1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Trying Something Out ..

Discussion in 'Horse Racing & Greyhound Tips' started by Sean, Aug 22, 2022.

1. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Fairy snuff mate
    Sean likes this.
  2. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Did the right thing as Lingfield & Chelmsford both called off , why they call it ALL weather i'll never know :wasnme
  3. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Wednesday 21st December

7.00 Wolverhampton - Annie Rose 20/1 (365)
    ANNIE ROSE doesnt come into this in the best of form admittedly but it caught my eye that trainer Phil Kirby sends two to the meeting and both go in this race , on the face of it this ones probably the second string (K Stott on the other runner) but the fact that Connor Beasley is on his second string aint no bad thing imho. Trainer has a 20% strike rate over the past two weeks and when sending them to Wolverhampton this season hes managed a 15.9% strike rate. Jockey goes for just this one and he's done well at the course this season too , notching up a 16.4% strike rate and has a win and a place from his 4 rides aboard the horse. Hasnt really shown much since leaving David Barrons' yard but returning to a course where hes shown some decent form may spark a revival , 2 wins and 2 places from 6 runs over CD and im hoping that the fact that she runs off 50 here may help her cause considering shes won off as high as 66 in the past. At the 20s on offer with 365 it was just too big to ignore taking a chance to find out.

8.00 Wolverhampton - Spanish Angel 10/3 (365)
    Like the look of SPANISH ANGEL in this one , comes into the race in decent form , coming second on his last 3 starts , and not beaten far in any of them , a short head last time , a length in penultimate run and a head the time before that , could be construed as a tad unlucky last time , and gets in here off the same mark as that run so should hold every chance. Last 3 runs have shown hes in good nick and i think a win is well overdue and hopefully tonights the night he gets his head in front. Has placed on both starts over this evenings CD and has a win and 2 places from 4 runs at the course overall. Trainers done well here this season with a 17.9% strike rate along with a profit of +£28.88. To be honest i always look for Ruth Carr runners , usually with JP Sullivan aboard and lo and behold the man himself is here to ride just this one tonight. Given his current form should be in the firing line.

8.30 Wolverhampton - Athmad 16/1 (365,Hills) - Mafia Power 13/2 (365)
    A couple in the lucky last at Wolverhampton catch my beady eye , firstly top weight ATHMAD , who looks as though hes been given a chance by the handicapper having won off higher than this evenings mark , and last time outs sixth will hopefully have sharpened him up after a 165 day break so that hes ready to do himself justice tonight. Usually runs well round here , having won 5 times and placed 3 from his 12 runs over CD. That lady again , Ruth Carr , responsible for the horse , stats are above. Whilst Paul Mulrennan comes here for just this one ride which caught my eye , has ridden the horse 12 times resulting in 3 wins and 3 places. Not a cert by any stretch of the imagination but if putting his best hoove forward i can see him going close here if on song. The other one i like is MAFIA POWER , whose been holding his form well since coming back from a break - 1,2,2,3 .. that win came over todays CD and the lto run was also over CD , hes had 3 runs over CD with a win and two places to his name , trainer sends just this one to the meeting and he has an 11.7% strike rate when sending them to the course. First time up for Taylor Fisher , takes off a handy 5lb , and as ive said before hes a claimer i rate. Should be on the premises at what id consider a decent price.
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2022
  4. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

5. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Results / December

Noble Yeats 7/1 :thumb 1st 3/1
    Dashel Drasher 11/1 Lost (2nd)
    Percussion 20/1 Lost (3rd)
    Copperhead 14/1 Lost
    You're Cool 12/1 Lost (3rd)
    Business 14/1 Lost
    Camusdarach 9/2 Non Runner
    Lady Wormsley 3/1 Non Runner
    Hiya Maite 7/2 :thumb 1st 4/5
    Annie Rose 20/1 Lost
    Spanish Angel 10/3 Lost
    Athmad 16/1 Lost
    Mafia Power 13/2 Lost (3rd)

Bets 11
    Won 2
    EP +1.50
    SP -5.20
  6. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Monday 26th December

1.42 Fontwell - Rays The One 10/1 (Hills,Lads,Coral,BFred)
    Open race and quite a difficult one to solve but ive decided on last time winner RAYS THE ONE as my solution . His lto win over todays CD was quite eyecatching and if in the same sort of mood here i think hes going to go very close. Two from three over todays CD and hes won on the going before. Trainer Mark Pattison brings just this one to the meeting and he has a 50% strike rate over the past month , along with a profit of +£10.00 , and when sending runners to the course this season he has a 50% strike rate (and a profit of +£9.00). So the fact that hes sent just this one her caught my eye. Jockey Marc Goldstein has ridden the horse once before resulting in a 6th place. Over the past fortnight hes got a 25% strike rate and at Fontwell this season hes got an 18.5% strike rate. Not a definite but at the price worth a pop imho.

