• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Horse Racing Bets 16th August 2024

S

SAMOAN

12.05 Clairefontaine - LINDERHOF - Much improved 2nd start and based on that, bit surprised by the 16's on offer for this.

1.25 Fairview - METAR - Looks better on the turf and has won here before at 8's.

2.40 Newbury - DRESSED IN BLUE - Nicely bred and the stable can get one ready at 20's.

3.40 Fairview - MASKED VIGILANTE - 4th last time and with the form nicely boosted, this one can add to his 4 career wins at 3's.

4.10 Clairefontaine - MANDLYX LOVE - Beaten a fair way last time, but that was still a career best and plenty of scope for more improvement at 33's.

3.00 Wolverhampton - Danzart 9/2 / Eldeyaar 18/1
The more i look at this race the more i cant see beyond two horses (probably got it all wrong but i'll stand by my decision lol) , the first of those is Danzart who has been holding his form reasonably well since his seasonal re appearance back in March - 7,6,2,2,4,7,3,2 and though its been a while since he got his head in front i think given his form thus far hes overdue getting his head in front. Has a win and a place to his name from his two runs over CD and looks decently berthed. Gets in off the same mark as his last time second and has gone well from higher so i cant see any reason why he shouldnt give his running and go close here this afternoon. Caught my eye that the in form Hollie Doyle gets the ride for the first time and she has been doing well when coming here this season with a 15.1% strike rate thus far. Eldeyaar is the other one that i like the chances of , been a bit hit and miss this term but more than capable on his day and ran a corker when denied by a neck last time out over this CD. Has won twice and placed in a further two from ten runs over CD and class , draw both look sound enough. Only won four races to date so not the easiest to catch right but two of those wins have come over CD so im hopeful that he can add another victory to his tally today. Cam Hardie knows the horse well having won and placed on him and i think a decent run could be on the cards.

6.15 Newmarket - Hey Lyla 5/1
Hey Lyla is on my radar for this race , won on her re appearance , and was then a fairly decent seventh of twelve next time before getting back on track with a third last time out , and if in the same sort of form then i can see her going close here. Placed on her sole start over CD , it caught my eye that Will Buick is booked to ride the horse for the first time , has a 40% strike rate in the last couple of weeks and when coming here to Wolverhampton over the last five years he has a strike rate of 30.6% along with a healthy profit of +£26.85. Dont think she'll be far away.

3.35 Wolverhampton - Miss Gitana 11/4 / Virtual Hug 25/1
At the time of writing Small Fry is favourite but i think theres a couple in the race at better prices who could give him something to think about. Miss Gitana is the first of those , hailing from the powerful and bang in form yard of Mark Prescott and lets face it you can never write off a runner from his stable especially one with a progressive looking profile like that of Miss Gitana. Shes on the hunt for a three timer and i think theres every chance that she can gain that here this afternoon , first time here at Wolverhampton but the trainer knows whats what so i expect her to handle underfoot conditions perfectly well , one from one over the distance and i think everything points to a solid run being on the cards. Trainer sends just this one here and he has a 36% strike rate in the last three weeks , and he has a 17% strike rate overall when sending his runners to the course. Jack Gilligan onboard and hes ridden the horse once resulting in a fourth place , and when he and the trainer have teamed up over the last three weeks they come away with a 50% strike rate. I also think that Virtual Hug could go well at a price , usually runs a sound race over CD with a win and four places from hos seven runs , and three wins and four places from fifteen runs at the course overall. Has been holding his form well and i cant see any reason why that should change here , so im hoping he can be on the premises come the business end of things. Interesting that Saffie Osborne is booked to ride , ridden the horse once to date resulting in a win and that was here over 1m4f back in February. Jockey has been in good form lately with a 20% strike rate in the past fortnight and im hoping that she can repeat her last time ride on the horse here.

3.00 Wolverhampton - Danzart 9/2 / Eldeyaar 18/1
The more i look at this race the more i cant see beyond two horses (probably got it all wrong but i'll stand by my decision lol) , the first of those is Danzart who has been holding his form reasonably well since his seasonal re appearance back in March - 7,6,2,2,4,7,3,2 and though its been a while since he got his head in front i think given his form thus far hes overdue getting his head in front. Has a win and a place to his name from his two runs over CD and looks decently berthed. Gets in off the same mark as his last time second and has gone well from higher so i cant see any reason why he shouldnt give his running and go close here this afternoon. Caught my eye that the in form Hollie Doyle gets the ride for the first time and she has been doing well when coming here this season with a 15.1% strike rate thus far. Eldeyaar is the other one that i like the chances of , been a bit hit and miss this term but more than capable on his day and ran a corker when denied by a neck last time out over this CD. Has won twice and placed in a further two from ten runs over CD and class , draw both look sound enough. Only won four races to date so not the easiest to catch right but two of those wins have come over CD so im hopeful that he can add another victory to his tally today. Cam Hardie knows the horse well having won and placed on him and i think a decent run could be on the cards.

6.15 Newmarket - Hey Lyla 5/1
Hey Lyla is on my radar for this race , won on her re appearance , and was then a fairly decent seventh of twelve next time before getting back on track with a third last time out , and if in the same sort of form then i can see her going close here. Placed on her sole start over CD , it caught my eye that Will Buick is booked to ride the horse for the first time , has a 40% strike rate in the last couple of weeks and when coming here to Wolverhampton over the last five years he has a strike rate of 30.6% along with a healthy profit of +£26.85. Dont think she'll be far away.

3.35 Wolverhampton - Miss Gitana 11/4 / Virtual Hug 25/1
At the time of writing Small Fry is favourite but i think theres a couple in the race at better prices who could give him something to think about. Miss Gitana is the first of those , hailing from the powerful and bang in form yard of Mark Prescott and lets face it you can never write off a runner from his stable especially one with a progressive looking profile like that of Miss Gitana. Shes on the hunt for a three timer and i think theres every chance that she can gain that here this afternoon , first time here at Wolverhampton but the trainer knows whats what so i expect her to handle underfoot conditions perfectly well , one from one over the distance and i think everything points to a solid run being on the cards. Trainer sends just this one here and he has a 36% strike rate in the last three weeks , and he has a 17% strike rate overall when sending his runners to the course. Jack Gilligan onboard and hes ridden the horse once resulting in a fourth place , and when he and the trainer have teamed up over the last three weeks they come away with a 50% strike rate. I also think that Virtual Hug could go well at a price , usually runs a sound race over CD with a win and four places from hos seven runs , and three wins and four places from fifteen runs at the course overall. Has been holding his form well and i cant see any reason why that should change here , so im hoping he can be on the premises come the business end of things. Interesting that Saffie Osborne is booked to ride , ridden the horse once to date resulting in a win and that was here over 1m4f back in February. Jockey has been in good form lately with a 20% strike rate in the past fortnight and im hoping that she can repeat her last time ride on the horse here.

No luck today

Back