1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

X FACTOR Betting

Discussion in 'Special & Novelty Betting' started by winrew, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Beanie

Beanie Active Member

Yep, think she did. She got a little gubbed by the running order though, first appearing on stage at about 8:45, a full 20 minutes after lines opened, and then again at 25 past 9, just 10 minutes before they closed.
  2. Beanie

Beanie Active Member

Thought it was a pretty poor show tonight - average song choices and poor production. The guest acts were below par too (well Leona anyway, not sure what par is for JLS/OD.)

Market has given a big advantage to LM. Im not so convinced - I didnt see any particularly game changing moments, but the running order advantage will probably have them a little ahead of Marcus.
  3. Beanie

Beanie Active Member

And watching back, the long distance shots of Marcus throughout his performance and lingering head on shots of LM are no accident...
  4. Yorkieacer

Yorkieacer BEST GAMBLER IN WORLD

Ill also say this Leona Lewis you fucking ruined the song Hurt tonight absolutely fucking awful performance stick to singing womens songs didnt suit her and she sounded fucking shite worst performance ever by her absolute crap i could do better ona sunday night at Karoke singing that.

Little Mix will win this now no doubt about it being saying it for weeks on twitter now they have been the main act pushed consistently wont be around in a couple of years though none of them will
  5. stereoman

stereoman Member

The Bettingzone Market News:

1000: The latest odds suggest Little Mix are set to be crowned X Factor winners tonight as they head into the final showdown against Marcus.

Amelia was given the boot last night after polling the fewest votes although the bookies believe Marcus trails the girl group in support and he's expected to finish second.

Little Mix are 4/11 with William Hill while the last remaining boy available at 21/10.

"At the moment the pendulum has swung in Little Mix's favour but I am sure Gary has got something up his sleeve for the grand final. It is so close that we will be betting throughout the live final and expect it to go down to the wire," said Hill’s spokesman Rupert Adams.

Despite a successful series, Hills expect to see changes in the panel for 2012, with Simon Cowell all but certain to return at 1/12, with Kelly likely to miss out and she is 1/2 to lose her job.

=============

Marcus can still win this though. Leon beat Rhydian in that freaky year of lack of talent. Anything can happen. Am I putting a saver bet on just in case Marcus does win!? NO!! :wasnme
  6. Rob44

Rob44 Member

missed last night's show as out with friends but now that AL has gone i'm in a no lose position - i'll make more on little mix though with my 13.0 EW still standing. :dance

good luck to everyone. :beer
  7. Beanie

Beanie Active Member

Aye GL Rob. I'm not about to mess up 2 and a half months work by taking too solid a position on either of the final two.

I do expect Marcus to drift more during the show though, so will have a small play (hopefully at 4+) when we get towards the announcement.
  8. Beanie

Beanie Active Member

Judges absolutely begging for LM votes after song one. That means they are either behind, or not ahead by much. On the basis of those comments you'd be mad to be a backer at the current 1.27!
  9. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

How long can this go on for? Two hours last night and for some reason, two hours tonight filled with mind-numbing self-congratulatory shite. How much more can they make just two acts do? How many more of the same questions can Dermot ask? How many more times can Louis suggest something big for Little Mix? And someone tell me what the fuck is Olly Murs is doing in the Wembley car park asking pointless questions to relative nobodies?

I've turned it off. :shit
    Steve_uk likes this.
  10. stereoman

stereoman Member

Little Mix win. I should have known something was up when they were backed in from 20/1 a few weeks back as though they couldn't lose.

A few complaints on Twitter that Dan Wootton posted that Little Mix had won before it was announced.
  11. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

I know. I just watched the tail end of it with the so-called highlights,with Little Mix's rendition of Silent Night reminiscent of that all time low group Bros's version,and I'm sure George Michael from his Viennese sickbed could have done a better Last Christmas. I couldn't make out a word of Little Mix's new Christmas single,and their chance to plug it at the end dissipated when they gave up singing it..
  12. Rob44

Rob44 Member

okey dokey, not most profitable xfactor but it'll do... littlemix clearly better than the yella paint guy, but not my idea of great artists!
    just happy i came out ok in a year when i couldn't read producer intentions ahead of the actual show.

some interesting things came out on xtra factor. none of the mentors predicted the winner which suggests they are really not aware of producer intentions. marcus didn't one win a week which means it really does pay to identify the yellow paint artist and get an ew on them. janet devlin was winning up to week five so it pays to watch for that producer dampening and get out quick if you are heavily involved.

i'm sure there will be other lessons but at leats it remains profitable :D if a little soul destroying :duh
  13. Beanie

Beanie Active Member

Just waiting for the percentages now.

Good series for me, little action on the elims which is unusual (mainly down to very little indication from the producers about who they were ready to jettison pre-show, as you suggest Rob) but 2 months of good trading on the winner market. Initial outright bets were a bit of a disaster (although they did include eventual finalists Marcus and Amelia) but the Marcus bets midway through got it back on track.

Based on the stats of 1st and 2nd each week it suggests that LM probably won quite comfortably in the final, but will wait for the numbers.
  14. Beanie

Beanie Active Member

Oh and yes, very soul destroying :banghead. Probably the most soulless and manipulative show around.
  15. Beanie

Beanie Active Member

Quite tight in the end - 53%-47%, so the ramping for LM votes on the Sunday was genuine. They were ahead, but the lead wasnt unassailable if Marcus had nailed the final couple of performances.

Having said that, he performed Higher and Higher which was his worst performance (votes wise) of the series - definately looks like he was pushed into that choice by people who knew that it was a performance that didnt really engage the public.

Overall, without the LM pimping in the final it looks like Marcus would have edged it. For whatever reason, his fanbase was mobilised in the final, more than they had been previously, whereas the LM vote was a bit flaky. The prods needed the constant ad breaks after their performances, hurrying them on straight after Marcus, and the very poor Marcus song choices to get them over the line.

Having said all that, LM are a far better winner for the show, and it probably gives Marcus a better chance at success too.

Oh and as per usual, the judges knew the percentages every single week. Deadlock was never used because it would never give the result that they wanted (other than Craig...)
  16. Steve_uk

Has this young Cleo Laine won the X Factor after only the second week..
  17. Steve_uk

Ella Henderson is out,her song choice last Saturday not the best,joining all the other solo female artists whom it seems the teenage girls are not voting for this season. Ella wasn't perfect,but then neither was Maria Callas,which is part of the reason many flocked to her performances.