1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

US Masters 2013

Discussion in 'Other Sports Betting' started by traeth, Apr 9, 2013.

1. traeth

traeth Moderator

these odds from Corals. Each-way 1/4 the odds a place 1,2,3,4,5

Tiger Woods 7/2 4.50 Rory McIlroy 8/1 9.00 Phil Mickelson 11/1 12.00

Justin Rose 20/1 21.00 Charl Schwartzel 25/1 26.00 Lee Westwood 28/1 29.00

Adam Scott 28/1 29.00 Keegan Bradley 28/1 29.00 Louis Oosthuizen 28/1 29.00

Dustin Johnson 33/1 34.00 Matt Kuchar 33/1 34.00 Henrik Stenson 40/1 41.00

Luke Donald 40/1 41.00 Bubba Watson 40/1 41.00 Brandt Snedeker 40/1 41.00

Ian Poulter 40/1 41.00 Sergio Garcia 40/1 41.00 Rickie Fowler 50/1 51.00

Hunter Mahan 50/1 51.00 Jason Day 50/1 51.00 Nick Watney 50/1 51.00

Steve Stricker 50/1 51.00 Padraig Harrington 60/1 61.00 Jim Furyk 66/1 67.00

Webb Simpson 66/1 67.00 Jason Dufner 66/1 67.00 Graeme Mcdowell 66/1 67.00

Bill Haas 66/1 67.00 Peter Hanson 80/1 81.00 Kj Choi 90/1 91.00

I've left out the players at odds above 100/1

Coral's have an offer if Tiger wins and you back the second
  2. traeth

traeth Moderator

3. Jezza

Jezza Active Member

Who you backing traeth? I quite like betting on the masters for some reason and looking for some tips lol
  4. traeth

traeth Moderator

not much of an expert on golf jezza , but I have a bet on the golf majors , just had a look at last years thread , nearly everyone here had a bet and we had a winner in swoops , so he's the resident Masters Expert

we want to know who you're backing this year swoops

last years thread here:

http://www.betnod.com/threads/golf-2012-masters-april-5th-6th-7th-8th.1083/

Last year I backed Tiger to come back to form in the majors , it looks like I was a year too early.
    I'll post my selections tomorrow , especially after reading swoops' contribution
  5. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

Welcome Jez. How's the poker going?
    Jezza likes this.
  6. traeth

traeth Moderator

I'm on oddschecker and there are three bookies offering e.w. 1/4 1,2,3,4,5,6 , Boyles , Paddies and 888

Boyles , Laddies , BetVictor and Coral have offers

Boyles
    If Rory McIlroy wins the US Masters we will refund losing bets on the Outright. Applies to bets placed from 12 noon Friday 5th April until start of the tournament. Max ref. 100 euro per customer

Ladbrokes
    Ladbrokes offer Masters money back if British or Irish player wins

Bet Victor
    If Tiger Woods or Rory McIlroy win the 2013 US Masters, BetVictor will refund all losing pre-event Tournament Outright Winner bets up to £/€50 per person/household!

Coral
    Place a pre-tournament Outright Win Single on the US Masters and if your player finishes 2nd to Tiger Woods, Coral will refund your stake as a free bet up to £/€100 per customer.

That Ladbrokes looks decent at first glance , remember to read T&C
  7. Punter

Punter Moderator

I'll be watching when I can over the weekend, I've had a couple of bets just for interest..

Woods @ 4/1
    Snedeker @ 40/1
    Mahan @ 50/1
    Fowler @ 50/1
  8. Jezza

Jezza Active Member

Pretty good thanks Colbro, although I hit a major downswing in November last year I have yet to recover from fully. How is everything going for you mate? Poker is a lot tougher now than in the glory years of 03-08 but with hard work and good game selection its still possible to have an edge. Playing the WSOP last year was epic. Are you still trading in currency markets?.

Thanks for the tips punter and great selection of offers traeth. I will wait till tomorrow to place selections, hoping for more replies here! I am just having some small bets for interest
    Punter likes this.
  9. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

I've always looked for long drivers since they lengthened the course, rather than the putters which it used to be. Thats how I picked up on Bubba. Theres a few that normally go well on this course like Van Pelt, Mahan, couples, Harrington, Westwood, Poulter, Scott, Choi, Yang, Oosthuizen. It's a bit of a leap of faith to see some of them winning but thats why the odds are decent.
    Tiger looks strong but he's unbackable that short & Rory's form coming in isn't great, so I think I'm looking down the road of Scott, Oosthuizen, Schwartzel & Dufner but no bets on yet
    Jezza likes this.
  10. Jezza

Jezza Active Member

thanks for that swooperman, im gonna follow your tips blind when you post them lol
  11. traeth

traeth Moderator

here are my interest bets

Matt Kuchar @ 34 e.w.
    Nick Watney @ 51 e.w.
    Jason Day @ 66 e.w.
    Luke Donald @ 41 e.w.
    Jezza likes this.
  12. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Lot of people like Justin Rose but he's too short for me even at 20's....I mean you have to like Tiger but not at the price. martin laird won in Texas & hes a big price....oooohhhhh :unsure
  13. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Ok, bets are on:
    McIlroy 11/1 drifted, thought a fair price but wouldnt have taken at 8/1
    Dufner 66/1 over priced in my mind. always thought hes dodgy putting but the ryder cup proved that as bollocks & there are enough that agree with me
    Bo Van Pelt 110/1 knows his way around here & looks decent
    Adam Scott 22/1 wanted longer but been here before & got 2nd or 3rd, decent driver
    Jezza likes this.
  14. Topdog

Topdog Moderator

Good Luck

Tournament match bets on

Charl Schwartzel to beat Oosthuizen @ 1.91 [Sportingbet]

Padraig Harrington to beat McDowell @ 2 [Skybet]

Jason Day to beat Watney @ 2 [Stan James]
  15. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

All 4 of mine (& potentially Jezza's) made the cut, & although I'm not sure Bo Van Pelt is well enough placed, the other 3 are within 3 shots or so of the leaders & are runners, particularly, if you ask me, grumpy Dufner
  16. Jezza

Jezza Active Member

Yeah its epic swoops, I followed all your picks plus backed tiger at 6/1 this morning
  17. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Nice pick on jason Day, Traeth. I looked at him & Scott as having previous here & plumped for Scott but quite happy.
    Can't help feeling they've fucked up keeping Tiger in tbh. Anybody else? No chance
  18. Jezza

Jezza Active Member

6/1 dreams confirmed crushed :(
  19. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Was that 6/1 before or after this load of bollocks going on?
  20. Jezza

Jezza Active Member

was just after 2 shot penalty. Hes 7/1 now.