• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Grand National 2016

slick

Administrator
Anybody any tips?
Not had a chance yet to look at this years runners but If I get a chance in the morning (late afternoon) I'll post up my thoughts:wasnme

Latest from Bet365.......Betnods best bookie by a country 4 mile and 770 yards....

Grand National Offers

The Grand National takes place on Saturday 9th April and they're paying 1/4 odds for the first FIVE places on the big race.
fantastic offers will ensure that you get great value from all the action at Aintree.

Price Promise
Bet365 will constantly update their prices for all races shown live on Channel 4 to ensure that they offer the best price on every horse running.
This offer applies to all bets placed from 10am on the day of race and only includes races shown live on Channel 4 unless otherwise stated by bet365. Best price or joint best price will be matched from the following list of Bookmakers: Ladbrokes, William Hill, Paddy Power, Coral, Betfred and Boylesports. Best Odds Guaranteed still applies. Excludes live shows, Enhanced Win, Ante-Post and In-Play prices.
So place your Horse Racing bets safe in the knowledge that the bet365 price is the best price.

Channel 4/1 Offer
Bet365 's Channel 4/1 Offer will also apply, so back any single winner at 4/1 or more on a race televised live on Channel 4 and you can have a risk free bet to the same stake on the next live Channel 4 race.
If your risk free bet also wins at odds of 4/1 or more, you qualify for a risk free bet on the next live Channel 4 race. Keep backing those winners and we'll keep giving you risk free bets! If your risk free bet loses, your stake (up to £50 or currency equivalent) will be refunded to your account.

This offer will not apply where a stake has been fully Cashed Out. Where a stake has been partially Cashed Out, any refund amount or subsequent risk free bet amount will be equal to the remaining active stake. Where more than one selection in the same race is placed on the same bet slip, the first selection is deemed to be the one which is highest on the bet slip. Bets must be paid for and placed in the usual way. Ante-Post bets, Enhanced Win bets, Tote/Pari-Mutuel (bets and dividends), and 'Not to Win' bets are not applicable for this offer.

With fantastic offers, Live Streaming and an extensive range of betting opportunities - bet365 is a great place to enjoy this year’s Grand National meeting at Aintree.

Bet365

Bet365 are also offering half your stake back on your each way bets, as long as you place them before midday tomorrow-and paying 5 places

No massively strong opinions on the race, but ended up with a short list of 4. Pretty much betting solely for interest, but granted even luck can see them all being competitive -

THE DRUID'S NEPHEW at 16's
MORNING ASSEMBLY at 25's
LE REVE at 66's
BALLYNAGOUR at 66's

Very rarely get a return from my national bets
I'm going for "omen" bets today , my side Porthmadog have an away fixture at Holywell today

my selections are
Holywell and Ucello Conti

Gallant Oscar for me. JP McManus bought it last year. It was fav for scottish national and got pulled out. Has been laid out for this race.

Druids Nephew was running a massive race last year so will prob do that as well.

Got Soll and Hadrians Approach in works sweep.

I used to love this race. Now, thanks to the PC brigade, it's just another long-distance handicap chase :mad:

Anyway, the ground is now soft after a further 7mm of rain overnight, and with more rain forecast from 2pm onwards, this years renewal will be a war of attrition.

I haven't looked at the race yet but the best value bet will be on the number of finishers. The average on Good or Good-to-Soft ground is usually about 17 (without checking) but on soft it's far less. Not many bookies offer odds on this but I've found a few...

Coral
15/8 - 14 or less
13/8 - 15 to 18
6/4 - over 18

Will Hill
5/1 - 10 or less
15/8 - 11 to 15
13/8 - 16 to 20
4/1 - 21 to 25
14/1 - 26 or more

SkyBet
10/3 - 12 or less
5/4 - 13 to 17
15/8 - 18 to 22
13/2 - 23 or more

Coral's 15/8 for 14 or less looks the best bet.

What kind of omen is this then?

"Holywell Town v Porthmadog - MATCH OFF
Today's match against Porthamdog at Halkyn Road has been called off.
After persistent rain over the past 12 hours, the pitch was deemed waterlogged by the match referee who inspected the pitch at 10.15am this morning.

The match will be rearranged in the next few weeks.

Updated 10:56 - 9 Apr 2016"

My Grand National shortlist is...

THE DRUIDS NEPHEW
MORNING ASSEMBLY
THE LAST SAMURAI

long shots are SOLL and KRUZHLININ

I've managed to lay 2.64 on Betfair for more than 17.5 finishers - so have got 8/13 (1.62) for 17 finishers or less (currently 1.34 to back)....only managed to get £20 matched but that looks like the value bet of the year to me. I'll be amazed if 18 or more get home in this ground, even with the modified fences.

map.JPG

Going is SOFT, GS in places (top course)

I've looked back at the previous years when the going has been soft or heavy...

year - going - finishers

2001 - heavy - 4
1998 - heavy - 6
1994 - heavy - 6
1987 - heavy - 14
1983 - soft - 10
1979 - heavy - 4

Gilgamboa and Saint Are for me. The Mrs has Unioniste, and the kids have Black Thunder and Soll

Good luck Seen but I certainly wouldn't be betting on the number of finishers being as low as 14 myself. It's certainly not going to be heavy and you can't compare the national in soft in 1983 with this course. In fact, it could be logical to suggest that the better the ground, the faster the pace and the more horses are likely to fall. Yes you're going to get some pulled up and you've already got one non-runner on our side but my guess would be 16/ minimum. Of course you've always got the change of carnage at one fence bringing four or five down in one incident.

Like I say, I won't be betting on it so good luck

Of course I could be wrong lol. 3 fallers in first two fences leaves 36

10 jumped 35 left I reckon ...no rocky creek pulled up 34

looks like you could be right seen fingers crossed

Yeah, 16 finished. I did manage to turn a small profit (lost at bookies but won on Betfair, as under 17.5 went as low as 1.18 I think so traded a good position).

Was quite worried for a while though as loads seemed left until the last few fences where the ground eventually took it's toll.

I guess you could say only 12 should have finished as the last 4 home were beaten over 200 lengths :eek: and were exhausted but were allowed to walk home - they certainly wouldn't have gotten over another fence.

The fences do seem a great deal easier, I suppose that's a good thing for the horses but the race is certainly not the same anymore.

Back