• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Horse Racing Bets 24th February 2024

S

SAMOAN

10.05 Fairview - BOMBERSINTHESKY - Can improve on fair debut run at 16's.

1.00 Fairview - RASCOVA - Decent career strike rate and ran well last time in a grade 1. Decent chance at the weights at 7's.

2.50 Fairview - MIA'S HARPER and TRES CHIC - MH was below par latest, but went close over this C&D in penultimate start and can feature at 5's. TC is atracker horse at 12's.

3.30 Fairview - THE US OF A - Work Riders v Professional Jockeys challenge and the hard-to-gauge Maiden form makes for an even trickier contest. Going with one of the work riders as this one is weighted to finish closer to the short priced FAV on latest. No problem picking this work rider either at 6's.

Kenilworth
10.40 Epikleros 13/2 - Fatal Gem 13/2
12.25 Gold Poker Game 12/1 - Quasiforsure 7/2

1.58 Chepstow - Zambezi Fix - Bubble Dubi
BUBBLE DUBI has only won the one race to date but rarely runs a bad race so i think hes overdue another visit to the winners enclosure. Placed on only start here over CD , was decent thirds the last twice and another showing like those should see him on the premises or thereabouts. Trainer Stuart Edmonds bang in form at the moment with an 80% strike rate over the last two weeks , Fergus Gillard takes the ride for the first time and he has a 10% strike rate overall when coming here. ZAMBEZI FIX is my other fancy for the race , been in good form since coming back from a lay off with figures of - 3,2,4,1,2 and i cant see any reason why he shouldnt be busy at the business end of things once again. Was a neck second here last time out , and before that beat You say Nothing by 5 lengths , both over this afternoons CD and both on heavy ground , so todays conditions wont bother him. hes back down to the mark he was for that last win and he should be making his presence felt. Two wins and two places from nine outings over CD to date , and everything points to a decent run being on the cards. 3lb claimer Robert Williams in the saddle and hes his regular jockey with a record of two wins and three places from eleven rides , and hes here for this one ride whilst Bernard Llewellyn sends two to the course , both in this race.

3.08 Chepstow - Thanksforthehelp - Supremely West
I like the look of a couple in this , firstly THANKSFORTHEHELP who hasnt been seen since being pulled up in May , but it caught my eye that he won this race well last year , beating My Bobby Dazzler by 6 1/2 lengths , after having had a break , so a bit of deja vu could be on the cards im hoping and the fact that hes gone well fresh in the past leads me to think that this could be the best time to catch him. One from one over CD and a win and a place from his two starts at Chepstow overall. David Pipe sends just this one to the meeting , and he has a 14.8% strike rate when coming here this season , whilst jockey Jack Tudor also here for just this one and he has a 15% strike rate in the last couple of weeks , and has a win from his two rides to date on the horse. SUPREMELY WEST is also on my radar and rates my other bet , hasnt run a bad race since joining Dr Richard Newlands yard back in 2023 with figures of - 1,1,2,1,1,2,2 , was second on handicap debut last time here at Chepstow and i think this longer trip will suit him. Has won on heavy and soft so conditions shouldnt pose a problem and i can see him going close today. Trainer has just this one here and Luke Scott here for just this one as well , his 5lb claim wont hurt and hes one from one aboard the horse to date.

2.08 Newcastle - Fenland Tiger
FENLAND TIGER catches my beady eye in this one , has made a terrific start to his chasing career with three wins from his four races. Won his last two , with the last one being here at Newcastle over 2m7 1/2f on heavy going , this will be his first crack at this sort of distance but he has won over 3m2f and it seems to me that the further he goes the better he is , so im hoping that he can give it a good go here this afternoon. Has won two of his three starts here , and there should be no issues with the underfoot conditions. Jockey knows him well having won six times (and placed in a further one) from his 13 rides.

5.05 Southwell - Sir Chauvelin
Even though he hasnt been in the best of form in his last couple of runs i cant let SIR CHAUVELIN go unbacked at the current 25s on offer , one from over todays CD , and a win and a place from two runs here overall. If hes anywhere near his best then i can see him going well and giving the principals something to think about , and the fact that Jim Goldie sends just this one on the long schlepp to Shuvvel makes me think that maybe a decent run could well be on the cards. Paul Mulrennan back on board and that also makes me think that maybe he could go well , last time he partnered the horse was back in September 23 for a couple of back to back races where he won and came fourth. Has ridden the horse 25 times to date resulting in 6 wins and 4 places so knows the horse well. Horse looks decently drawn and has won off higher than todays mark and as i say cant let him go unbacked at the price.

