1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Welsh Premier League 26th/27th/28th August

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by traeth, Aug 24, 2011.

1. traeth

traeth Moderator

2. traeth

traeth Moderator

going into the third game I've an opinion on all the matches , but I'm agreeing with the odds makers

Afan Lido v Neath ...away win to the side with a 100% record against the new boys
    Carmarthen v Port Talbot ... away win , Carmarthen have started poorly this season
    The New Saints v Prestatyn ...home win for the team with the best home record
    Newtown v Bala Town ...an away win for Bala Town who have started well
    Bangor v Aberystwyth ...home win for last season's champions
    Airbus v Llanelli ... I think that this will be an away win but I don't like Sunday matches in this league

I'll a further look before deciding on my bets
  3. traeth

traeth Moderator

I've decided on my first bet of the weekend
    Neath / TNS double

Neath are the only side to have won both games in the league this season.
    In their first game they beat Aber 4-2 and then beat champions Bangor 2-0 , both matches were at home .
    Last season Neath won 9 games away compared to 7 at home .
    Neath's opponents Afan Lido were newly promoted to the league this season.
    Afan Lido have lost both their opening games , lost 0-1 at home to Prestatyn and a 4-1 defeat at Llanelli
    This is a local derby travelwise for Neath .
    Neath @ 1.57 with bet365

TNS have had a poor start to their season , a 1-1 draw at home to Bala Town and a 2-1 loss at Port Talbot.
    In that defeat TNS started well and led 1-0 at h.t. Port Talbot equalised and were holding on , TNS failed to convert their chances and in the fourth minute of injury time Port Talbot scored the winner.
    TNS at home were excellent last season with a record of W13 D2 L1 , this home advantage is due to TNS being the only team in the league that play on a plastic pitch.
    TNS' opponent Prestatyn have had a decent start with a 1-0 win at Afan Lido and 2-2 draw at Airbus.
    TNS @ 1.44 with bet365
  4. Punter

Punter Moderator

Good luck this weekend Traeth, i've just followed you on your double, i dont have a 365 account so i've placed the bet at V.C Bet @ 1/2 & 4/11.

I've put Airbus in a draw bet though...as you dont like Sunday games :)
  5. ThunderCelt

ThunderCelt National League Punter

Just Neath for me. I accept there's probably a gulf of class in the TNS match, but TNS' average start puts me off.
  6. traeth

traeth Moderator

a poor start to the weekend

Welsh Premier League
    Afan Lido 1-0 Neath
    Carmarthen 2-0 Port Talbot
    The New Saints 2-1 Prestatyn
  7. ThunderCelt

ThunderCelt National League Punter

Fortunately, I completely forgot to put my Neath bet on. :)
  8. traeth

traeth Moderator

yesterday's results

Welsh Premier League
    Bangor 1-1 Aberystwyth
    Newtown 0-2 Bala Town

today's match
    Airbus v Llanelli

still early season and this weekend there have been more unexpected results , but I'm going for an away win here

Airbus results so far have been two draws
    Prestatyn 2-2 Airbus
    Airbus 1-1 Port Talbot

Llanelli results so far
    Llanelli 4-1 Afan Lido
    Bangor 3-2 Llanelli

I'm not a big fan of h2h in this league but Llanelli have won 7 out of the last 8 league visits to Airbus , that kind of record plus the price of evens has swayed me into having a bet on this one.
    Airbus pitch is one of the best in this league which will suit Llanelli's style. I watched the highlights of the Bangor/Llanelli and there was a weakness in Llanelli defence that day . I'm hoping that they have sorted out that problem as they are good attacking side.

Llanelli @ 2.10 with laddies

p.s I'm also having a Llanelli/Man City double
  9. traeth

traeth Moderator

today's result , not to my liking
    Welsh Premier League
    Airbus UK 1-1 Llanelli