1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Welsh Premier League 19th/20th/21st Aug

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by traeth, Aug 17, 2011.

1. traeth

traeth Moderator

this weekend's fixtures , only the televised game being played late on a Saturday, due to the international rugby match
    Friday
    Aberystwyth v Newtown 2.10 3.30 2.90
    Llanelli v Afan Lido 1.28 4.33 8.50
    Port Talbot v The New Saints 4.50 3.50 1.61
    Prestatyn v Airbus 1.73 3.40 4.00

Saturday 17:00 Bala Town v Carmarthen 1.80 3.30 3.75

Sunday Neath v Bangor 2.60 3.30 2.30

I had great difficulty getting these odds up from will hill , V.C. were even worse , what am I doing wrong?
    p.s. bet365 new format is impossible for me to copy and paste
  2. traeth

traeth Moderator

my initial thoughts are that the bookies have priced these matches about right , so nothing stands out

Friday
    Aberystwyth v Newtown ...should be a home win , but Newtown had an away win at Carmarthen last week ,
    Llanelli v Afan Lido ...home win but no value there against the new boys
    Port Talbot v The New Saints ...TNS are the better side but could only draw at home to Bala Town last week - caution!
    Prestatyn v Airbus ...Prestatyn are a good home side but that price is no value
    Saturday 17:00 Bala Town v Carmarthen ...Bala Town had a good away draw at TNS last week , that's an excellent result , Carmarthen lost at home to Newtown last weekend
    Sunday Neath v Bangor ...I can see the winner here winning the league , Neath had a good home win against Aber last week , Bangor played well to beat Llanelli at home . Both sides can score and defences are leaky , which indicates an overs match.
    1.45 for an over 2.5 isn't going to tempt me.

I'll have a more detailed look before placing my bets
  3. ThunderCelt

ThunderCelt National League Punter

As always my interest in this league is matched by my lack of knowledge.

I read somewhere that Bala might do well this season (in fairness I think I read it on Bala's web site) and thankfully that was good enough to encourage me to avoid TNS last week. Assuming Carmarthen haven't improved much, Bala might be worth looking at.

Neath seem to be a lot of people's tips to do well this season, and they had a decent win last week. Maybe they're a value bet against the mighty Bangor?
  4. traeth

traeth Moderator

hi thunder , Bala Town have a bigger budget this season and I was expecting more from them this season until I saw them play my side Porthmadog in a friendly , we beat them 5-2 when they had a decent side , even their own supporters were downhearted with their defence , last week's result was a real surprise to me. If they can continue in that vein they should win against the disappointing Carmarthen.
  5. Punter

Punter Moderator

I've backed Neath @ 13/8, V.C Bet, purely on the basis that if they win this we wont see 13/8 about another Neath home win for the rest of the season.
    It's a toughy i know, but i'm on with a small one.
  6. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Makes you wonder how you managed to get it caught in your zip then:unsure
  7. Punter

Punter Moderator

8. Punter

Punter Moderator

C'mon the Neath :dance

...The only winnner i had all weekend
  9. traeth

traeth Moderator

Been away for the weekend with no internet