• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Horse Racing Bets 21st February 2024

S

SAMOAN

12.11 Cagnes Sur Mer - YAVAIKA - Arrives in fair form and with the trainer going well, should be thereabouts at 3's.

1.00 Greyville - SCAMPTON - Poor first run out of the maidens, but better than that and quickly back down in trip for today at 6's.

1.35 Greyville - MIDNIGHT CALLER - Tracker horse at 4's.

2.40 Cagnes Sur Mer - ELCOT - Has won here before and handicapper gives this one a chance at 9's.

6.30 Kempton - DEVORE - Cheekpieces back on and quickly dropped back to the mile at 33's.

3.30 Ludlow - Tide Times
Given that he has pulled up in two of his last three races im taking a chance on TIDE TIMES in this one , that last one came here at Ludlow where he has an otherwise solid record with three wins from four outings over CD. And overall he has four wins and a place here from nine runs , thats all four of his career wins coming round here in chases , so im hoping that last time out was just a blip and that he can continue the good run here today. Jumping does let him down at times but in the main here at Ludlow hes been okay. Most of his better form / wins have all come on soft so todays going should be right up his alley and the fact that hes won off higher than todays mark is another thing that leads me to believe he could go well. Ian Williams has a 12.5% strike rate here this term whilst jockey James King is here for just this one ride having his first ride aboard the horse.

5.00 Kempton - Magicinthemaking - Time Patrol
Gonna go with a couple of nicely priced ones here , MAGICINTHEMAKING seems to do well here with three wins and two places over todays CD from fourteen runs , and has been a bit hit and miss lately , more miss tbh , but coming here gives me hope that a decent run could be on the cards. Draw could of been kinder i have to admit but still fairly positive that he can make his presence felt if hes fully wound up. David Probert up and hes won and placed on the horse and knows his way round here with an 11% strike rate overall and its John Longs' sole runner on the card. TIME PATROL is the other one i like , doesnt seem to be the most reliable but has placed a couple of times in his four runs since returning from a lay off. Those two places were both over this afternoons CD , and i cant see any reason why he shouldnt be giving it his best once again here. The fact that Tom Marquand is booked for the first time caught my eye and to me it could be a statement of intent from connections , hes been in solid form lately with a 23% strike rate in the last three weeks , and doing well when coming here this term with a 21.1% strike rate. Others come into the race looking better i have to say but at the prices i think these pair are worth a go.

2.25 Ludlow - Malaita - Terrisita
Two for me in this , firstly MALAITA whose been in decent enough form lately , ten length second latest over this afternoons CD , and hopefully can improve on that here and get her head in front. Yet to win a chase but has placed in two of her four so far , so i think its just a matter of time before she manages to bag one. Placed in both starts over CD and has a win and two places from her five runs here overall. Alex Edwards here for just this one and he has a 29% strike rate over the last coupla weeks , and has a decent record on the horse with three wins and five places from his fourteen rides. Should be there or thereabouts. TERRISITA is the other selection , disappointing sixth lto but was a decent second before that so hopefully can get back on track here today. Harry Cobden re unites with the horse after that last run and hes in decent form with a 29% strike rate over the last three weeks , whilst Lucy Wadham sends just this one to the track and shes got an 18% strike rate over the last couple of weeks. If on song , should be bang there come the line.

3.15 Punchestown - ATLANTICEXPRESS - Nicely bred newcomer at 10's

Back