• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Cheltenham 2014 Wednesday 12th March

ONEDUNME

Administrator
Values (£)

The Neptune Investment Management Novices’ Hurdle Race

2m abt 5f

The RSA Steeple Chase

3m abt ½ f

The Coral Cup Hurdle (A Handicap Hurdle Race)

2m abt 5f

The BetVictor Queen Mother Champion Steeple Chase

Abt 2m

The Glenfarclas Cross Country Steeple Chase

3m 7f

The Fred Winter Juvenile Handicap Hurdle Race

2m abt ½f

The Weatherbys Champion Bumper (A Standard Open NH Flat Race)

2m abt ½f

I've not sorted out all my bets for Wednesday yet but early shouts are

130 Neptune Novice Hurdle
Red Sherlock 10pts 11/2 5 pts 5/1
Rathvinden 5pts win 10/1
Captain Cutter - I'm on for 3pts at 25/1 (3pts place to win 25) and 5pts win at 10/1

31 pts staked

200 RSA Chase
May add more to this because, along with shutthefrontdoor this is one of my big fancies of the festival
Carlingford Lough 10pts win 9/1 and 10pts on at 10/1. I've also backed it for the Grand National at 50/1 just as a flyer

Don Cossack 5pt win 14/1
Many Clouds 5pt ew 16/1

35 pts staked

240 Coral Cup
Blood Cotis 5pt win 20/1
Far West 5pt ew 20/1
Get me out of here 3pt ew 33/1

21pts staked

320 Queen Mother
I've been on Sire De Grugy for a while (on for 60pts at 2/1 -price is now higher than that but I did lay Sprinter Sacre so that's gone part way towards funding this bet)
Kid Cassidy 10 pt 10/1
Sizing Europe 5pt ew 14/1
75pt staked (-20pt made from laying SS, max of 55pt loss)

400 Cross Country
5pt Big shu at 6/1
Quantitivieieuieieieieieieasing 10pt 11/1 and 5pt 10/1
Sizing Australia 5pt win 14/1

25pts staked

440 Fred Winter
Dawalan 10pt 7/1 5pt 6/1

515 Champion bumper
No selection yet

I see Bishopsfurze is going tomorrow. I backed this heavily a few years ago and it didn't travel in the end. Lost my money without a run. I'll be on this and Kid Cassidy for starters.

Tough racing today

1.30 Red Sherlock / Royal Boy
2.05 Just a Par
2.40 Dell' Arca
3.20 Sizing Europe
4.00 Uncle Junior
4.40 Goodwood Mirage
5.15 Modus

Good luck everybody :beer

130 Neptune Novice Hurdle
Red Sherlock 10pts 11/2 5 pts 5/1
Rathvinden 5pts win 10/1

Carlingford Lough 10pts win 9/1 and 10pts on at 10/1
Many Clouds 5pt win 16/1
Don Cossack 5pt win 14/1

240 Coral Cup

Far West 5pt ew 20/1
Get me out of here 3pt ew 33/1 (looking good - currently 18/1)

Blood Cotis a non runner so replace with Waheeb 5pt ew 18/1

320 Queen Mother
I've been on Sire De Grugy for a while (on for 60pts at 2/1 -price is now higher than that but I did lay Sprinter Sacre so that's gone part way towards funding this bet)
Kid Cassidy 10 pt 10/1
Sizing Europe 5pt ew 14/1
75pt staked (-20pt made from laying SS, max of 55pt loss)

400 Cross Country
5pt Big shu at 6/1
Quantitivieieuieieieieieieasing 10pt 11/1 and 5pt 10/1
Sizing Australia 5pt win 14/1

440 Fred Winter
Dawalan 10pt 7/1 5pt 6/1
Goodwood Mirage 5pt win 10/1
5pt ew Clarcam 14/1 (5 places bet365)

Still no idea about the last race

Sire de gruggy is going to get turned over.. Sorry, that's my 30 yr apprentice ship thoughts

Bishopsfurze is carryuingn no weight, Casey only rode it once - won.

