• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Horse Racing Bets 15th August 2024

S

SAMOAN

12.30 Turffontein - LINE IN THE SKY at 4's

2.15 Turffontein - TWENTY DRACHMA'S at 3's

2.15 Deauville - MCTENETT at 20's

5.10 Deauvillle - TAYBET at 10's

4.30 Chepstow - Redredrobin 15/2 / Fact Or Fable 8/1
Fact Or Fable caught my eye straight away as i liked it yesterday but was pulled so im thinking that there may well be a good reason for that , and that reason is that they fancy its chances more in this race ! Comes into this in fine form and was narrowly denied by a short head over this afternoons CD when last seen and i think theres a chance that hes here on a retrieval mission. Usually runs a sound race over this CD with three wins and five places from his twelve runs , and does well at the course overall tbh. Has a 2lb rise in the weights to contend with but has won from a higher mark than this so hopefully that shouldnt be an issue , draw doesnt look to bad and i think he'll be on the premises come the business end of things. Redredrobin is the my other selection , not been upto much since returning to action back in May but as a result his mark has been sliding to what is now an appealing one and it caught my eye that his initial run of the year was over 7f but his subsequent three have all been over shorter , i think now hes back to running over 7f a better can hopefully be expected as this does seem to be his best trip these days , last time he ran over 7f (July - September 23) - 1,1,2,3,6 and in 2022 when he ran over 7f only - 2,2,4,1,2,2,1,4 .. aside from the distance it didnt go un noticed that he does well here at Chepstow with two wins and two places from his seven runs (five runs over CD producing two wins and a place). Malcom Saunders sends just this one to the meeting and Joe Leavy takes the ride for the first time , good value for his 5lb claim and im hoping for a solid run.

7.00 Windsor - King Of Scotia 16/1 / Boy Douglas 10/1
Boy Douglas catches my eye as the sole representative of Michael Dods and its a long way to come just for the one horse , and hes been in solid form since coming back from a lay off - 2,1,2,2 .. only beaten a neck last time at Ascot and i think that was a good race and if hes in the same sort of form coming into this then i think he'll be bang there when he needs to be. Connor Beasley does well on the horse with two wins and two places from seven rides , looks decently drawn and hopefully a decent run on the horizon. King Of Scotia is my other fancy , comes into this looking for a three timer and despite a 4lb i certainly wouldnt discount its chances. Placed on sole start here at Windsor and the inform Saffie Osbourne takes the ride , two wins and two places to date on the horse , cant see this one being far away.

5.15 Salisbury - Galaxy Princess 10/1 / Glendower 4/1
Trappy little handicap where a chance could be given to a few of them but a couple in particular catch my eye , first one is Galaxy Princess who was plum last on her handicap debut last time out at Ascot , prior to this she'd run well in last couple of races and had won her penultimate race , maybe the step up to 1m4f didnt agree with her and i think that maybe the drop back to 1m2f could hopefully pay dividends here today. Placed on sole start over CD. First time blinkers are on and shes reunited with the inform Rossa Ryan who rode her to that penultimate win on his only start on the filly to date. He has a 21% strike rate over the last couple of weeks and in all fairness has been riding well all season , trainer Ralph Beckett also been doing well of late with a 27% strike rate in the last three weeks , and he does well when sending his runners here to Salisbury with a 19.1% strike rate in the last five years. When trainer and jockey have pooled their talents over the last three weeks they come away with a healthy 28% strike rate. Glendower is the other one i like the look of for this , yet to see outside of the first three in three races to date - 3,2,2 and makes handicap debut from a workable mark imo. Well beaten last time , a mere 9 lengths but that one could turn out to be a smart one so no great shame in that , and he was a further 3 1/2 lengths ahead of the next horse home. Obviously open to further improvement and i think he can make his presence felt. Trainer has a 25% strike rate here this term and a profit of +£9.00 and Lewis Edmunds has placed on both starts on the horse to date. Cant see him being far away.

