1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Welsh Premier 3rd/4th Sept

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by traeth, Aug 31, 2011.

1. traeth

traeth Moderator

these odds from Ladbrokes

Saturday
    Aberystwyth vs Bala Town 2.25 3.20 2.75
    Port Talbot vs Newtown 1.57 3.50 5.00
    Bangor vs Afan Lido 1.36 3.75 8.00
    Prestatyn vs Carmarthen 1.61 3.50 4.50
    Llanelli vs New Saints 2.50 3.20 2.50

Sunday
    Neath vs Airbus 1.44 3.50 7.00
  2. traeth

traeth Moderator

some of last week's results baffled me so I've posted the league table after 3 games with my comments

Bala 7 ...can't believe they are top after what I saw in pre-season friendly against my side Porthmadog
    Neath 6 ... how did they lose last week?
    Llanelli 4 ...dropped three points in the opening game
    Aberystwyth 4 ...steady start considering their opponents so far
    Prestatyn 4 ...always steady at home
    The New Saints 4 ...dropped some valueable points
    Bangor 4 ...only got one point at home to Aber last week , nothing like last season
    Port Talbot 4 ...difficult side for me to fathom
    Airbus 3 ...consistent , three draws
    Carmarthen 3 ...surprised me with last week's win
    Afan Lido 3 ...two losses then a great win against Neath, unbelieveable
    Newtown 3 ...got more points than I expected at this stage

need time to think before making any predictions
  3. ThunderCelt

ThunderCelt National League Punter

On paper, Bala and Carmarthen both look a decent price. Port Talbot and Bangor seem very short - is there really the gulf in class the price implies or is there a touch of value in Afan Lido?
  4. traeth

traeth Moderator

hi thunder,
    I think that Aber were a similar price when they played Bangor last week , I don't think Afan Lido to be in the same class as Bangor or even Aber . At that price I don't think Afan Lido are value. A mate who went to watch Bangor v Aber last week said that Bangor lacked the zest/determination that they had last season . The highlights of Bangor's first match v Llanelli had Bangor working hard and playing some good football.
    Port Talbot lost at Carmarthen last week and Newtown won at Carmarthen in the opening game , which would indicate that Newtown could win at Port Talbot.
    I do not think that Newtown will win though as they have an inferior squad to Port Talbot , Newtown have the smallest budget in this league.
    Bala are on a roll at the moment but thay are of a similar standard to Aber , I can see this one going either way so a no bet for me.
    Carmarthen are unpredictable and had a poor start until last week's win , Prestatyn are difficult to beat at home . I'm finding it difficult to pick a winner here , but the value is in Carmarthen [ value does not win you games though ]

the two that I see winning are Bangor and Neath but the prices are poor, asian handicaps could tempt me but bet365 give asian prices only on the day of the match
  5. ThunderCelt

ThunderCelt National League Punter

Thanks traeth.