• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Cheltenham Day 4 - Friday 17th March - St Patrick's Day

Day could get off to a flyer as I stuck a £3 accie on a few weeks back (mix of footie and horses) and all legs are in so far. It's all riding on Lossiemouth in the first. Needing it for £240 which would be fecking awesome.

1.30 Lossiemouth
2.10 Hunters Yarn/First Street
2.50 Three Card Brag
3.30 unsure yet - but hopefully it's a cracker
4.10 Vaucelet/Le Malin
4.50 ADV
5.30 Iroko/Irish Hill

I thought I had placed an antepost bet on Vaucelet after reading about it having a good chance but can't find it. I also did have an antepost bet on Irish Hill but it was for another race so already lost that one so need to back it in the last tomorrow

Cheltenham Day 4 - Friday 17th March

1.30 (1) Blood Destiny (2) Lossiemouth (3) Gala Marceau
2.10 (1) Gin Coco (2) Filey Bay (3) Hunters Yarn
2.50 (1) Corbetts Cross (2) Favori De Champdou (3) Three Card Brag / Embassy Gardens
3.30 (1) Galopin Des Champs (2) A Plus Tard (3) Bravemansgame
4.10 (1) Vaucelet (2) Billaway (3) Famous Clermont
4.50 (1) Allegorie De Vassey (2) Impervious (3) Jeremys Flame
5.30 (1) Irish Hill (2) Iroko (3) West To The Bridge

2.10 Gin Coco 10/1
2.50 Rock My Way 33/1 EW
3.30 Ahoy Senior 33/1 EW
4.10 Go Go Geronimo 33/1 EW - Shantou Flyer 33/1 EW

2.10 - GLAN - Bit patchy overall and pulled up when last seen. Has been given time to recover from that and her Galway Hurdle 4th certainly reads well. Stiff finish should suit and did win a Bumper on Soft, so certainly not out of things on form at 50's.

2.50 - WE'VEALLBEENCAUGHT - 3m point winner on soft and also holds some fair course form. Disappointed last time out when sent over to Leopardstown, but was only 7/2 that day and definitely of EW interest for this at a much different 25's.

3.30 - STATTLER - Did win here last year and could still be improving. Would not mind any further rain either at 14's.

4.10 - MYTH BUSTER - Made all to win a weak point last time out, but it is at least a confidence booster at 80's.

I'm 4 bets down, that's all i've had so far. No damage done.

I have today off, so does the mrs. She's laid down the challenge. We're going level stakes on the first 5 races, loser cooks a full English Saturday morning. She's probably favourite, i need to dig deep here.

I have mine on all ready...

1.30 - BLOOD DESTINY @ 85/40 win. HYPOTENUS e.w @ 45/1

2.10 - I'm already on PEMBROKE win @ 8/1 but have added small e.w bets on WONDERWALL @ 18/1,
PATH DOROUX @ 22/1, GLAN & PRAIRIE DANCER, both at 50's. Paying 6 places.

2.50 - EMBASSY GARDENS win @ 9/1 and e.w bets on DAWN RISING @ 16/1, LETSBECLEARABOUTIT @ 22/1 and ROCK MY WAY @ 28/1

3.30 - I liked BRAVEMANSGAME @ 13/2, at the beginning of the week but A PLUS TARD @ 9/2 as the race got closer.
And an e.w bet on ROYALE PAGAILLE @ 40/1 (4 places), who has the soft going in his favour. More rain a real possibility tomorrow and might see this one halve in odds before the off. Capable of improving on previous 6th and 5th place finishes now with ideal going.

4.10 - No split stakes on this race, it's all on the favourite VAUCELET @ 11/4

Decent day for me yesterday. Could have been better but that's life. It helped that I nicked a winner from Seen as well so thanks to him for that.

I'm sitting with a couple of, what's turned out to be, decent slips for today but that doesn't mean they're going to win of course. One of them is Lossiemouth in the first at 4/1 (now 6/4) and I'm going to add Zenta to that - win 10/1 and 11/10 to be in the top four and Sean Bowen's Hypotenus (or Hyper toon us) as the fucking useless trout on Racing UK has just pronounced it. Bint can't even fucking speak. I have no idea how these people get jobs) to finish in the first three at 10/1

210 Normally I look down a list in a Cheltenham race and I can see that I've backed 80% of the runners at some stage or other but this race is an exception. First Street I've backed before and I will have to back Bowen on Wonderwall (despite the drift) but I ain't going through to form of this lot only to find that one of the three that I've given no chance to goes and romps in by 10 lengths lol. To be fair First Street does look like a progressive horse and has also had a wind op so there is some logic to the selection other than having backed it before so we shall see how it fares at 14/1 6 places. Wonderwall 20/1.

250 I have Corbetts Cross at 4/1 (now 11/4) thanks to the bullishness of Ruby Walsh on Monday's preview programme. You could go broke listening to all the "experts" but what he said about this one made sense, so I got on it. Bought by JP McManus last month after winning at Naas last month. This would be the equivalent of Man City buying the title :lookaround

And just because I know from years and years of experience how many times a McManus horse favourite loses and one of his others comes home in front at a double figure price, I'll go for Dawn Rising at 20/1 5 places.

330 Common sense (and the odds) says that there are three more likely winners than Noble Yeats in this race but I've backed it for the National and I would be gutted if it won today instead so I had to back it. If I was making a selection based on logic, I would be on A Plus Tard but don't let that put anyone off.

410. Again, I'm resorting to looking at jockeys rather than horses and you won't get many amateur jockeys (if any) with a strike rate like JJ Codd. Unless my research is wrong, he's been placed in 7 of his last 9 Cheltenham rides and he's as good all but the best pro's. The Storyteller is 10/1 but I'm going to have to resort to the exchanges to get five places on this one.

And because I have no other views and stealing someone's horse yesterday did me a favour, I'm going to go with Samoan's Myth Buster 20/1 for a top 5 finish and 100/1 without a couple of others in the race.

I think I need a lie down

Good luck all...

Not too confident today, looks really tricky. Kudos to anyone who finds a couple of winner today.

1.30 - GALA MARCEAU - HYPOTENUS (ew)
2.10 - GIN COCO - SAINT SAM (ew) - ANNA BUNINA (ew) - PINKERTON (ew)
2.50 - FAVORI DE CHAMPDOU
3.30 - STATTLER - PROTEKTORAT (ew)
4.10 - BILLAWAY - DORKING COCK (ew) - LE MALIN (ew)
4.50 - JEREMYS FLAME
5.30 - MIGHT - MOLLY OLLYS WISHES (ew) - BUDDY ONE (ew)

Well done with your accy, Keggers! Get in!

PEMBROKE now fav in the next, if that wins it'll make the 33/1 about ROCK MY WAY look big in the following race.

Back