• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Horse Racing Bets 23rd February 2024

S

SAMOAN

12.10 Fairview - CHRONICLESOFNARNIA - Disappointing last 3 starts, but dropped to a mark of 83 and likes this C&D, so can improve on recent efforts at 12's.

2.40 Chantilly - VAZIR - Last 2 pretty good and this looks a touch easier today at 7's.

3.35 Dundalk - SANAFI SISTER - Nicely bred and the stable can get one ready at 8's.

4.00 Sedgefield - Dillarchie - Breizh Alko
Two appeal to me in this one against the short priced favourite (who might not run as he won yesterday) , DILLARCHIE is the first of those , whose not the most reliable or consistent but has run well the last twice , with a second in her penultimate run and an emphatic 8 1/2 length win last time out , beating the re opposing Rumble B , if she arrives in the same mood then i think theres every chance that she can follow up as although she has gone up 7lb she looked as though she had plenty left under her saddle. Shes one from one over CD due to that lto win and has two wins and a place from her four runs here overall. Trainer has a 20% strike rate here this term and has a 50% strike rate over the last three weeks , whilst jockey Alice Stevens is bang in form with a 27% strike rate over the past three weeks , and has a 100% strike rate here at Sedgefield this term , and im sure her 5lb will come in handy. Top weight BREIZH ALKO at a decent price is my other selection , one from one over CD , was a well beaten third lto but had excuses imo as was coming back from 298 days off , now the cobwebs have been blown away im hoping that he can put up a better showing. Has won off higher in the past and his present mark doesnt look to bad , he might be thirteen but i think he has a few wins left him in yet. Sean Bowen in the plate and hes got a win and two places from his four rides to date.

7.30 Wolverhampton - Bella Bluesky
BELLA BLUESKY arrives in rude health in search for a three timer and theres every possibilty that she gets it. Won on her first run here at Wolverhampton last time over 1m4f , and despite shouldering a 4lb penalty i think she can go very close here. I dont think the extra 2 furlongs will hinder her as shes used to jumps , if anything i think it could well play to her strengths. Trainer Ewan Whillans sends just this one to the meeting and he has a 14% strike rate in the past 21 days , whilst Jason Hart who is two from two aboard her (last two wins) is re united with the horse , in good form at the moment with a 28% strike rate over the last couple of weeks.

5.30 Wolverhampton - Sparkle In His Eye - Major Gatsby
Quite like the look of two decently priced runners in this one , one is SPARKLE IN HIS EYE who hasnt been seen at his best since returning from 132 days off back in January but the fact that hes two from two over this evenings CD piqued my interest and i think that theres a chance that he could go well at a big price. It also caught my eye that hes back down to 7f at which he seems to do well with four wins and two places from his nine runs. Micky Hammond has a few out tomorrow but has just this one out on the flat , has a 10% strike rate over all here and an 11% strike rate in the last three weeks. 5lb claimer Aiden Brookes is on board and he seems to get on with the horse with five wins / two places from his fourteen rides. MAJOR GATSBY is the other one like , was tenth of eleven lto , poor effort but i can forgive him that as it was a comeback outing and im hoping that he'll strip fitter here this evening. Likes it over this CD with four wins from his six runs , which is incidentally all four of his wins on the all weather , and the fact that hes now a lb below his last winning mark and the blinkers are back on makes me think that a decent run could well be on the cards. Bill Turner having a quiet spell at the moment but has a 12% overall here and he can ready one when he wants , and 5lb claimer Brandon Wilkie takes the ride for the first time. At the current prices i think both are worth a pop in the hope they bring the best to the table.

8.30 Wolverhampton - Precision Storm - Ludos Landing
Theres a few who look as though they could go well in this but i think two of the higher priced runners could well trouble the principles if they come into this fully wound up. The first of those is LUDO'S LANDING who comes into this on the back of a decent enough fourth of ten over tonights CD (was third but was placed fourth) last time out after 170 days off and if coming on for that run then i can see him getting involved here. He isnt the most reliable it has to be said but on a good day i think he can definatley make his presence felt. That lto place was his first go at Wolverhampton and the distance so every possibilty he can do better. Charlie Johnston has just this one here and he has a 24% strike rate over the last three weeks , whilst Joe Fanning takes the ride , hes also in decent form with a 29.6% strike rate over the past month , placed on three pf his four starts to date on the horse and when trainer / jockey have combined over the last three weeks they have a 35% strike rate. PRECISION STORM has won three times and placed in a further ten from his twenty three runs over CD , hasnt really been seen at his best in his three races since returning to action back in December , all come over todays CD , but has come down in the weights as a result and imo he should be there or thereabouts on todays mark. Mark Loughnane has an 18% strike rate over the last couple of weeks , and a 14% strike rate when coming here this season along with a small profit of +£8.00. Finley Marsh takes the ride for the first time , and he has a 14% strike rate in the last twenty one days.

Fairview (SA)

12.45 Grazinginthegrass 10/3
1.20 Fairy Knight 6/5 - Ubiska 7/1
2.00 Golden Pacific 11/4

Back