1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

US racing

Discussion in 'Horse Racing & Greyhound Tips' started by Seen, May 4, 2020.

1. Seen

Seen Moderator

Another demolition job from the front there, it's gonna be a waste of time trying to get a winner from off the pace at Fonner tonight, nothing can pick up at all.
  2. Seen

Seen Moderator

3rd race at Fonner (6f) won by, surprise surprise, a horse that made all. Should be money to be made trading whatever leads for the rest of the races.
    slick likes this.
  3. Seen

Seen Moderator

11.45 Will Rogers (6f) - no fewer than 5 horses here that like to lead so we could see a late pace collapse. The top 3 horses on the finishing speed ratings are CANELA CALIENTE (50.0), HEY ROXY (100.0) and BATTLE CHIC (8.6). Obviously the latter is the most likely winner of the 3 but the other two are worth a go at huge odds. I can see something hitting a massive price in-running before storming home, hope it's one of mine (no's 2,3,4,5,6 & 12).
  4. Seen

Seen Moderator

Every single winner at Fonner Park tonight either led from the off or were in front at the first turn, something to bear in mind for tomorrow's meeting. The in-running players knew too, the penultimate race the 2nd fav (and eventual winner) was 5.0 as they jumped but as soon as the race went in-running and he was in the lead he was odds-on :D
  5. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Tuesday 5th - All at Will Rogers Downs

7.15 - SWORD OF AZERI at 25's

7.45 - BREAK AT DAWN at 4's

8.15 - A GUY LIKE ME at 20's

9.15 - IMMA WILD BLING at 10's
  6. Seen

Seen Moderator

Good luck Samoan :thumb

7.45 - A severe shortage of early pace here so I want to be on whatever leads - unfortunately without a crystal ball we have no way of knowing which jockey is actually use his noggin and take advantage of the likely pace bias until they jump, so in-running bets only. I'll be backing those on the lead and just off it, as long as their prices don't collapse immediately.
  7. Seen

Seen Moderator

Nice winner Samoan :thumb

Small loss for me, the runner-up was one of the few I backed in-running, on at 8.0 and 13.0, went 1.5 before being caught late on, managed to recoup most of stakes. Surprisingly the winner didn't go any bigger in-running.
  8. Seen

Seen Moderator

Big price for your runner here, Samoan...65.0 on Betfair :eek:

The fav (7) is probably gonna be hard to beat so not a race I'm confident about but I'm having small stakes at big odds in-running on the 1,4,5,6 and the 'obvious' finisher 8.
  9. Seen

Seen Moderator

The fav looked home and hosed but was mowed down late on by the strong finishing 8 horse. I was on at 8.0 and 15.0 (BFSP 5.1) but I wish I'd been more greedy as it hit 90.0 in-running.
  10. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

8.45 - WESTERN DRAWL - Have to go back to 2018 for this one's best form, but chance on those runs and is on 3rd run back off a break, so could not rule at 16's.
  11. Seen

Seen Moderator

8.45 A difficult race to weigh up pace wise, but there doesn't appear to be a lot of early toe. The 1 horse (NATIVE RIVER) would have a big chance from the front from a perfect draw if his jockey choses to take the initiative, 7.8 looks a decent price. I'll take that pre-race as it's price will probably shorten immediately if he leads. If anything else leads I'll get on them early doors.
  12. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Am also thinking that Western Drawl will trade bigger in running
  13. Seen

Seen Moderator

Cracking winner Samoan, unfortunately for me yours ran down mine late on....we should have done the exacta (paid $130) :D

It was a really odd race in-running, my pick (the 1 horse) led and was always going strongly but bizarrely kept getting bigger whereas it should have been shortening (it actually hit 25.0 as it kicked 4 lengths clear rounding the final bend), and then never traded at shorter than 3.3 despite being clear, normally it would have traded at odds-on. The winner only hit 30.0 (BFSP 25.0) whereas normally it would have gone a far bigger price than that.
  14. Seen

Seen Moderator

9.15 The in-form 2 horse is slightly odds-on but the ratings don't back that up and might be better at 5f. Going for the 7 horse (FREEDOM HILL) who could come from behind after hitting a good price (currently 7.0 but I want bigger).
  15. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

9.45 - MEISSEN - Beaten too far last time to be super confident, but lightly raced and suspect this one is capable of better at 13/2.

10.15 - WESTMONT - FAV last time and blinkers added today, so for me can eke out a bit more today at 12's.

10.45 - JIMMY WINNE - Fair enough in all 3 starts to date and not convinced by the FAV at 2's, so happy with JW at 7's.

11.45 - POP CULTURE - Not the most consistent, but more than capable on a going day and makes stable debut here at 16's.
  16. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Got the 30 in running on the winner, but went 1 to beat 10 straight forecast for a couple of quid. Not too fussed as it meant that I was winning either way, so would not have minded if yours had fought back.
  17. Seen

Seen Moderator

I'm leaving the 9.45 alone as I don't like betting in these US maiden races. I'll keep an eye on yours and might throw a couple of quid at it if it goes bigger in-running - it's top-rated on finishing speed. The fav (14 horse) has very fast early pace ratings so might be a decent back-to-lay.
  18. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

9.45 - Adding SMOKIN SHEETS at 170 as not sure he should be 10 times the price of Lily Belle, who is not unfancied.
  19. Seen

Seen Moderator

14 horse did indeed lead and went as short as 1.3 before being swallowed up. Horses are finding it hard to last home at Will Rogers tonight.

10.00 Fonner - it was impossible to come from off the pace here last night so it'll be interesting if the bias continues tonight. The three outside runners have are the trio likely to be fighting for the lead and I'm going for the bigger priced one BUMPY GAME (no4) at 13.5, hopefully he can lead and go well for a long way.
  20. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Mine were a bit crappy, so cheers for the advice regarding the FAV. Not a big layer, but did it this time and it meant I broke even on the race.
    Seen likes this.