• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

English Premier League Betting 29th Sep-- 1st Oct

slick

Administrator
English Premier League
29 Sep 12:45 UK Arsenal v Chelsea 2.10 3.30 3.30
29 Sep 15:00 UK Everton v Southampton 1.40 4.50 7.00
29 Sep 15:00 UK Fulham v Man City 4.20 3.50 1.80
29 Sep 15:00 UK Norwich v Liverpool 4.33 3.60 1.75
29 Sep 15:00 UK Reading v Newcastle 3.00 3.30 2.25
29 Sep 15:00 UK Stoke v Swansea 1.91 3.40 3.80
29 Sep 15:00 UK Sunderland v Wigan 1.83 3.50 4.00
29 Sep 17:30 UK Man Utd v Tottenham 1.55 4.00 5.50
30 Sep 16:00 UK Aston Villa v West Brom 2.45 3.25 2.75
01 Oct 20:00 UK QPR v West Ham 2.05 3.25 3.50

Odds William Hill

Well nothings really jumping out at me this week, Arsenal v Chelsea has all the hallmarks of a draw.
Everton probably but not at those odds, City look a decent price but always tend to struggle at Fulham and their current form is a bit hit and miss.

Liverpool must turn the tide soon but it would take a mug to take them at odds on away from home.
This time a fortnight ago i might have chanced my arm on Reading but Newcastle are slowly getting into gear and I have a feeling they will get something from this match.

Stoke look a reasonable bet but who backs them @ odds on? , that added to the fact they don't usually show up unless a 'big team' turns up at the Brittania has allready put me off.

On current form I have to go with Sunderland as Wigan seem to have slipped back into their old early season bad habits but they do have enough about them to give Sunderalnd a scare.

Man U v Spurs usually means goals but I remember sating that a couple of yrs ago and it ended 0-0 lol.
I'll be suprised if thats the result on Saturday as both teams at the moment are leaking goals and I don't think I've ever seen a more dodgey United back four.
Still United usually turn Spuds over at OT and I suspect more of the same here.

Villa v the Baggies is one left for Swoops as I wouldn't trust either side at the moment and I'm sure I recall him saying West Brom usually do well against them, I suspect it's one where the draw is a strong possibility.

QPR V West Ham is too close to call for me, expect a good physical battle and very few goals, could be one for the unders.

Sunderland i'd be interested in, & although they're winless so far I cant help feeling norwich look big at home. Perfect example of Liverpool being priced on name.
Strange game the Villa/Albion one. Has always been a lunchtime KO since Albion have reemerged in the top flight & I'm surprised the police have gone for this tbh. Be a tight game but I keep looking at it & think Villa are the value bet compared to Albions 7/4. wouldnt push anyone to back us though, just saying I'd rather be on us at those prices thats all

Spurs should be 5/2 not 11/2 from what i've seen of both teams lately and i've had some of that. Slicks mentioned the Utd defence and i agree, i think Spurs attacking players can get about them. It's all about whether Spurs defence can keep them out the other end.
I've just a feeling that with Utd struggling to get going in games Spurs can get the first goal and take it from there, AVB can be their first manager to get a result there in donkeys, they are long overdue a result here. I've gone with more than half of my weekly betting allowance on this one, massive odds and the yids best chance for years.

Chelsea's odds are a bit big to get a win at the emirates, i took some 3.8 in a chance to get my Spurs stake back. I know the gooners have been excellent but IF the best Chelsea turn up they can do them.

I fancy the Villa win at home Swoops, good luck.

Tough set of fixtures to call this weekend. I'm tempted with Spurs as well Punter.

Moyes will have kicked ass on Tuesday night but 1.40 for Everton. You've got to be joking. Southampton have shown they can score agsinst the bigger teams and thats what Everton struggled to do on Tuesday. I cant see Southampton winning but they may be backable on the Asian or even Overs.

QPR V West Ham is too close to call for me, expect a good physical battle and very few goals, could be one for the unders.