1.47 Huntingdon - Poker Master 4/1 (Hills,Lads,Coral,BFred)
    Another difficult looking race where a few look to hold chances but im going to side with the inform POKER MASTER whose going for the three timer. Since coming back from a break has notched up a couple of CD victories under his beltand hopefully today he can make it 3/3 this season. Seems to kike it here as he's 2 from 3 over CD and 4 from 5 at the course and despite going up another 4lb i can see him making his presence felt. To be honest he's been very consistent since Tom Buckley took over the reins earlier this year - 1,1,1,3,1,1 so the pair have notched up quite an impressive partnership. Over the past two weeks the jockey has got a 33% strike rate and in the past month the trainer , Philip McBride , has a none too shabby 37.5% strike rate and when the pair have teamed up in the past three weeks theyve got a 100% strike rate. Despite the fact of the horses rise in the weights i think everything points to another solid run.

2.35 Newcastle - Heroique De Maulde 7/2 (365)
    And another open looking race where a case could be made for a few of the participants but HEROIQUE DE MAULDE looks as though he should go well after being touched off by a short head last time out on his British debut. Could be said that he was a tad unlucky last time but im sure that the trainer and jockey will be looking to make amends this time round. The thing that caught my eye is that the winner of the race , Hidden Commander , has gone in again since and in the aforementioned race the pair of them were 11 lengths ahead of the third home so the form looks as though it could be solid. Brian Hughes back in the saddle , and you know that hes gonna be trying , been riding well of late with an 18.5% strike rate over the past month , whilst his SR at Newcastle over the past 5 years is a decent 20.5%. Trainer James Ewart has managed a 33% strike rate over the past two weeks and sends just this one out from his Scottish base so that could be a message of intent in itself. If running like he did last time has to hold a serious chance here.

1.35 Wetherby - Zanza 11/1 (Hills,Lads,BFred)
    - Top Ville Ben 25/1 (365)
    Open looking Rowland Meyrick and whilst those at the front of the betting look to have solid credentials im looking further afield for my options and two at decent prices caught my eye , first one was ZANZA , one of two runners for Philip Hobbs , hasnt run badly this season after an initial pipe opener over hurdles (coming 6th) he was a solid enough second on his penultimate run over the bigger obstacles before his last time out win at Newbury where he beat Demachine by 12 lengths , hasnt won at todays distance having been pulled in both attempts previously but im hopeful of a better showing today , and the trainer knows what hes doing so i'll trust him on that score. Michael Nolan in the hot seat and he has two wins from four rides aboard the horse and has a 25% strike rate here at Wetherby over the past five years. All things considered he could go well at what i'd consider a reasonable price. The other one i like is the consistent TOP VILLE BEN who you can usually rely upon to run his race , was a decent enough third on his re appearance last time out after 216 days off course , and im hoping that will have blown the cobwebs away and have him spot on for this today. Knows this course well enough having won this race back in 2019 and from his 6 runs over todays CD he has three wins and a place. Jockey Thomas Dowson gets the leg up and is here for just this one ride , 33% SR over the past 3 weeks , and he has 2 wins and 4 places from his 11 rides on the horse. Trainer Philip Kirby is as shrewd as they come i think and hes also here for just this one , and he has a 19% SR over the past 3 weeks. If on song i think he has enough about him to trouble the principals and at the price , for me , has to be worth a go.

1.28 Wincanton - Step Back 10/1 (Hills)
    Top weight STEP BACK may be getting on in years but i dont think hes a back number just yet .. and at the opening price with Hills looks worth a punt. Won the Bet365 Gold Cup back in 2018 and has run well in numerous decent races and whilst he probably isnt the horse of old i can see him getting involved here. Made a pleasing return to action when last seen at the beginning of the month when second to I See You Well , beaten a length and a half , should of come on for that and im hoping that he can get himself involved at the business end here today. Has won off much higher than todays mark which can only give me more hope i think. Trainer Mark Bradstock been amongst the winners with a 25% strike rate in the past month , and sends just Step Back to the meeting , whilst Lily Bradstock comes here for this one ride. Has ridden the horse three times resulting in a place but the 7lb she claims can only help the cause and a decent showing wouldnt come as a surprise.

