• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Cheltenham 2014 Friday 14th March

ONEDUNME

Administrator
Values (£)

The JCB Triumph Hurdle

2m abt 1f

The Vincent O’Brien County Handicap Hurdle Race

2m abt 1f

The Albert Bartlett Novices’ Hurdle Race

abt 3m

The Betfred Cheltenham Gold Cup Steeple Chase

3m abt 2½ f

The CGA Foxhunter Steeple Chase Challenge Cup

3m abt 2½ f

The Martin Pipe Conditional Jockeys’ Handicap Hurdle Race

(0-145)

2m abt 4½ f

The Johnny Henderson Grand Annual Steeple Chase Challenge Cup

2m abt ½ f

Winning day yesterday and a long day ahead tomorrow so I'm getting in early with my donkeys. As with the rest of the week, there's a strong theme of green and gold flowing through them (which hasn't done me any harm so far)

130 - All my antepost bets are out (and judging by yesterday, that could be a good thing).
Broughton 7/1
Tiger Roll 9/1
Plinth 14/1

205 - Antepost bet on Cheltinian ew 12/1
Minella foru 10/1 win
Alaivan 16/1 win

240 Briar Hill 5/2
Captain Cutter 9/1

320 - Too many antepost bets left in this one I'm afraid
S Conti 3/1 (This would be my nap and biggest bet of the day)
Last installment 7/1
T Delaine ew 12/1

On the Fringe 7/2
Made in Time 14/1 win
Berties dream 16/1 win

440 Full Shift 7/1 ew 5 places
Rum and Butter 20/1 ew
Open Day 25/1 ew

515 Eastlake 20/1
Mr Mole 10/1
Competitive edge 20/1 ew (5 places)

I'm out on it tomorrow, 8.30 start, gonna cost me a fortune unless i find a winner.
After some extensive research (which means fuck all btw), i've come up with these.

I'm going £12 a race, £24 in the Gold Cup

Broughton £4 e.w @ 15/2 Paddy P - 3 places 1/4 odds
Plinth £2 e.w @ 16/1 Paddy P - 3 places 1/4 odds

I think Broughton has the form to put in a good run here. 2nd first time out, only narrowly beaten with the rest of
the field over 16 lengths behind and then winning readily nto by 5 lengths, ahead of Clarcam, who
was travelling really well and looking like a possible winner in yesterdays Fred Winter before falling 2 out.

I'm doing Plinth, too. Again not to much form to go on but Aiden O'brien sending one over
and booking McCoy, looks interesting.

Diakali £3 e.w @ 28/1 BetVictor - 5 places 1/4 odds
Cheltenian £3 e.w @ 8/1 Betfred - 5 places 1/4 odds

Diakali has some decent form in Ireland and was only beaten just over 2 lengths behind Jezki lto.
I can only think the the big price of 28/1 is due to the weight that it's carrying and the fact that Walsh
has opted to ride Mullins other mule.

Cheltenian was an impressive bumper winner here 3 yrs ago, Hobbs seems to have his horses in good form
and i know that Johnson tipped it pre festival.

Kings Palace £8 win @ 7/2 Betfred - 3 places 1/4 odds
Prince Siegfried £1 e.w @ 100/1 Coral - 3 places 1/4 odds
Very Wood £1 e.w 50/1 Bet Victor - 3 places 1/4 odds

Hard to oppose the favourite but being a dick i'm going to.
Kings Palace seems to be the obvious alternative so that's been included.
The other two as very remote place prospects.

On His Own £6 e.w @ 20/1 Bet Victor - 3 places 1/4 odds
Lord Windermere £6 e.w @ 28/1 Bet Victor - 3 places 1/4 odds

As wide open as ever before i think, memories of Nortons Coin.

Good luck tomorrow punters, no doubt i will be slaughtered and having lucky dips on the last 3 races.

Gold Cup

Right, sod it i'm going for gold.

