1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Wireless printers

Discussion in 'Tech and Info' started by slick, Sep 21, 2012.

1. slick

slick Administrator

Has anybody ever set one of these bastards up? I'm pretty tech savvie but I've been at it now for nearly 2 hrs, I get the test page printing wirelessly but when I try to print anything else my computer won't see the cnut.
  2. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

I've got one & had to re-set it up the other day. Spent hours trying it, ringing Virgin, no joy, just wouldnt accept the password. Lifted the scanner & found the lead I'd hard wired it up with :embarassed couldnt do it last time either. Forgot that......
  3. slick

slick Administrator

It's a bastard nuisance, I go through all the steps and everything rings true then on the final reboot of the printer all the settings fcuk off and I'm back to square one.
    bollox to it I'm out soon so better get ready, I'll have another bash tomorrow.

If I knew what I know now I would have bought one with just ethernet and used a wireless homeplug adapter.
  4. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

I bought one of the Kodak ones and it was a piece of piss to set up. They do boast about being cheapest for toners but they run out quicker.
  5. slick

slick Administrator

I don't think I saw any Kodak colour wireless lasers when I was looking keggers, I ended up buying a Dell as that seemed cheapest for the Toners.
    It's not a bad printer now I've set the bastard up, it had the worst set of instrucyions that I've ever seen in my life, In the end after spending hrs trying to set it up with the suppiled software and gettting no where, I did it in about 15 mins by just playing about with the wee control panel on the printer itself.
    for ease of use the wireless facility is the dogs bollox.
  6. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Wish i hadn't said anything !!!

Trying to add it to the other daughters laptop and it cant find the printer.

Ive since removed and reinstalled it on other one to make sure but can't get it on this one
  7. slick

slick Administrator

lol, are you using the 'add a network, wireless or bluetooth printer' option?
  8. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Tried both ways. Lost disk so downloaded drivers from web and once its installed it tries to find it.

Argh.....
  9. slick

slick Administrator

I'm presuming it's wireless?
  10. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Aye. Wireless
  11. slick

slick Administrator

You're fcuked then:lol
  12. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Technology for technologies sake. Like windscreen wipers that come on when the rain hits them and headlights that move when you turn the steering wheel.
  13. slick

slick Administrator

A wireless printer is a different beast ODM, I can now sit here in my big recliner on my laptop and print off whatever I want without having to disturb myself getting of my lazy arse and fcuking about with wires.
    The wife and daughter who also have laptops totally agree with me too.
  14. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Does the dog fetch it off the printer for you as well Slick?

Unless it does, you've still got to get off your lazy arse at some stage.
  15. slick

slick Administrator

That can wait in the tray until I go for a piss or top up, the main saving grace is not having to keep turning on the 'big light' to plug it into my lappy and do a fine balancing act while I print something out.
    It really is worth the while.
  16. Seabiscuits

Seabiscuits New Member

Try resetting your modem/router? As dumb as it sounds, sometimes that does the trick with printers.