1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

ANTE-POST Vanarama National League Betting 2017/18

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by Punter, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Punter

Punter Moderator

b1.PNG

b2.PNG

Odds from Bet365
  2. ThunderCelt

ThunderCelt National League Punter

Tranmere came back strongly during the second half of last season after changing their manager, and despite a mammoth injury crisis but had too much to do to catch Lincoln. They seem stronger this season - particularly going forward - and the 9/2 ew I got seemed good value, although the best now is 7/2 which wouldn't appeal.

The relegation prices are all over the place, and only three companies have given prices. I reckon it should be easily possible to guarantee a profit by betting the best prices, but that's no fun so I've taken two so far, both at 4/1 with BetVic (less then 2/1 elsewhere):

Torquay, because they've struggled the last couple of seasons and haven't convinced me they're strengthening significantly

Woking. A strange one because they've sold loads of season tickets for £99 on the basis of getting people through the gates and getting the club through the summer in anticipation of a big investment. *IF* the investment doesn't show up then avoiding the bottom four might be the least of their problems. If it does, then my bet will be a waste.

The clubs coming up all look good enough to consolidate, so it could look gloomy for the smaller clubs who were near the trap door last time, although I've not invested yet.
  3. ThunderCelt

Speculative, and with heart rather than head, is Bath City to be promoted from the South at Betway's 13/2. They're my home town team so I keep an eye out for them as my second side, and now my son is living a few minutes walk from the ground I get to see them occasionally when visiting.

The squad seems to have strengthened since last season's ninth place finish, including several ex-Aldershot players who can probably still do a job at this level despite most being 'nearer the end of their careers then the beginning'. I'd be disappointed if they didn't finish higher than last season, but the bet is a small one for interest only as I don't think there's any value in 13/2.
  4. ThunderCelt

Another one based on heart before head is Aldershot to finish top seven at the general 5/4. Out two star players have left but the manager has reinvested wisely and I think we now have a deeper squad that can cope better with injuries and suspensions. We've also kept most of last year's team together, which hopefully means we'll hit the ground running. We reached the play-offs last year, and with down to 7th place in the play-offs this year I'd be disappointed if we didn't make them.