I honestly believe the Gold Cup is as wide open as it's ever been and have a feeling that the leading two in the market, Bobsworth and Conti can get turned over today. Even Paddy P's are offering new customers 7/1 about Bobsworth and Nicholls doesn't seem to be in great form at the festival. Has he had a winner yet? :unsure

Looking for an outsider i'm chancing LORD WINDERMERE, who has no sort of form this season whatsoever. But he did win last years RSA (probably would of finished 2nd if it hadn't of been for Boston Bob falling at the last).

This seasons form figures of finishing 8,7,6 doesn't worry me too much as another of his trainers horses, Spring Heeled won the last race yesterday with similar figures.

Lord Windermere has finished behind most of the other GC runners this season but has excuses. When he won the RSA last year it must of been on ground that suited, good to soft. He's been running on much different ground latest, y/soft and then soft/heavy which suited his rivals. Previous to those two runs he did run on good going at Newbury, where he was one of the top weights and went off 7/1 3rd fav, finishing 7th. He wouldn't of won this but would of been much closer if he'd not been hampered at the 14th.

He'll be much more suited by tomorrows good ground, he's got a great joc on board and for me, is the nigger in the woodpile.

A further £20 @ 34.1 and £20 to place @ 7.8

I've also placed a lay bet in running @ 4.5 for stakes back.

Watch the fucking thing fall at the first.

my selections for my lucky 15

1.30 Broughton
2.05 Cheltenian
4.00 Harbour Coast
5.15 Tanks for that

good luck all and have a good day

Hardest day of the Festival today, imo...

ALAIVAN - 12/1
ARCTIC FIRE - 8/1
LYVIUS - 25/1

CAID DU BERLAIS - 10/1
LEO LUNA - 16/1
LOCAL HERO - 16/1

HIS EXCELLENCY - 20/1

2.40 Kings Palace £10 @ 3.75
3.20 Last Installmant £5 e/w @ 8.50
4.00 Gale Force Oscar £5 e/w
4.40 Caid Du Berlais £10 @ 9/1

Gold Cup

Right, sod it i'm going for gold.

I honestly believe the Gold Cup is as wide open as it's ever been and have a feeling that the leading two in the market, Bobsworth and Conti can get turned over today. Even Paddy P's are offering new customers 7/1 about Bobsworth and Nicholls doesn't seem to be in great form at the festival. Has he had a winner yet? :unsure

Looking for an outsider i'm chancing LORD WINDERMERE, who has no sort of form this season whatsoever. But he did win last years RSA (probably would of finished 2nd if it hadn't of been for Boston Bob falling at the last).

This seasons form figures of finishing 8,7,6 doesn't worry me too much as another of his trainers horses, Spring Heeled won the last race yesterday with similar figures.

Lord Windermere has finished behind most of the other GC runners this season but has excuses. When he won the RSA last year it must of been on ground that suited, good to soft. He's been running on much different ground latest, y/soft and then soft/heavy which suited his rivals. Previous to those two runs he did run on good going at Newbury, where he was one of the top weights and went off 7/1 3rd fav, finishing 7th. He wouldn't of won this but would of been much closer if he'd not been hampered at the 14th.

He'll be much more suited by tomorrows good ground, he's got a great joc on board and for me, is the nigger in the woodpile.

A further £20 @ 34.1 and £20 to place @ 7.8

I've also placed a lay bet in running @ 4.5 for stakes back.

Watch the fucking thing fall at the first.

Superb mate, over the moon for ya :hatsoff

(I did say I was halfies if it won, didn't I?)

I trust you've greened up by laying @ 1.33 in the stewards? :unsure

HIS EXCELLENCY
might be worth a go here @ 23.0, was going well in this when falling last year and is 9lbs lower today. Has a tendency to get outpaced before staying on strongly, I'll be trying to get small amounts matched in-running all the way up to 800.0 - will also try for big odds in the place market.

I trust you've greened up by laying @ 1.33 in the stewards? :unsure
I was in the pub shittin it Seen, couldn't cover fuck all. What a day! a 33/1 winner and a 50/1 winner! hAD THEM BOTH IN A LUCKY 15NTOO

Cheers fellas, i'm just waking up with some sort of hangover now.

Back