2.25 Wolverhampton - Grace Angel 4/1 (365,Hills,Lads,Coral,BFred)
    I like the look of GRACE ANGEL chances in this , despite not being a big fan of her trainer i have to say. She is a very consistent sort and very rarely runs a bad race , last 6 races - 1,3,2,2,1,3 and has never been unplaced here over CD - a win and two places from her three runs here. Trainer has just the one runner here , and whilst i was a fan of the Dazzlers riding abilities im not so keen on him as a trainer (probably just me !) . Jason Watson in the hot seat and he has a place and a win from his two rides on the horse and when trainer and jockey have teamed up in the past three weeks theyve racked up a 50% strike rate. If running her race i can see her going very close.

3.35 Wolverhampton - Street Kid 8/1 (365) - Revolutionise 4/1 (365)
    Couple in this class 3 handicap catch my eye , first up is current favourite REVOLUTIONISE who comes into this on the back of a CD win last time out just over a month ago , won by 2 1/4 lengths but was value for more imho. Has gone up 7lb for that but has won off higher marks than todays so hopefully shouldnt prove too much of a problem. Has never been unplaced over todays CD , winning twice and placing once from three outings. Trainer Stuart Williams knows the time of day and this is his only runner here this afternoon , and i cant see him sending him here unless he thought he had a good chance of following up. In the past fortnight he's notched up a 45% strike rate so definatley seems to have his string in fine fettle and with Jason Watson up for the first time i can see this one giving it a good go. The other one i like is STREET POET who always seems to run his race , and has been second on his last three starts , the last one of those over todays CD. Seems to like it here with two wins and a place from 4 runs over CD. Trainers only runner and Daniel Muscutt in the plate , has ridden the horse 5 times but has never won on him , placing 4 times , hopefully this will be the first win. Not badly drawn and i can see him going close.

4.45 Wolverhampton - Busby 3/1 (365) - Hooflepuff 11/1 (Hills,Lads,Coral,BFred)
    Another race where i think having a couple onside could well provide me with a nice profit for the race (hopefully !) .. We'll start with topweight BUSBY who comes into this in flying form and is looking for a three timer , won over CD last two races , and won well , he gets in here off 70 but he's won off as high as 78 before so i dont think that will prove to be too much of a hinderance. Trip and track no problem , obviously , has won three and placed once from 5 runs over CD. Jockey takes a valuable 7lb off but i have to say i know nothing about the jockey at all so trusting the trainer on that one. Philip Kirby brings just this one here and has a 15.2% strike rate at Wolverhampton this term. Taking everything into consideration Busby shouldnt be far away. The other one i like is the consistent HOOFLEPUFF who is another who always seems to run his race and you couldnt honestly discount him at what i'd consider a decent price. Ran his last four races over todays CD , resulting in figures of - 1,1,2,5 and he's only been unplaced once in tens runs over CD - five wins and 4 places. Dale Swift in the saddle and he has a 20.5% strike rate here this season along with a very eyecatching +£51.73 profit. If running to his best he should be fighting out the finish.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2022
    Punter likes this.
  7. Punter

Punter Moderator

Excellent stuff Sean.
    I already have Yorksea the 1.42 and i've just joined you on Rays The One 10/1, with an ew single. It's a significant name to me right now. That aside, like you say, last run was eye catching and looks to be great e.w value
    Also put it in an ew double with Ahoy Senor the King George,
    Good luck Tomorrow!
    Sean likes this.
  8. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Good luck Punter :thumb Heres to a profitable Boxing Day
    Punter likes this.
  9. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I'll be backing most of yours Seen but I already had Heroique De Maulde down to back in whatever its next race was after its impressing and brave effort last time out. Very impressed.

I'll be giving Grace Angel a miss at the price and be backing Radio Goo Goo instead at 14s and 3 places on betfair and I'll be swerving the 445 race as well.

