• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Cheltenham races

Im looking for some tips, fancy a bet on a few races over the 4 days, but know very little about racing

Odm and Punt have you any advice, im looking at Un De Sceaux, Cantlow, Djakadam and Melon in their respective races.

I'm absolute pants at the minute Howson and have put nothing into the studying yet.

If you click on the link ODM has posted in the opening post it will take you to the Festival odds and tips etc.

Un De Sceaux is on my shortlist :thumb

Sorry Punt i didnt see that Cheltenham link, will have a look through it.

Cheers

Well I can tell you that Cantlow won't win Howson. The reason? Cost I've backed the beast :lol. I do think that the owner of it will probably win the race though and Cause of Causes and Quantitative Easing.

After much humming and arrring about Djakadam, which has let me down every time I've backed it, I've decided to go with it as my second bet. I'm already on Cue Card which I backed at 8/1 before Thistlecrack dropped out so, yeah, I wouldn't talk you out of either of those two bets.

I'm not a big fan of Melon but it's a more wide open race than many would think and I seem to remember getting off to a decent start to Cheltenham week with a winner in this race that I'd backed at 66/1 or something about 8 years ago. I've backed Movewiththetimes but whatever you back, my tip would be to back it ASAP because Neon Wolf is still near the top of the market and I don't think it will run in this race which could shorten the prices of the others. The one I've heard most often tipped is Moon Racer.

UDS is a solid ew bet at 8/1 but Douvan is the most solid "sure thing" of the week so you're playing for a place or hoping for a fall. The "without Douvan" price is shite but there are going to be all kinds of bookies offers on this race on the day and it might be worth waiting for the day and balance the possible loss of a couple of points for the gamble of a bookie offer.

The one that I've had my eye on for Cheltenham since its run on the opening day of the jump season is Colin's Sister. Unfortunately it's entered in four races but I've backed them in all with money back non runner at 33/1 and 25/1.

My suggestion for the value bet of the first day is Lifeboat mona in the Mare's Hurdle at 410. Strong favorite to beat but 12/1 is a cracking each way price but it's not likely to be there on Monday (although you might get 4 places offered with some bookies)

Well I can tell you that Cantlow won't win Howson. The reason? Cost I've backed the beast :lol. I do think that the owner of it will probably win the race though and Cause of Causes and Quantitative Easing.

After much humming and arrring about Djakadam, which has let me down every time I've backed it, I've decided to go with it as my second bet. I'm already on Cue Card which I backed at 8/1 before Thistlecrack dropped out so, yeah, I wouldn't talk you out of either of those two bets.

I'm not a big fan of Melon but it's a more wide open race than many would think and I seem to remember getting off to a decent start to Cheltenham week with a winner in this race that I'd backed at 66/1 or something about 8 years ago. I've backed Movewiththetimes but whatever you back, my tip would be to back it ASAP because Neon Wolf is still near the top of the market and I don't think it will run in this race which could shorten the prices of the others. The one I've heard most often tipped is Moon Racer.

UDS is a solid ew bet at 8/1 but Douvan is the most solid "sure thing" of the week so you're playing for a place or hoping for a fall. The "without Douvan" price is shite but there are going to be all kinds of bookies offers on this race on the day and it might be worth waiting for the day and balance the possible loss of a couple of points for the gamble of a bookie offer.

The one that I've had my eye on for Cheltenham since its run on the opening day of the jump season is Colin's Sister. Unfortunately it's entered in four races but I've backed them in all with money back non runner at 33/1 and 25/1.

My suggestion for the value bet of the first day is Lifeboat mona in the Mare's Hurdle at 410. Strong favorite to beat but 12/1 is a cracking each way price but it's not likely to be there on Monday (although you might get 4 places offered with some bookies)

Cheers ODM much appreciated.

UDS and Douvan are both about 2/1 for the Ryanair - will Douvan run?

No - it will run in (and win) the Queen Mother Champion Chase mate

Back