1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

X FACTOR Betting

Discussion in 'Special & Novelty Betting' started by winrew, Aug 20, 2011.

1. stereoman

stereoman Member

2. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

To to follow on from Rob's post - he was spot on!

I really detest Marcus. Horrid, slimy, smarmy, and sooooo average.
  3. Beanie

Beanie Active Member

Marcus top 3 bet landed, time to position the outright book for the final.

Survation puts all three neck and neck...
  4. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

Well done Beanie. Must say, I lost interest ages ago. I'm just hoping Amelia comes in and gives me a nice payout
  5. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

6. Rob44

Rob44 Member

:thumb wished i'd found that one
  7. stereoman

stereoman Member

8. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

I haven't been following the show regularly but it seems a bit strange that an artiste can be voted off the show one week,then reappear a few weeks later,voice saved,and walk off with the top spot. Apart from that I have nothing against Amelia Lily-she's as good as Alexandra Burke and maybe there's a bit of snobbishness that she's from Middlesbrough and not Maidenhead.

Little Mix are poor and remind me of an even worse version of the Spice Girls,who couldn't sing either.Marcus seems a nice guy who will mature in time to either a Sammy Davis Junior or one of those celebrities hosting a third-rate game show like Family Fortunes,or interviewing soap stars on the settee like Paul O'Grady. Such a shame there's nobody of the calibre of Leona Lewis,or my all-time favourite Ben Mills..
  9. stereoman

stereoman Member

10. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

I think it's complete bollocks. Most X-factor fans are oblivious or too stupid to witness the Machiavellian goings on until it comes to finals week, when they all turn into super sleuths.

HMV do this every year. All finalist's records are available for pre-order. After the result is announced, the availability of the runners up is removed. I guess that process also gives HMV staff an insight into who's the most popular :naughty

Fiiiiiiix!
  11. Beanie

Beanie Active Member

The acts are duetting with their own mentors?! Consider that the cherry on the top of an all round shambolic season...

My overall book is looking healthy but I'm making a final play on Marcus.

I dont believe the show wants him to win, but this is a year that screams 'default winner' to me. I think the producers will need to very deliberately undermine him (more so than they have done thus far...) to get one of the others over the line.

All the hints from the show suggest Little Mix are struggling for votes, despite being heavily pimped and dominating fan polls/twitter/judges reactions for a few weeks. Tulisa's constant begging and repeated assertions that they are not safe tells me that they are still suffering from the curse of the girl band whereby they need to work much harder than individual artists for their votes.

Amelia has already been bottom two, and seems the least appealing to the floating voter. There is the nagging doubt amongst most voters that while she maybe deserved a second chance, she does not deserve to be the winner above two acts who have sung every week.

Marcus I think still represents the act most likely to benefit from floating votes, simply by being male, generally likeable, and by putting on the most entertaining performances.

I also think Gary may have 'gone rogue'...his comments in recent weeks (where he criticised Amelia for being shouty in the sing off with Craig, a definite departure from what his script will have been) and his criticism of Little Mix over the last two weeks just when the show will have been attempting to build their momentum again hints that as he is unlikely to return, he no longer has any need to follow their instructions.

Of course the have much more power than he does, but its unlikely they will perform a full blown crucifixion on Marcus in the final - it's the flagship broadcast and it still needs to be positive and entertaining.

So I suspect Amelia and LM will get a few favours, but in the absence of a coordinated effort to dampen Marcus' support it won't be enough to stop the show edging towards it's 'default' conclusion.

I've had a play at 3.60, hopefully a final wee bonus from this series.
  12. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

There was also a report today from Cowell, suggesting the winner might also be awarded their own TV show. I'm wondering whether Simon is gearing up for yet another winning male failure, as Marcus is the only one of the finalists suitable for TV.

His image for pop music has taken a battering with his Little Richard impersonations.
  13. stereoman

stereoman Member

Winning Act:

Little Mix 11/8 (Coral/Ladbrokes/Sky Bet)
    Marcus Collins 9/4 (Blue SQ/Stan James)
    Amelia Lily 5/2 (general)

Fourteenth Elimination Odds/To Finish Third:

Amelia Lily 11/8 (general)
    Marcus Collins 9/5 (Bet365)
    Little Mix 3/1 (Bet365/Betfred/Blue SQ/Sportingbet)

To Finish Second:

Marcus Collins 7/4 (Bet365/Coral)
    LIttle Mix 2/1 (Paddy Power/WIlliam Hill)
    Amelia Lily 2/1 (Bet365)

Straight Forecast: (Odds from William Hill)

Little Mix/Marcus 5/2
    Little Mix/Amelia Lily 11/4
    Marcus/Little Mix 4/1
    Amelia Lily/Little Mix 9/2
    Marcus/Amelia Lily 13/2
    Amelia Lily/Marcus 7/1

============

The duets:

Amelia Lily/Kelly Rowland - Tina Turner's 'River Deep Mountain High'
    Marcus Collins/Gary Barlow - Billy Joel's 'More Than A Woman'
    Little Mix/Tulisa Contostavlos - Alicia Keys' 'If I Ain't Got You/Empire State of Mind'

I'm not sure what else the three acts will be singing though.

Random thoughts:

Little Mix finally get the 'pimp slot' end shot in the Marks & Spencer ad but obviously so have Amelia Lily and Marcus.

Little Mix polled 51% in Digital Spy's 'Who Do You Want To Win' poll:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103...ctor-win-forecast-by-digital-spy-readers.html

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/the-x-factor/

Any of the three acts left without too much bias can win and Amelia Lily could throw a spanner in the works. To me, she looks most like a popstar of the three and if Syco make a mistake with her first time around they have 'plenty of time' to make her a star considering how young she is. Amelia Lily wanting to be a West End star is an eyebrow-raiser and a worrier if I was Simon Cowell though.

I maintain my stance that Little Mix need to win to be successful but Marcus Collins, on the other hand, will need a lot of luck because even with Syco's blessing, historically they simply don't have a clue with male soloists.

Of course, as stated by others in the forum, winning TXF is not correlative of actual success or that Syco will be that bothered in helping the winner maintain any form of success.

I don't think I'm going to win my straight forecast bet of Little Mix 1st, Marcus Collins 2nd though.

History will be made in TXF this weekend with a group, a white female or a black male finally prevailing though.
  14. Beanie

Beanie Active Member

Yougov is the only poll worth looking at for XF really...out this morning and gives Marcus 38, LM 34, AL 28.

Looking at the data the key thing to me is that People who chose LM are less likely to vote, people who chose Marcus the most likely. Expected the reverse.

I've a feeling Cowell might rather LM don't win, as he will want them to have the greater freedom non winners have.

Still Marcus winning for me, barring a major Saturday night nobble.
  15. Beanie

Beanie Active Member

Should say those yougov figs are for those who have decided...31-28-21 for all, so even worse news for Amelia.
  16. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

Marcus singing Outkast's Hey Ya! Didn't we predict that :thinking
  17. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

This is a bit over the top from X Factor isn't it? How long spent on each act visiting their school, their family and meeting the unwashed? Utter guff!
  18. Beanie

Beanie Active Member

Show has been a bit of a shambles so far imo. Everyone getting a bit carried away with the 'Wembley' thing.

Neither Marcus or LM doing particularly well, chance for AL to gain some ground, and she needs it....particularly as she will already be way behind in the voting given that lines have been open for 25 mins.
  19. Beanie

Beanie Active Member

Open goal missed - Amelia 3rd.

Edit: She's lost her voice too. Cant see much prospect of her making Sunday.
  20. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

According to my ears, Amelia out performed Kelly.