1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Your favourite footie shirt of all time.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by slick, May 5, 2012.

1. slick

slick Administrator

I was reading before that Citys new shirt sponsor for the 2013/14 season will be Nike, strange I thought as I'm sure not so long ago City signed a 10 year deal with Umbro and Nike are the same company, but hey!! who am I to question anywhichwayyoucan around FFPR.

Apart from that I'm quite fond of Umbro shirts and find Nike shirts a bit tacky, especially the new ones that seem to resemble something out of the Tour De France.

Then i got to thinking of any decent Nike footie shirts and straight away thought of my favourite shirt ever which is the Brazillian WC 1998 shirt...what a cracker that was.

[​IMG]

If Nike could come up with something like that in blue then I'll be delighted, or at least leave the new design to their Umbro designers.

What is your favourite footie shirt?
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

My favourite wasn't one of my own teams but the Wales one of the early 80's I think. The one with the crest in the middle of the chest and the yellow and green stripes down each side. They did two, one with thinner stripes but I'm talking about the thicker stripes. I assume the thinner one wasn't made by Admiral which this one was. Some will remember that Coventry had a similar in sky blue - it was fucking shite.
  3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

[​IMG]
  4. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I'm a fairly proud Englishman but I confess that I liked it so much I actually bought one and wore it to play 5 a side in.

As you can imagine, I took some fucking stick for it:lol but, being the stubborn bastard I am, when it became a little overworn I later replaced it with a France shirt:lol. Obviously, that was when France were winning nothing - I wouldn't want to be classed as a glory hunter of some kind:). I hardly need to add that Wales were winning nothing at the time either.:lookaround
  5. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Thinking about it, didn't Coventry have a fucking BROWN ONE!:duh

That would be my vote for the worst kit ever.
  6. winrew

winrew GILF

I remember the Wales one ,late 70s early 80s at a guess , quite a few had that style , i think it was made by Admiral , one of the big players back then..
    Always liked the AC Milan one as well as the Ajax one.
    Wolves ones were quite popular as our school team played in the sane colour , horrible nylon material that felt real cheap.

I did have a German national shirt for Euro 96 , just to be different , wore it in the boozer for the semi-final :lol
  7. traeth

traeth Moderator

I like the "at the time " bit , they've never won anything

those lines on the shirt seem to exaggerate my beer belly
  8. slick

slick Administrator

I remember that Welsh one too, didn't Norwich also have a similar shirt?