• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Horse Racing Bets 16th February 2024

S

SAMOAN

10.30 Fairview - TRUE DESIGN - Stable 3rd string according to the betting, but nicely enough bred at 25's.

11.35 Fairview - BELLE'S FIRST WAVE - 38 race maiden, but capable on a going day and solid effort last time. Not the strongest race ever and EW appeal at 14's.

12.45 Fairview - LAUNCH CODE - Better than last two starts. Chance on best form and has been dropped a bit in the ratings for this at 9's.

1.20 Fairview - PRINCE VAHAAN - Trainer's only runner and holds a fair chance at the weights, so a bit shocked by the 28's on offer.

2.35 Fairview - WARBONNET CREEK - Not so good since last win, but handicapper gives this one a chance at 16's.

4.40 Wolverhampton - El Hombre - Alafdhal
A few look as though they could take a hand in this one but for me theres two whose chances i rate more than others .. EL HOMBRE is the first one , was a decent enough third over CD last time out and if coming into this on song should be able to make his presence felt , has won three times and placed in a further seven over this afternoons CD , and the fact that hes won off higher marks makes me think he can go close here at a decent price. Looks decently berthed and has Billy Loughnane on board , whose won twice and placed three times from his eight rides to date. He has an 18.8% strike rate over the last four weeks , and has a 16% strike rate when riding here this term. Trainer has a 14% strike rate over the last couple of weeks , and when he and the jockey have teamed up over the last three weeks they have a 21% strike rate. ALAFDHAL is my other selection , beat the re opposing Warminster by a neck lto and i think he can beat him again here , has won off much higher than todays mark which gives him a sound chance of a follow up imho. Has won twice and placed once from his three runs over CD , draw and class both look okay , and the fact that the in form Rossa Ryan is reunited with the horse after his win on him last time boosts my confidence i have to say.

8.15 Wolverhampton - English Spirit
This race looks wide open to me and im going with bottom weight ENGLISH SPIRIT , comes into this on the back of a rare poor effort over CD but prior to that had come third and won , with both coming over CD. Seems to save his best for here with all four of his career wins coming here at Wolverhampton , trainer Heather Main sends just this one to the meeting and she has the bang in form Billy Loughnane booked for the ride whose two from two when riding the horse. Should be there or thereabouts.

5.30 Dundalk - BUNGLE INTHEDESERT - Makes handicap debut off a fair looking mark at 28's.

4.40 Wolverhampton - El Hombre - Alafdhal
A few look as though they could take a hand in this one but for me theres two whose chances i rate more than others .. EL HOMBRE is the first one , was a decent enough third over CD last time out and if coming into this on song should be able to make his presence felt ,

Nice winner there Sean. Price was a bit of a bonus as well.

Back