• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Horse Racing Bets 18th February 2024

S

SAMOAN

11.05 Scottsville - DAPPER - Nicely bred newcomer at 14's

11.40 Scottsville - TOTHESTARSANDBACK and MISS PLATINA - Similar profiles as both are twice raced and both got beat a fair way last time. Not a strong looking race however and would expect one / both to be involved at 6's and 14's respectively.

12.50 Scottsville - GIVERS GRACE - Beaten a mile last time on first attempt over 1m3f. Drops back to a more suitable trip and can feature at 33's.

2.35 Scottsville - GODFATHER - Visiting stable has only there 3rd ever runner here and this one does bring some strong form lines over from Gauteng. Certainly capable of getting involved at 7's.

6.00 Kempton - Phoenix Star - Holbache
Like the look of a couple in this one , first one of those is PHOENIX STAR who has been in decent formthe last twice , coming third on penultimate run and was a length second to the inform Bonito Cavallo last time out at Newcastle , the third home that day Desert Swirl is the only one from that race thats run since and he won nicely on his next re appearance , beating Rockley Point at Chelmsford by 2 3/4 lengths , so , for me , thats helped towards franking the form a bit. Horse seems to like it here with four wins and a place to his name , and gets in here from just a 1lb higher than that lto run and the fact that hes won off higher in the past bodes well from my viewpoint. Jessica Macey has just this one here and the bang inform Tommie Jakes takes the ride , his 7lb claim cant hurt the horses chances any and he has two wins and a places from his five rides to date. The other one i think could well is HOLBACHE , who is yet to taste defeat over this evenings CD with two wins from two runs. Has been off for 71 days and looking through past runs of him first time up doesnt exactly inspire confidence tbh but the fact that he has a tongue strap on for the first time could work the oracle so fingers crossed. Tony Caroll has been amongst the winners of late and 7lb claimer Molly Gunn is onboard for the first time and she has a 20% strike rate when coming to Kempton. At the price i think hes worth a shot.

7.00 Kempton - Engineer
A number of runners in this one come into it in good form with any of them looking a potential winner but i like the look of ENGINEER who has yet to see outside of the first three in his four races to date (one win , two seconds and a third) , caught my eye that three of those runs came over this evenings CD and that hes placed in all three of them so im thinking surely its just a matter of time until he gets his head in front here at Kempton. Looks decently drawn and the addition of first time cheekpieces could aid his cause i think. Clive Cox has his string in good order (50% strike rate over the past fortnight) and he sends just this one to the meeting , whilst the inform Rossa Ryan takes the ride , has ridden him the last twice resulting in two seconds , and has a 33% strike rate when riding for the trainer over the last three weeks , can definatley make his presence felt and be involved.

Last edited by a moderator:
10.30 Scottsville - MILLION VOICES - Was 33's on the early prices, but opened 20's and quickly went 16's and then 14's. Only hinted at ability on debut and is the stable 3rd string, but the money down does make this one interesting.

10.30 Scottsville - MILLION VOICES - Was 33's on the early prices, but opened 20's and quickly went 16's and then 14's. Only hinted at ability on debut and is the stable 3rd string, but the money down does make this one interesting.

well spotted Samoan , nice placer

2.00 Scottsville - NARINA TROGON - Fair chance at the weights and backable now at a drifting 22's.

4.40 Punchestown - BROOKLYN BRIDGE - Stable not known for bumper winners, but this one has a decent middle distance pedigree and also has one of the better amateurs booked at 50's.

4.50 Musselburgh - ALLWAYSANDEVER - Tracker horse at 22's.

4.55 Kempton - CORRALES - Drifter, but is a nicely bred debutante at 12's.

6.30 Kempton - SEE YOU TONIGHT - Found some support ahead of debut and ran with some degree of promise. Will need decent improvement tonight, but fair enough chance of that at 7's.

7.30 Kempton - Combination FC / TC with these -

ALBAREZ at 8's
METAVERSE at 11's
LEAP ABROAD at 20's

Back