1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Wet the whistle

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Kegman, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Punter

Punter Moderator

Yes, it was something like that!
  2. slick

slick Administrator

I don't see anything unusual about swinging in a park.

I remember those Wembley pics at the back of your house Punt and your new shed lol, it looked quite tranquil at the time.
    Punter likes this.
  3. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Been off the ale for a while but I'm gradually getting back up to pace. Was in York for the Ebor a few weeks past and the ale was amazing. Tried so many different (and new) ales I thought I'd died and went to heaven. Samuel Smiths ales were fantastic. We are still in the dark ages up here for ale wise (esp in the area I stay).
  4. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

I'm digging out the bowls this weekend for the annual pub league competition and at the local bowling club it's held at sell 'house' lager. Don't know where they get it from and the first couple of pints are a tad harsh going down but once they've settled it grows on you. (For £2 a pot it not bad)
  5. slick

slick Administrator

I used to like Sam Smiths too Keggers but it doesn't half do my guts in, £2 a pop ain't bad at all, best you'd get around here for that is a wetherspoons who like to do guest ales for around that price.
  6. winrew

winrew GILF

Sitting outside a cottage in kielder supping Talisker whiskey , doesn't get much better , me the wife and the dog :)
    Punter likes this.
  7. slick

slick Administrator

Is the sun shining too?, I'm sure Wins lives in the twilight zone.

I've just opened a can of best before Aug 06 Boddingtons bitter.
    It's been in the back of my works fridge (unnoticed) until a few weeks back when I was moving office, spotted it and shoved it in my bag to take home,

Keggers talking about Sam smiths reminded me it was there so I've just opened it to see what effect being out of date for 8 years will have on it if any.

It's one of those widget jobbies and my first thoughts were it's not going to 'hiss' when I pull the ring pull, but it did and poured like a beauty, lovely head to boot just like a fresh can.

Tastes alright too, slightly 'tinny' but that's to be expected I suppose but other than that it's a lovely taste, does beer get better with age? or is it a question of 'don't come crying to me in the morning' like the wife just said.
  8. Punter

Punter Moderator

4 cans of Guinness and a couple of single sheeters tonight. A midweek blow out. That's rare for me as i never drink between Sunday night and Thursday, Cheltenham Festival and Christmas aside.
  9. Punter

Punter Moderator

That's going to give you the shits tomorrow Slick. Big time.
  10. slick

slick Administrator

The frost has gone from the glass and it now looks cloudy, maybe this ain't a good idea after all, saying that my now deceased (god bless him) father in law once said 'there's no bad beer, just some taste better than others'
    I'd like to believe him but not when I've still got a week and half hols off work to go.
    Fcuk it, I've supped three quarters of it for testing purposes, the rest can go down the sink.
  11. slick

slick Administrator

lol, that's what the wife just said.

It didn't taste that bad Punt, in fact it didn't taste bad at all, I've tasted worst beer in pubs, I wouldn't say it was off (bad smell and all that) but it may well be chemically hence the reason it's now gone down the sink
  12. Punter

Punter Moderator

Lol, i couldn't chance it. I had some bad lager that was 12 months out of date once. Lesson learnt the following day.
  13. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

You put worse shit into your system if you've eaten a big mac slick so you'll be ok.
  14. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

I'm going to start making my own homebrew. Got a kit for my birthday so watch this space.

Anybody else tried making it ?
  15. Punter

Punter Moderator

Good luck with it Kegs.

A mate of mine did it, he made some 5.8% ale earlier in the year, he drank a bucket load one day and went on a drunken rampage, smashing up his home. He woke up and had no recollection of what had happened the next day!

Careful!
    slick likes this.
  16. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Brilliant - think the stuff I've got is 5.8% :beer
    Punter likes this.
  17. slick

slick Administrator

Funny you should say that because I was thinking of doing the same thing myself, didn't Kinky post up a few weeks back saying he's into it?
    I'm pretty sure he left a link that this thread has just reminded me I needed to check out.

I used to make my own wine many moons again but it was a lot of faffing about with demi johns and stuff, plus it was other people that seemed to drink the fcuker. I hardly got a sniff in.
  18. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Strongbow Cloudy Cider. Had a mouthful of this at the weekend (as i was on call) and it tasted very nice. Got 10 cans chilling away so I'll blow the froth of a few this weekend. Worth a shout if you get the chance :beer
  19. slick

slick Administrator

Ehhm sounds good.
    Can't say I've seen it around these parts Keggers, I'll keep my eyes open for it.

I've still not had a look into brewing my own ale either yet, might get something set up for Christmas.
  20. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Has anybody tried sour beers ?

Oh ya cunt !!!

Fucking amazing. Tried one pished about 6 months ago and thought it was like dtinking sea water and never tried one since untill about 2 weeks ago when i had bought one by mistook.

Wow !!! What a difference drinking it sober.

Tried another couple tonight from Lidl. 6 Belgian beers for £7. 3 normal and 3 sour.