• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Cheltenham 2014 Thursday 13th March 2014

Kegman

Rubbish day today from me but onwards and upwards

1.30 Taquin Du Seuil
2.05 Topwood
2.40 Dynaste
3.20 More of That
4.00 Tap Night
4.40 .......

Cannae mind what ive done in 4.40. 4.00 and 3.20 are down to odm/punter

A poor day for me too Kegs.

Derek O'Connor normally rides a winner at Cheltenham. He's come over for what looks like only one ride at the festival, it looks to be in with a shout too. Indian Castle in the 4.40

What are you sighing about Mr Swooperman! Show some enthusiasm man!

:)

Traeth's selections for today - ew lucky 15 (posted in yesterday's thread)

Josie's Orders
Menorah
Tatenan
Tranquil Sea

have a good day all

1.30 - FELIX YONGER

Get 5/1 for a 7/2 shot.

This horse is trading at 7/2 generally but Bet365 are going 9/2 bog....this means you can get 5/1 simply by taking the 9/2 and laying off half stake at Betfair at 4.9 (or you could even make it 6/1 by laying off 75%). Not only that but Bet365 will give you a free bet on the next Ch4 race (2.05) to the same stake if it wins.

The horse has a great chance of winning too, imo.

Bugger, they've cut it back to 7/2 already :mad:

thanks for that ODM , it was misty this morning and I had my dog walking route on my mind , by the time I got out it had cleared to a beautiful morning

I'm fixing the lock on the front door this afternoon, so I will be listening to the racing on the radio

My picks for today...

FELIX YONGER - 7/2
OFF THE GROUND (ew 123) - 22/1

IF IN DOUBT - 7/1
SO FINE (ew 12345) - 33/1

AL FEROF - 6/1
HUNT BALL (ew 123) - 25/1

SALUBRIOUS (ew 123) - 28/1
CELESTIAL HERO (ew 123) - 33/1

COLOUR SQUADRON - 8/1
TATENEN (ew 12345) - 33/1

CAUSE OF CAUSES - 7/1
SPRING HEELED - 14/1

Well done Kegman. For some reason I thought I'd put mine up already. I've bagged the first winner - good old after-timing me:lol. Hopefully someone who's been watching the Festival Focus interviews on one of the racing channels every morning will be able to back me up in the fact that Jonjo tipped it as his best horse at the festival - and he's got a few good horses.

I was also on Sizing Gold at 12/1 with a free bet and I backed and laid the second in running to make a profit so a good start.

205 I'm on both the McManus horses at 8/1 and 12/1 ew

Ryanair 240 - The last of my antepost selections Cantlow was pulled out leaving me with no bet in the race so I've gone for the fav Dynaste at 7/2 and Boston Bob to place.

320 As previously mentioned I'm on Annie Power at 10/3 and 5/2 but not for as much as I'd like as I had (and still have) doubts about her staying. In hindsight, I'd love to be sitting on a bet about 4 times as big as I am at the earlier prices with a few to laying at odds on in running as I have a feeling she may come over the last looking good and empty out.

With AtFishersCross and More of that in the same race it's one of those that I have more horses in than any sensible person would have and I need one of them to win or I'm fucked :lol. Interestingly, I'm on AFC at 6/1 - currently 10/1. Well played me:frown

400 If I was looking at the card for the first time I'd go for Third Intention (just moved from 12s to 10s) but I'm on Colour Squadron and Tap Night. Tap Night I really fancy to run well but the price is drifting so we'll see.

440 Cause of causes is my only antepost remaining and I've added Buddy Bolero ew 5 places

I will have some small bets on Uncle Jimmy, top wood and Master Dillon in the Pertemps.

I'm torn between relief that I'm slightly up on the week so far without deserving to be, and the nagging feeling that I've overlaid my few winners instead of having more faith in them (plus missed some lays altogether).

In other words, I'm bumbling through like an imbecile. Even went out to the pub without my list of bets and notes yesterday.

I'm a clown.

Seafood going comfortably (as most are) in mid-div so just backed it for a place

Backed these at £10 each

3.20 more of that 9/1
4.00 johns spirit 11/1
4.40 cause of causes @ 7.50

Well done peoples!

Kegs, i hope you've got those linked up, Tap Night to retire you if you have?

Fucking amateur jockies. cause of causes traded at 1/2 before the last fence - fucking useless trout

5.15 Charity race

The fav BALLY LONGFORD looks worth taking on - weak in the betting and nothing in hand on bare ratings so shouldn't be so short. Going for these 3...

GIFTED LEADER (Vicky Laing) 20.0
CHURCH FIELD (Tom O'Neill) 9.4
TWELVE STRINGS (Rishi Persad) 15.0

There's been something of a plunge for Engai. 16 to as short as 5s with coral.

Back