• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

2014 Grand National

rcgills

Who does everyone fancy for tomorrow then? Triolo d'Alène the main one for me, small bets too on Balthazar King and Battle Group.

Colback Station (or something like tgst). McCoy liked its chances last year so I'll give it a go even although he's jumped ship. Got Hunt Ball in the sweep at work

my selections , Burton Port and outsider Golan Way , I usually choose another one tomorrow morning.

good luck boys

I need to have a look at the runners because I've not had time yet, It's been a few yrs since I've even had a place come to think of it.
In the early yrs of TDP I won it two yrs on the bounce with both horses at odds of over 20's but fcuk all else since; one of them was Amberely house but I can't remember the other.

Monty's pass, It was (thank you google) and I only picked that because we used to have a dog called Monty lol, I tend to do that a lot in the National; I scout through the names first and if any horse stands out for any reason I'll have that one plus another one I'll pick by looking at the form.

Monty's pass, It was (thank you google) and I only picked that because we used to have a dog called Monty lol, I tend to do that a lot in the National; I scout through the names first and if any horse stands out for any reason I'll have that one plus another one I'll pick by looking at the form.

The Mrs did that last year. I spent ages going through the card, picked out 3 I thought stood a decent chance, none of them even got a place. She spent 30 seconds, and chose one as there was a product that kept getting mentioned in documents she'd been working on at work and had been pissing her off all week, and its name jumped out at her as she scanned through the card. It was called Aurora. She's not let me live it down all year.

I had a feeling you'd be the one to start this thread RC :lol Great result for you last year!

I'm not bothering this year, throwing my money at The Masters a few days later instead. But good luck to you all and mines a Guinness if you hit the bookies with a good winner.

I had three small antepost punts with the idea of laying them for my stake back on the day for a free bet - not one of them has shortened in price. So as I already have an investment in the race (I've since added Double Seven ew) I won't be putting any more money on which is why I haven't really had a good look at the field.

If I was starting afresh with no money invested yet, I'd be very, very interested in Big Shu at 20/1 (5 places ew). Was favourite for the recent cross country race at the Cheltenham festival (came third)- will handle the ground and the distance and a reappearance after 3 and a bit weeks won't be a problem. If it makes it round, I would see it finishing in the first five as a minimum. Even though the fences are safer than they've ever been anything can be brought down by another horse or be taken out of the race in some other way not of their making, Taking all that into account, 20/1 is a belting price and it would be my pick for the value of the race (16/1 with vcbet if you want the additional 6th place)

Good Luck

The Rainbow Hunter

Each Way @ 25-1 [Bet Victor] BOG.....1/4 the first 6 places

Improved since wind op

from my two selections Burton Port unseated at the second and Golan Way fell at the 8th.
Didn't get much of a run for my money .

Battle Group refused to run, and Triolo D'Alene pulled up near the end, but Balthazar King and Alvarado both placed, so got something back at least.

well done RC I put 20bets on for friends and family and not one of them got anything in the first 5

well done RC I put 20bets on for friends and family and not one of them got anything in the first 5

Back