Cover it.

I've gone off sire de grugy as well, more I read about it. Hedging towards kid cassidy

I seem to remember John Francombe being very strong on the chance of Bishopsfurze winning the Grand National a year or two ago at a big price but it was either not entered or entered and withdrawn. The reason it's carrying no weight is probably because it's fallen, unseated and been unplaced in its last five races.

Most of its racing has been done on much much softer surfaces than today but I've just watched a grade1 novice chase from April 2012 ran good ground and there is no real problem with its running or jumping on today's ground. It was easily beaten but it was at 2 and a half miles and it's distance is obviously much further than that. It made mistakes but that could well have been down to being outpaced in the race. Despite that (and despite the fact that it was hampered at a fence near the end by a faller) it was staying on late which is confirmation (to me anyway) that the horse needed further but what do I know - the trainer has entered it in another 2 and a half mile race at Kempton on Friday. Personally I'd only want to back it at that distance if the ground was heavy. Anyway, the main point is that It handles today's ground.

16/1 available and I happen to have a free fiver bet hanging around doing nothing so I'll join you on that one Punter - thanks:thumb

Good morning boys

hope today will be half as good as yesterday , ODM tells me I need to thank punter for Jezki , thanks a lot mate

here are my selections , I think I've used up a lot of my luck yesterday , but I can be hopeful that there is some left

Hinterland
Quantitiveeasing
Katgary
Joshua Lane

good luck all

Good luck

2.40-Bayan

Each Way @ 12-1 [William Hill] BOG 1/4 Place 12345

Trainer does well here

Good luck fellas :thumb

I've a small e.w Canadian on these

Corrin Wood, Cotton Mill, Kid Cassidy, Bishopsfurze and Our Kaempfler.

I'll probably be doing 2 or 3 a race on Betdaq, too. Small stakes again. After yesterday i'm determined not to give it them back, this will be my first profitable Cheltenham since 1989!

Well done with Sire de Grugy, ODM :clap i never doubted it :leaving

Very unlucky with Get Me Out Of Here, too. I thought it was nailed on after jumping the last.
Nice one with the place in the same race Topdog.

A poor day for me, i'll try again tomorrow.

Hinterland - brought down
Quantitiveeasing - ?
Katgary - 2nd
Joshua Lane - 3rd

so a small profit on my e.w. lucky 15

I'll have another go tomorow

hope you boys are having a good time

Well done with Sire de Grugy, ODM :clap i never doubted it :leaving

Very unlucky with Get Me Out Of Here, too. I thought it was nailed on after jumping the last.
Nice one with the place in the same race Topdog.

A poor day for me, i'll try again tomorrow.

Cheers mate. To be honest that race was a right kick in the gut. If you watch it again you'll see that GMOOH actually heads the winner and then his head is coming back as the other's is going forward at the line. I know you're always going to have your share of winners in that fashion as you are of losers but at 33/1 in a big race, it hurts like hell. To add to the pain, I forgot to put a lay bet in which would have bagged me some consolation.

Luckily SDG went some way to easing the pain and, being my biggest bet, it meant that I'm probably about even (taking into account the lay bet I did remember to put in:frown) or possibly slightly up after two days and, in all honesty, I really don't deserve to be when you take into account that I've backed two or three in every race and only had two winners so, yeah, I've got to be happy going into day three.

I think this time last year I was already so far down that I knew that it was going to be a losing week.

Forgot to say that some of my SDG bet was settled at the SP of 11/4 rather than the 2/1 I took antepost and some of it wasn't (even though the bookie does BOG on a day to day basis). One for me to be aware of next year I think when I'm placing antepost bets.

here are my wishful selections for my e.w. lucky 15

Josie's Orders
Menorah
Tatenan
Tranquil Sea

have a good day all

Back