1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Tue 30th Aug

Discussion in 'Horse Racing & Greyhound Tips' started by beamer, Aug 29, 2011.

1. beamer

beamer Moderator

Try and post prices and staking up tomorrow.

Ripon 4.10 Classic Colori

This possibly could be a learning exercise for the new trainer who has only had him a few days, but the fact that Tudhope takes this ride rather than the shorter price stablemate gives hope.

The horse has been badly treated on turf, due to an A/W listed win ( strangely on 1 run on p/t since), but has now dropped to 86 and showed signs of a revival lto at Haydock.

There is still an issue with him getting 10f but the fact he's got a Cambridgeshire entry, leads me to think the trip should be no problem.

The visor left off does concern me, but it's an open even and 12/1+ is fair value.

South 6.10 Meirveld

Bit of a retreival mission with this one, having backed it 3 days ago and run poorly. It was weak in market pre race and there are another pointers for me to back it again.

Goes on the surface, step up looks ok and Paul Pickards stats are very good. 18/133 at the track and 11/49 for the trainer.

Wolver 8.25 Super Seeker

I'm clueless what trip what this lightly raced 5yo wants, but he looks a natural A/w horse, yet all his 9 runs have been on turf.

Unusually for the trainer this horse got a "bad" h/cap after his 2nd run when the opposition bombed meaning he finished 2nd @ 200/1. Taken a long time to come down, but comes into the race off 60 and worth chancing he will improve for surface and jockey booking.

Cheers beamer
  2. Topdog

Topdog Moderator

Good Luck

2.40 Epsom-Another Try

1pt Win @ 9-2 [Victor Chandler] & 2pts Place @ Betfair Sp

Good apprentice gets on well with the horse

4th:banghead
  3. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Poor yesterday, with only STATEOS doing me any favours. Did not make as much as I should as I concentrated too much on the forecast, which never looked like happening. Today's cards don't fill me with much more confidence, but having a dart nonetheless, with the following :-

2:30 Ripon - SHOW OF FAITH - Almost automatic one for me as it is one of Ed McMahon's 2yo's. His debutantes have tended to disappoint this year, but has had plenty improve for their 2nd run. Hopefully this one will fit the mould and he did at least show ability on debut. Did like the look of a couple of others as well so have added MAJESTIC BREEZE and DREAM LIONESS for a combo forecast.

3:35 Ripon - PONTY ACCLAIM - Not disgraced last twice, in valuable sales races and should find today's company a lot less taxing. Possibly better over today's trip and does hold a C and D win as well.

6:25 Wolverhampton - OLYNARD - Has fallen a hell of a long way, in the last year, but still not sure he should be 16's for a seller. First time tongue tie, will hopefully bring about an improved effort and IMO just too big.

7:10 Southwell - SCRUFFY SKIP - Thought long and hard about this one, as he has recently been costly to follow. Marginally better LTO, when up there for a long way and back to his favourite trip today. Also interesting to me that the stable has sent him out again 2 days after his last run, as there would seem to be little point in running an out of sorts horse twice in quick succession. Stable 2nd string as well today and if anything that inspires more confidence with one from this yard.

4:40 Southwell - GILLY'S GIANT - FAV is too short for me, so happy to take a massive " flyer " on this one. Stable does get 2yo winners and has had one at the track. By one of my favourite soft ground sires, so hopeful about the surface suiting.