• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Dec 20th - The Ladbroke Hurdle - 25/1 E.W. bet

Punter

Gassin Golf (25/1 various, as short as 14/1)

I've had a big (by my small standards) e.w bet on this. That's not to say it will win this time, but it will win a decent race this season.

It's a chancers bet because i dont know what condition he's in after 126 days off.

What i like about this one though is the trainer has no problem sending him to the big meetings He's raced at Cheltenham, Sandown Punchestown and Ascot this year and has also traveled as far a field as Perth for a race. Always ridden by good jockeys too, Richard Johnson, Davy Russell and Jamie Moore. I like the 1st time booking of Daryl Jacob for this race too.

He's been placed in some good races. Although on different going and 3 furlongs further there was a lot to like about his 3rd the last time he was at Ascot. He would surely of won had he not been badly hampered at the last (having already been slightly hampered 3 out). He still finished only just over a length behind Shelford that day who is currently 2nd favourite for this race and has won twice since.

The Sandown, and Punchestown form is good but i'm not sure what to think of the last two runs.

I think he has to be considered at this price for an e.w bet, which could look even better by Saturday with one or two dropping out. It's just a case of whether he's ready after a break.

Trainer had a 25/1 winner over hurdles last week.

I'll give it a go as my ante post Sign of Victory wager has went tits up

I dont know about the King George just yet Kegs. Maybe Cue Card for an e.w bet?

Sorry Kegs, he never showed today, something was amiss and i could see he was all wrong even after the first hurdle.

"The Veterinary Officer reported that GASSIN GOLF, unplaced, trained by Richard Lee, finished distressed."

Back