• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Cheltenham Festival Day 3 Thur 12th March

ONEDUNME

Administrator
Race 1 JT Novice Chase

Race 2 Pertemps Final

Race 3 Ryanair Chase

Race 4 World Hurdle

Race 5 Byrne Group Plate

Race 6 Kim Muire Challenge Cup

Feel free to put up your comments and fancies

News today that More of That which was fancied for the World Hurdle has burst a blood vessel after a piece of work and is unlikely to run at the festival. Annie Power would no doubt be clear favourite for the race if it had been announced that she would run but the likelihood is that she will run in the mares hurdle on Tuesday instead. A race that she is even money for (no bookie giving no runner no bet yet) a price that you'd have to be an absolute nut job to take even given that that is her most likely target.

Backing three here

Make A Track @ 20-1 [Skybet]...ew [First 5 places]

Rawnaq @ 25-1 [Skybet]..ew [first 5]

Monetaire @ 8-1 [Betfred]...win

1:30 Ptit Zig
2:05 Edeymi
2:40 Balder Succes
3:20 Jetson

here's my e.w. lucky fifteen

I hope I'm not jinxing any of ODM's selections today!

130 Vautour. Not very original for a 6/4 fav but I'm on at 5/2 and I think it will win. For my ew shot, I've abandoned the JP horse (Colour Squadron) and I've gone for Splash of Ginge at 20/1

205 Regal Encore is my main ew bet with the other two JP horses Unique de cotte and Join the clan smaller ew's at 16/1

240 My brain is scrambled so forgive me if I've got this wrong but I think uxizandre ran a good race here last year and I think it was running a decent race when falling recently (whilst never looking like winning the race). Big price at 18/1 for me. Don Cossack is drifting like a barge but I was always going to back it whatever race it ran in so I'm on for small stakes (win bet). The drift is pretty severe so in the event that it's pulled out of the race I'll split my small stakes into an ew bet on Hidden Cylcone (currently 11/1)

320 SDR with At Fishers Cross ew at 25/1. There are only two horses consistently shortening in this race and AFC is one of them and that can be explained by the AP factor. The other one is Abbysial, currently 14/1. His form of 11F16F would suggest that there's not much point in backing it ew :lol. Price at Coral is 12/1 with money back as a free bet if it falls and that would be the way I'd go if I were backing it.

I haven't even looked at the 400 race. Maybe AyupCharlie ew at 33/1. Will no doubt put some on nearer the off

440 Tap Night is a fucking donkey. I'll say that now. He will come cruising with three or four to jump and look like he's going to piss the race. If you're on it and you have a betfair account - LAY SOME OFF THEN! Knowing all this I still can't leave it alone in case today is the day it follows through with its threat.

I'm not bothering with the last race

2.05 - Fancy 50/1 shot HENRYVILLE (80.0 / 10.0 Betfair) to run well here, seems to need to go this way around (LH - 12812112, RH - 346232274) and his form in big fields reads 222, including a 2nd place over this CD. Poor run last time can be safely ignored as ground too soft and on a RH track.
BIG EASY worth a saver, form over CD reads 122 and likes these big field handicaps, although a bit of a weak finisher so in-running lays will be going in at short odds.

205.JPG

HENRYVILLE an excellent 4th - thought he was going to win approaching the last (went 2.02 in-running) and might well have done but for making a bad mistake at the last. Traded a nice profit anyway as got £2 matched at 500.0 mid-race despite him travelling well throughout. Place part landed too.

A disappointing start today with just the two winners out of the first three races.:lookaround. Oh, and a 16/1 second. Makes you wonder what's so difficult about it:lol

Backing three here

Make A Track @ 20-1 [Skybet]...ew [First 5 places]

Rawnaq @ 25-1 [Skybet]..ew [first 5]....3rd

Monetaire @ 8-1 [Betfred]...win

And Monetaire finished 2nd!

Back