2.45 Chepstow - JANE GARFIELD - One of the more exposed of these, but solid enough form and the drop back to 6f should suit at 7's.

7.10 Chelmsford - LIGHTNINGBOLTZOOM - Starts out over a suitable looking distance at 33's

4.30 Chepstow - Redredrobin 15/2 / Fact Or Fable 8/1
Fact Or Fable caught my eye straight away as i liked it yesterday but was pulled so im thinking that there may well be a good reason for that , and that reason is that they fancy its chances more in this race ! Comes into this in fine form and was narrowly denied by a short head over this afternoons CD when last seen and i think theres a chance that hes here on a retrieval mission. Usually runs a sound race over this CD with three wins and five places from his twelve runs , and does well at the course overall tbh. Has a 2lb rise in the weights to contend with but has won from a higher mark than this so hopefully that shouldnt be an issue , draw doesnt look to bad and i think he'll be on the premises come the business end of things. Redredrobin is the my other selection , not been upto much since returning to action back in May but as a result his mark has been sliding to what is now an appealing one and it caught my eye that his initial run of the year was over 7f but his subsequent three have all been over shorter , i think now hes back to running over 7f a better can hopefully be expected as this does seem to be his best trip these days , last time he ran over 7f (July - September 23) - 1,1,2,3,6 and in 2022 when he ran over 7f only - 2,2,4,1,2,2,1,4 .. aside from the distance it didnt go un noticed that he does well here at Chepstow with two wins and two places from his seven runs (five runs over CD producing two wins and a place). Malcom Saunders sends just this one to the meeting and Joe Leavy takes the ride for the first time , good value for his 5lb claim and im hoping for a solid run.

7.00 Windsor - King Of Scotia 16/1 / Boy Douglas 10/1
Boy Douglas catches my eye as the sole representative of Michael Dods and its a long way to come just for the one horse , and hes been in solid form since coming back from a lay off - 2,1,2,2 .. only beaten a neck last time at Ascot and i think that was a good race and if hes in the same sort of form coming into this then i think he'll be bang there when he needs to be. Connor Beasley does well on the horse with two wins and two places from seven rides , looks decently drawn and hopefully a decent run on the horizon. King Of Scotia is my other fancy , comes into this looking for a three timer and despite a 4lb i certainly wouldnt discount its chances. Placed on sole start here at Windsor and the inform Saffie Osbourne takes the ride , two wins and two places to date on the horse , cant see this one being far away.

5.15 Salisbury - Galaxy Princess 10/1 / Glendower 4/1
Trappy little handicap where a chance could be given to a few of them but a couple in particular catch my eye , first one is Galaxy Princess who was plum last on her handicap debut last time out at Ascot , prior to this she'd run well in last couple of races and had won her penultimate race , maybe the step up to 1m4f didnt agree with her and i think that maybe the drop back to 1m2f could hopefully pay dividends here today. Placed on sole start over CD. First time blinkers are on and shes reunited with the inform Rossa Ryan who rode her to that penultimate win on his only start on the filly to date. He has a 21% strike rate over the last couple of weeks and in all fairness has been riding well all season , trainer Ralph Beckett also been doing well of late with a 27% strike rate in the last three weeks , and he does well when sending his runners here to Salisbury with a 19.1% strike rate in the last five years. When trainer and jockey have pooled their talents over the last three weeks they come away with a healthy 28% strike rate. Glendower is the other one i like the look of for this , yet to see outside of the first three in three races to date - 3,2,2 and makes handicap debut from a workable mark imo. Well beaten last time , a mere 9 lengths but that one could turn out to be a smart one so no great shame in that , and he was a further 3 1/2 lengths ahead of the next horse home. Obviously open to further improvement and i think he can make his presence felt. Trainer has a 25% strike rate here this term and a profit of +£9.00 and Lewis Edmunds has placed on both starts on the horse to date. Cant see him being far away.

Redredrobin wins which gives us a small profit on the day

Back