Well I'll call it then. According to my dodgy stats, QPR are the worst team in the Premiership at the moment (an assessment supported by the fact that they have the worst goal difference out of the top 42 teams in the English football leagues. Granted West Ham are no Barca', and it's a pity Andy Carroll isn't back for this one or I'd be lumping on the 7/4 available Draw No Bet.

I think Arsenal will beat Chelsea but the price is too skinny for me (a reflection of the usual knee-jerk syndrome because Arsenal have started the season well). Likewise the price on Everton = too skinny.

Fulham are looking pretty damned good and City are going to find themselves with a game on their hands. For that reason, I'm going to chuck some dosh on the over 2.5 goals market at 4/5.

In the weekend's relegation battle, a win for either team wouldn't send shockwaves through the footballing world. Liverpool have played well against United and City, showing that they can play a bit at times BUT they have also scorned a stadium-load of chances, none more that our b...b.....buck toothed amigo Senora Suarez (What's up Doc?) and Skrtel and Raina have been dishing out the prezzies well in advance of the usual festive season. I see a comfortable home win (perhaps aided by a bagful of carrots for Luis. If that fails, they might have to try hanging windchimes from the fucking crossbar next week to give the blind cunt a bit of a helping hand.

Reading v Newcastle = Draw

Wheras my stats are bang on with the bookies for the above game, I have Swansea to be favourites against Stoke, so a draw no bet price of 9/4 doesn't take any thinking about. I'm on it.

Fancy Villa to beat West Brom. For some reason, I get the impression that West Brom will struggle away this season. It may sound surprising given that they only lost 7 away from home last season (the same as Arsenal in fact).

Well I'll call it then. According to my dodgy stats, QPR are the worst team in the Premiership at the moment (an assessment supported by the fact that they have the worst goal difference out of the top 42 teams in the English football leagues. Granted West Ham are no Barca', and it's a pity Andy Carroll isn't back for this one or I'd be lumping on the 7/4 available Draw No Bet.

lol you certainly like your dnb's this year.
I know QPR are the worst team in the Prem but with the players they have I keep expecting them to one day 'click' so I'm always wary of them, if it doesn't happen soon they expect Hughes to be shown the back door.

I Wouldn't argue with anything anybody has said because with a bastard set of fixtures like this weekends you could probably put up an argument for every team barring Southampton.

Southampton 12 games or something without a draw. Just saying.

Yes I do like the DNB Slick. This fucking game is so unpredictable with shocks thrown up every week. I like a price that will gives me around (or preferably, over) evens if my choice wins and my money back if it ends in a draw. Then you get your ammo back to fire again.

I usually put the draw no bet price down for the sake of simplicity but you can often get a better price for the same bet on the Asian Handicap or by backing the win and the draw separately.

I tend to edge towards the AH so I can pull in a bit of a profit on the draw but I've never worked it out as to whether I would have been better off on the DNB over the season. I might look into that and start noting odds for both bets.

I know what you mean. First I look at the DNB odd and then I look to see if I can get the same price backing my team and backing the draw - THEN I usually skew the stakes so that I make a few quid if it ends in a draw. Obviously skims a bit off the profit but that's the way I like to do it.

Well thats United back to square one, that defeat has taken away the wee advantage they gained by last weeks win at Anfield.
Great result for Chelsea too, be Interesting now to see if they can keep it going.

Big improvement from City too, Mancini resorted to the formation that did us so well last year and City actually started to look like a team again, lets hope it's a lesson learnt.

City did well Slick against what is a very decent Fulham side at home. You'd expect at least one of the title competitors (assuming it's at least a three-horse race) to drop points in the same fixture. A good day overall for City because I was starting to fear Arsenal more than Chelsea to be honest

Im surprised by QPRs odds-and Im going to be on

QPR -1 4-1 Paddy Power

QPR 1-0 betfair 10s

QPR 2-1 betfair 10s

Im not expecting goals but I will have the tiniest of savers on 3-2 to satisfy Sods Law

I'm hoping that the lack of comment on this game means theres been a decided lack of incident......

I must say,Im really surprised by that scoreline...cant even hedge my way out of that!

Back