1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Watch This Match

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Punter, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Punter

Punter Moderator

Not a bad little site for watching highlights of some famous games..

http://watchthismatch.blogspot.co.uk/

I've just been watching my first ever away match, Fulham 4 Hereford 1, where i had the pleasure of watching Bobby Moore, George Best and Rodney Marsh all play for Fullham, not to mention Kevin Sheedy, Terry Paine and Dudley Tyler all play for Hereford :zhail
  2. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Never knew Kevin Sheedy played for Hereford. He was probably my favourite player as a kid, even tried to play left-footed like him (soon gave that up, mind, I was shit enough using my right foot :lookaround)
  3. Punter

Punter Moderator

Sheedy was brilliant.

I must of been a real sad kid cause when the Hereford first team wasnt playing, i'd ask me grandad to make the 46 mile round trip so i could watch the reserves! :embarassed :embarassed
    I remember watching him as a 16 (maybe 17)? yr old, i remember him picking the ball up in his own half, beating 5 players and firing one in, in one reserve game. Brilliant to watch.

He was soon in the first team and then soon sold to Liverpool, it didn't work out for him there but Everton see the potential and he had a brilliant career there. Top player for club and country.