Good luck to you also Punter.
    Punter and Sean like this.
  10. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Best of Luck ODM :thumb

I could of added more , was a mare trying to whittle em down gotta be honest !
  11. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Well done with Yorksea Punter :thumb
    Punter likes this.
  12. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Results / December

Copperhead 14/1 Lost
    Business 14/1 Lost
    Camusdarach 9/2 Non Runner
    Lady Wormsley 3/1 Non Runner
    Hiya Maite 7/2 :thumb 1st 4/5
    Annie Rose 20/1 Lost
    Spanish Angel 10/3 Lost
    Athmad 16/1 Lost
    Mafia Power 13/2 Lost (3rd)
    Rays The One 10/1 Lost (3rd)
    Poker Master 4/1 Lost
    Zanza 11/1 Lost
    Top Ville Ben 25/1 Lost
    Step Back 10/1 Lost
    Heroique De Maulde 7/2 Lost (3rd)
    Grace Angel Non Runner
    Street Kid 8/1 Lost
    Revolutionise 4/1 Lost
    Busby 3/1 Lost (2nd)
    Hooflepuff 11/1 Lost

Bets 21
    Won 2
    EP -8.50
    SP -15.20
  13. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Unbelievably sh*te day , sorry to anyone who followed , worst day for i dont know how long .. hopefully can come out ahead by the end of the month , see what happens
    Punter likes this.
  14. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Never mind, I've still got some cold turkey left somewhere in one of the bins.

Ohhhhh it's sooooooooo cold now I can't afford the heating :cry
    Sean and Punter like this.
  15. Punter

Punter Moderator

:lol

No worries Sean, it's never easy. Good days bad days, good weeks bad weeks, it's all part of betting. It wont stop me from following again.
    Ray's the One was a nice each way bet, if i hadn't of thrown Ahoy Senor in with it, it would of been a nice little profit. My lad only did an ew single on it so he's happy.
    Sean and ONEDUNME like this.
  16. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Yeah, what he said:thumb
    Sean likes this.
  17. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

:lol

Follow me ..for more tips on ways to the workhouse :hatsoff
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2022
  18. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Wednesday 28th December

5.55 Newcastle - Cheeky Maxi 25/1 (Hills,Lads,Coral,BFred) - Bedazzling 11/2 (365)
    A handful look to hold chances in this nursery handicap but a couple stand out for me , first up is BEDAZZLING who hasnt been in bad form this term (last win came in November) , comes into this on the back of a lacklustre seventh last time out but i think she can improve on that here. Came second on her only run at Newcastle , and if putting her best foot forward she can definatley make her presence felt. I think Daniel Muscutt taking over steering duties for the first time will improve her chances in my honest opinion , in the last month he's amassed a decent enough 16% strike rate, and when he's ridden here this season he has a 25.6% strike rate along with a healthy profit of +£11.45. George Boughey is a trainer i rate and the fact that he sends just this one to the meeting caught me eye , he has a 26.7% SR when sending his runners here over the past 5 years and this season he's knocked out a 30% SR alongside a profit of +£10.53 , he's also got a 19% strike rate over the past three weeks so the stable seems to be in fine fettle. I think Bedazzling should go close here. The other one i like at a bigger price is CHEEKY MAXI , who was fourth of five in a Lingfield nursery last time out , beaten by the very inform Huberts Dream (South Dakota Sioux who re opposes here was second in that race) , placed on only run over CD when second to Havana By The Sea. Alice Haynes can get one ready and has a 14% strike rate over the past 21 days. And the fact that Jason Watson is in the plate for the first time didnt go un noticed either. Been riding well here this season with a 15.5% strike rate and an eyecatching profit of +£63.50 , i think he could go well at a decent price.

3.40 Leciester - Lilys Gem 6/1 (365) - Sir Jack West 13/2 (Generally)
    LILYS GEM improved on recent form by winning her last race by a length and a quarter over todays CD , doing it well imo , and i read that the improved form was down to the step up in trip and the slower ground , we have both today , so im hoping that the same combination can help her in the follow up attempt. Has been raised 5lb for that win but could still be well treated on her old form so not too worried. Trainer sends just this one out today and he's been amongst the winners lately with an 18.2% strike rate over the past four weeks , does well when sending his horses here with a 33% SR and this season he's one from one. Jockey Benjamin Poste also comes here for just this one , and he rode to her victory last time out , hasnt been in the best of form lately but does have a 20% strike rate here this term , i think she can go close here. The other one i like is SIR JACK WEST who also won last time out , again over todays CD , won by 4 1/4 lengths but the manner in which he won would suggest to me that he was value for more , and like my other selection he could be well treated on his old form. Trainer Deb Cole has a 33% strike rate at the course and she sends just this one to the meeting and Chris ward who rode him in the lto win comes her for just the one ride and eases the burden by taking 5lb off his back , despite this looking a stronger race i think he can definatley be involved come the finising line.
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2022
    ONEDUNME likes this.
  19. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

20. Sean

Sean Well-Known Member

Results / December

Copperhead 14/1 Lost