6.20 Chelmsford - Daytona Lady
DAYTONA LADY catches my eye at the current odds , been in decent enough form of late with a couple of wins and a fourth in his last three runs , won on only start over this evenings CD , and overall is two from two here at the course. Has a decent looking draw to me and i think she could close off a lb lower than he last winning mark. Ruth Carr has just this one here and shes a trainer i rate , and when sending her runners here over the last five years she has a 13.6% strike rate along with a profit of +£16.83. James Sullivan in the hot seat and he has two wins from his three rides aboard the horse to date and has a 13.3% strike rate in the same period alongside a small profit of +£6.25.

7.20 Chelmsford - Letmelivemylife - Love De Vega
Two for me in this one , LOVE DE VEGA is the first one , won over CD back in January beating the re opposing Ultramarine and im hopeful that he can do that again tonight. Comes into this on the back of a decent third last time out and if putting his best hoove forward then he should be getting involved where it matters. It caught my eye that Billy Loughnane takes the ride for the first time , in good form at the moment with a 16.2% strike rate in the last month and a profit of +£12.04 , and when teaming up with trainer Charlie Johnstone over the last three weeks they come away with a 50% strike rate. LETMELIVEMYLIFE loves it here with three wins and two places from his six runs over CD , going the right way in last two outings and sure he can make his presence felt at a course he acts round. Back down to a mark hes won off before , and he has the hood on back today , and draw looks decent enough to me , shouldnt be far away.

2.27 Kempton - Arclight - Blow Your Wad
ARCLIGHT and BLOW YOUR WAD interest me in this one , Nicky Hendersons Arclight is an improving type and yet to taste defeat over fences and theres every chance she can retain her unbeaten record here today. Beat Marsh Wren by 2 lengths in a listed race when last seen in December , and if in the same sort of mood i think she may well stick it to her male counterparts here. Won on her only start over todays distance , and shes two from two here at Kempton. Henderson hasnt won this race since 2004 with Paul Nicholls pretty much farming it tbh (his entrant is Tahmuras) but i think that could change today. Nico De Boinville on board and hes won five of his seven rides on her , placing on another. Blow Your Wad caught my attention as the only CD winner in the race , and like my other selection is unbeaten here at Kempton in two runs. Last run can be forgiven i think and a better effort should be seen this afternoon. Will have to up his game from what ive seen to date but thats entirely possible i think. Tom Lacey sends just this one and i always think his runners are worth a second look , has a 17% strike rate over the past three weeks , whilst jockey Stan Sheppard also here for just this ride and he has three wins and four places from twelve rides to date and is having a good season so far when coming here to ride with a 37.5% strike rate and a small profit of +£2.50.

3.00 Kempton - Secret Squirrel
SECRET SQUIRREL comes into this in fine form with a win and two seconds this season , the win came over todays CD on his hurdling debut beating Dancing In Brazil by 5 lengths , and hes yet to see outside of the first two home. I think he can go well at what i would consider a decent price. Initially caught my eye as hes the only CD winner in the race which is something i always look for. JJ Burke on board for the first time and hes a jockey i like and Hughie Morrison can ready one when he wants to so a big run shouldnt surprise.

4.10 Kempton - Pepe Le Moko - Champagne Mystery
CHAMPAGNE MYSTERY was a solid fifth in a decent race at Cheltenham on his return to the UK after a spell of racing in France , and that should hopefully have him spot on for this. Won on his only start here , and has won over todays distance. Comes into this a couple of lb lower and JJ Burke also takes his first ride aboard this one as well. Tom George is as shrewd as they come , and the fact hes sent just this one could be a statement of intent. PEPE LE MOKO is another one i like and he arrives on the back of a 14 length drubbing of Le Ligerien last time out over this afternoons CD. Has gone up 9lb for that win but im not sure if that will be able to stop him , and i think a big run is on the cards here. David Noonan has won two and placed in two from his four rides to date and has struck up a good relationship with the horse , and Jane Williams has a 40% strike rate when bringing her runners here this season.

3.18 Fairyhouse - CHOSEN SHANT - Big drifter throughout the day, but now just too big at 14's.

5.35 Southwell - ORMERING TIDE - Improved 2nd start and whilst needing to improve again, that is not impossible at 33's.

5.50 Chelmsford - STARSONG - Ducked left at the start last time and better judged on run prior to that at 6's.

6.50 Chelmsford - ANALYTICAL ENGINE - Bred to be decent, but whether that is first time out remains to be seen. Overall, don't mind taking a risk at 80's.

Back