1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

ThunderCelt's L2 Anteposts

Discussion in 'The Glory Hole' started by ThunderCelt, May 28, 2012.

1. ThunderCelt

ThunderCelt National League Punter

Accrington to be relegated, 50 units, evens, Sky
  2. ThunderCelt

To win the play-offs, all Sky

Port Vale 25 units, 14/1
    Cheltenham 63 units, 5/1
    Exeter, 63 units, 5/1
  3. ThunderCelt

Hedging: in play, 20 units Aldershot to beat Rochdale, 5/1, Bet365
  4. ThunderCelt

200 units, York to be relegated, 5/6, Sky.
  5. ThunderCelt

Hedging - Barnet/draw (v Torquay), 4/1, Bet365, in play, 10 units.
  6. ThunderCelt

Cheltenham/Chesterfield double (hedging my Exteter top relegated team bet for which BetVic have taken down the market :cry) 10 pts, 7.1/1 Bet365
  7. ThunderCelt

30 units, Torquay to be relegated, 5/1, Paddy
  8. ThunderCelt

Hedging against my Exeter as highest relegated team bet: 154 units, Chesterfield/draw double chance (v Exeter) 1/3

Edit - and another 100 units, price now 3/10.
  9. ThunderCelt

Forgot bookies have paid out on Gillingham already, so some spare cash :) to hedge against Rotherham being overtaken by Cheltenham for auto promotion - Aldershot/Cheltenham double, 20.7/1, 10 units, Bet365.
  10. ThunderCelt

With the play-offs coming up, all to be promoted:

Bradford, 24 units, 9/4, Bet365
    Northampton, 101 units, 11/4, Bet365
    Burton, 87 units, 10/3, Bet365
  11. ThunderCelt

So, the season, starting off with 2,000 units.

Winner - 445 units staked, 353 returned :mad: with Gillingham winning (congratulations clap )

Promoted or to win the play-offs (less outstanding) 258 staked, a measly 100 returned :mad: with Rotherham alone coming home.

Top 7 finish, 31 units staked, all on Cheltenham, :), 101 units returned.

Top relegated team, 479 units staked, 416 returned due to late hedging :mad:

Season match bet on Aldershot to beat Wimbledon, 25 units lost :mad:

Top scorer 80 units staked, 75 returned :mad: thanks to an each way bet on Jamie Cureton, who finished second.

Relegation 760 staked, 1,300 returned :) due to bigish (100 units stakes each) on lengthy punts Barnet (4/1 edit actually 3/1) and Aldershot (8/1) :puke

I still have 325 units outstanding on the four playoff teams, but have invested it so that I'm guaranteed a return of something in the high 370s no matter who wins.

So, my bank of 2,000 units (actually 2,403 units staked as I 'reinvested' some winnings) will be around 2,725 by the end of the play-offs, a profit of about a third on my bank or a yield of around 13% on the actual stakes. :beer The difference between profit and loss is entirely due to Aldershot coming in. Whether that's just a lucky punt, or me knowing better than the bookies how crap we were playing, I'll leave for others to judge.
  12. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Nice one TC clap Just a shame for you that it had to be Aldershot going down that got you that big a profit.
  13. Punter

Punter Moderator

Yes, very well done TC clap
  14. ThunderCelt

Thank you both. :thumb I'm looking forward to doing a 'ThunderCelt's Conference Antepost' thread next season :cry
  15. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Excellent stuff TC:).

I was thinking of you on the final day of the season when Barnet got relegated ,remembering that you'd picked them among your first bets.

Im very disappointed that The Shots' relegation apparently means I won't have your League 2 reviews to read ....for...er ...about 5? years:unsure:frown

In the Blue Square Conference theres a really good tipster called Alan Algar who you might wanna follow on twitter.

Hes also the spokesman for Blue Square!!

I know thats a bit weird but he knows his stuff and writes a good betting column in The Non-League Paper.

Good luck next Season
  16. ThunderCelt

Thanks hotspur; good to see you again. :thumb

I'll be doing some Conference previews (with Punter?), but with even less authority than my L2 ones. I'm following AA now; I'll probably have to go with his tips.
  17. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Ive now been through all these bets following my post on Punters thread earlier today.

And I think its clear that Thundercelt did not win by any kind of fluke.(Not that anyone thought otherwise)

He spotted clear value.The fact that Aldershot came in at 8-1 is counterbalanced by the fact that he singled out Port Vale at 10s for promotion but didn't bet on them.

Its really a pity that Aldershot were relegated as Id love to see what happens next season.

And herein lies the irony .

Thundercelt almost certainly would have made a significantly bigger profit if he had just bet those bets he considered to be value!!

Basically TC appears to be too good for this!!

This method is for lesser mortals:)

Also,
    I couldn't help noticing that BetVic featured prominently in TCs bets-with Aldershot being quoted at 8-1 when they were 6s everywhere else.

I don't know what stakes TC actually bet at but I can tell you that Bet Vic will certainly be banning him if he bets reasonable stakes in the future on such bets and wins.
  18. ThunderCelt

:embarassed Thanks hotspur, you've made my day here and on Punter's thread. I've done quite a bit of both antepost and match betting over the last season, and not just the bets I put here. I don't want to go into detail for after eventing reasons, but my anteposts were more pleasing than my match bets.

I haven't used multiples mostly because I've only been doing anteposts for a couple of seasons and wanted to work out what I was doing. I'll have a go this season, probably fourfolds in Scotland - for winners of L1 and 3, and the Prem and L2 without Celtic and Rangers. Look out for a thread, but it'll be small experimental stakes because I'm still a bit nervous and inexperienced about this bet type. :)
  19. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

OH WOW!!!!!

Never mind me making your day,YOU ve just made mine!

That is,IF I understood correctly.Youre gonna do a thread on here doing ante post multiples!?

In that case TC,Ive got some very very important news for you.

Only thing is I'm going to be writing a thread about this news...

(And NO,its not that I won £1million last season.Im not writing this from The Caribbean surrounded by 6 models:ohwell)