1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

World cup CATCHPHRASES

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by slick, Jul 2, 2014.

1. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Not got a clue for your latest one, by the way. Know it's Charles Bronson, but no idea who the player is.
  2. slick

slick Administrator

It's more of what Bronson 'is' than his name .
    I'm still thinking about the first one lol.
  3. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Psycho? Nutter? Maniac?
  4. slick

slick Administrator

To give you a clue I was going to post up a picture of an erect penis instead of him but the wifes sat next to me and has given me enough funny looks tonight with me continually looking at google images, a page full of cock might have put me in the doghouse.
  5. slick

slick Administrator

nice one nice one.
    The penny just dropped, Neymar.
  6. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Neymar is right. Just the dragon one left of mine then.

Just searched the French squad for any player called Coq, searched the Dutch squad for any player called De Kok or something along those lines, but nothing. Was about to search Google for something along the lines of "footballer, coq", but decided I don't want Google jumping to any conclusions. So still none the wiser.
  7. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

I'll give you a clue, he's only played 5 minutes in the whole tournament, was brought on especially when a game was already won for a particular reason.
  8. slick

slick Administrator

Last one for tonight..

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]
  9. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Don't ask me who it is or who they play for, but I'd assume it's a Fernandes or Fernandez
  10. slick

slick Administrator

I'll sleep on that one RC.
    I can't really give a clue for the Bronson one because I don't think he's played yet, ehhm to narrow it down he wears a yellow jersey.
  11. slick

slick Administrator

Quotes not working for me..

Correct.
  12. slick

slick Administrator

Forgot to add..Fernández-Argentina.
  13. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

:roll

I'm sorry I missed this. Just woke up too early to go to work and looked at the last one and thought "this looks like a piece of piss" - Fern and Des = Fernadez - but I've just looked at the first page and I wouldn't have got the first two I've seen the answers to - Luiz (sometimes you find yourself looking into them too deeply) and Shack Eerie (excellent clue that Slick:clap)

Number 4 - Roberto Baggio is a little bit too old to be playing in this one (Baggy O) so that's got to be Liverpool's Sakho

I'm off to look thru the rest - probably be late for work
  14. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

The second one of RC's is Mondragon but I know fuck all about tennis so I've no idea who the D one is (likewise the guy in the Neigh clue):thinking
  15. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I've just read on and seen that it's Di Maria. I thought her name was Anna something - no wonder I couldn't get it:lol

I suspect the Bronson one is something "con" but no idea about the fire. Burn something? I want to say Maicon just because he's a former City player but that means the clue wouldn't make sense.
  16. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Image A.JPG Image B.jpg
  17. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Image A.JPG Image B.jpg
  18. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Whoops - Im not sure which of those versions is the worst:roll
  19. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

It's just struck me that Slick's bronson one is Burn Hard (Bernard):roll. I remember the commentator saying something like "All we need is one more substitution and we'll have Fred, Joe (Jo) and Bernard playing for Brazil
  20. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

ImageE.png