1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Wet the whistle

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Kegman, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Punter

Punter Moderator

Mrs bought me some Bulmers Original, 4.5%, for tonight. way too sweet for me :frown
  2. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

I'm on Savannah Dry tonight. South African cider and it's nice but esoecially as Morrisons had it on offer for £1 a bottle Bulmers is nice if there is feck all else
  3. kompressaur

kompressaur spam removed by komp

Skol Super. £1.50 a can. More cans than is needed to go out and be 'reasonable' with people. Even karaoke was an hour ago.
  4. slick

slick Administrator

You never told me you had single malt ya cnut!!

Been on Guiness this week cause I fancied a change, there was a time it used to lie quite heavy but it's been going down quite well tell the truth, either my stomach is getting stronger or Guiness is not what it used to be.

I didn't even know they still sold Skol tell the truth Komp, not seen it in shops down here for yrs.
  5. beamer

beamer Moderator

I find Guiness great for a long day supping. Did Chester races last Friday and started on the black stuff early on and managed to survive the whole day. Nice to see the bar staff still skimmimg off the punters. One sheep shagger tried to charge me £3 (£2.50) for a bottle of water and £5.50 (£4.00) for a pint of Cider. I have put my application in to be their test shopper on expenses.

Pick them up for peanuts if you shop around now. Also got a bottle of Bushmills from Gibraltar for £9.

Managing to get the Belgium brewed San Miguel, 24 x 500 ml for £15.00 for the home supplies.

Tried the trendy Miguel Premiere and Stella Black last week and got to say the former went down really well.
  6. slick

slick Administrator

How the other half live, my shopping around involves bargain booze and Asda's.
  7. Punter

Punter Moderator

4 cans of Guinness and a tenners worth of Durban Poison.

It's some decent shit to be fair.
  8. slick

slick Administrator

I think I've seen that in Aldi's Punt, is it next to the peach schnapps?
  9. Punter

Punter Moderator

Lidl's.
  10. winrew

winrew GILF

Croft , Purple Velvet Port , £7.00 a bottle in Tesco , bloody lovely.
    Usually £ 14.00 ..
  11. slick

slick Administrator

Not a Port lover Win's, I can have a wee glass of it when the need arises at Chrimbo but any more than that and I find it sickly.
    I can't see what all the fuss is about tell the truth as it all tastes like QC to me.
  12. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Has anybody tried Innis & Gunn ? It's a fantastic beer but they've brought out some more version. I like the IPA one but tonight I've sampled the Treacle Porter - wow !!!

www.innisandgunn.com/
  13. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

I've just sampled the Canadian Cheerywood finish one and it is another amazing ale. It's a limited edition so not sure how many are available but its definitely worth trying.

It's an ale to be savoured and enjoyed - not one that you'd take a dozen bottles to a bbq as it weighs in at an 8.3%
  14. slick

slick Administrator

8.3% ffs no wonder you're talking German Keggers.

I love Real ale but it does my gut's in, you have me slavering though just thinking about what you're supping.

usual for me tonight, Red Wine and Cider I'm afraid, funnily enough Cider used to do my gut's in but 'touch wood' lately I've been ok with it.
  15. Punter

Punter Moderator

I'd love to be a real ale lover, my best drinking buddies are real ale lovers, but 5 pints of Guinness, 3 Bacardi and cokes, and 3 Bob Marleys will always be my favourite combination.
  16. slick

slick Administrator

I'm hoping Bob Marleys are 'Bailey's' otherwise I'm going to look a right silly cnut, saying that I ain't heard that phrase b4.
    And I only figured that out because It would be the only drink I'd be able to stomach after 5 pints of Guiness and 3 B&C's.
  17. Punter

Punter Moderator

Bob Marley smokes I meant Slick. Probably too strong a combination in the end as I passed out not long after posting that, clinging on to the kitchen floor at one point.

I've gone a lot easier tonight, just 4 bottles of Kopparberg Cider, the mixed fruit ones. It's not bad cider but I wouldn't want it too often. I'd been at a 50th birthday party in an old school with one of those shitty bars in the corner. There was only 3 choices of drink (excluding shots) and as I cant stomach lager or bitter it had to be the cider. Good night apart from that.
  18. slick

slick Administrator

Bit of a mish mash tonight, I'm trying to clear some space in the cupboard because she's moaning so I've been supping the bottles with less that a quarter left in the bottom, after my usual red wine and Cider
    I've made space by supping the last of some famous Grouse, Rakki, Oozo and Malibu:puke, there's some cheap Russian Vodka still there winking at me but I keep telling it to fcuk off because I'm not in a Vodka mood.

Back on the Cider then red wine me thinks.
  19. Punter

Punter Moderator

Bad head this morning i imagine, some mixture.

I went out. Hadn't seen much of the brother in law of late so i met up with him in his new local. Not a pub i'd normally drink in as it's too small.
    As soon as i walked in and see the Karaoke being set up in the corner, that put a dampener on me straight away, not really my idea of a night out. I cant sing for starters. What made it worse was it was the worst pint of Guinness i'd ever tasted. I left it and switched to Thatchers Gold. That got me pissed and it turned out to be a good night. By the time i left we're all singing 'Wonderwall' with some lad on the Karaoke who thought he was Liam Gallagher.

Taking the shortcut through the alley on the way home was a big mistake, it saves ten minutes but it's pitch black. Cobwebs in your face n all sorts. It leads into the field at the back of my house. As soon as i got to the field i see two sets of headlamps running towards me at speed.. fucking Barking! Two dogs with headlamps on charging at me and i'm pissed up..no shit!

All i could see was their lights and teeth as they approached. Just as i thought i was about to get eaten the owners appear with a torch, "It's ok they're only being friendly". I think i replied with "They dont fucking look it".

Dogs with headlamps on ffs.

As i carried on i realized this couple were just out for swinging and this park is now a meet up place. A neighbour mentioned there'd been some strange people out there of late a week or two ago, i know what he means now lol.
    The council took the goalposts down a couple of months back too, to the joy of dog owners. Wembly has gone and we've got a field full of shit instead. Times change.
  20. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

:lol

Sounds like something from this video I saw earlier today

Punter likes this.