• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Horse Racing Bets Saturday 28th January

S

SAMOAN

Cape Derby day over in South Africa, with 3 meetings in total and Kenilworth hosting a mammoth 13 race card. Too much going on really, so just dipping in and out -

10.25 Kenilworth - CELESTINA - Beaten just a shade over 5l on debut and was not given the hardest ride ever. Certainly bred to do better and possible improver at 33's.

One thing I forgot to mention is that Frankie Dettori is out there for the championship races and does look to have a couple of live chances. Nothing in the Cape Derby for me, but plenty of other Group races to choose from -

12.25 Kenilworth - SINGAPORE SLING - Top sort who had fair local debut behind today's FAV. Bagged the best draw today and looks value against said FAV at 6's.

1.00 Kenilworth - SEVENTH PLAIN - One of Frankie's, who has a squeak on best form. First run today since being gelded, blinkers added and upset potential at 25's.

1.35 Kenilworth - OLMA - Raider from the KwaZulu - Natal region, who does possess a smart turn of foot, will need to be at very best to get involved, but still plenty of appeal at 40's.

3.10 Kenilworth - FRENCH NAVY - Would have needed both comeback runs, better this trip & longer run-in should suit. Maybe a shade big at 16's. CAPE SPEED has talent, but has it all on at the weights. Best of the " rags " for me at 66's.

3.50 Kenilworth - ZAFIRA - Always tough going " up against the boys " but the allowance definitely helps and she is a very capable filly.

12.10 Turffontein - MIESQUE'S RUMBA and REMINISCENCE - MR is in his best form for a while, but remains well below his peak mark. Short, but about right at 4's. Reminiscence has it all to do at the weights, but has hopefully been refreshed by the short break. Does get the trip however and top young jockey booked, so still interesting at 50's.

12.45 Turffontein - SEAL MY FATE - All 4 career wins this trip and drops in class today. Recent form all pretty good and looks a shade big at 8's.

12.25 Kenilworth - Already with Singapore Sling, but adding KENNY TRIX at 80's and TILBURY FORT at 33's

12.50 Doncaster - ORCHARD PARK - Second on handicap debut last time and open to improvement back up in trip today.

3.05 Doncaster - MIDNIGHT JAZZ - Tough call against the Muliins runner, but not sure he should be 11/1 3rd Favourite.

3.10 Naas - I'M ALL YOU NEED - Looked to be in need of her last run and should not run out of steam today. Calims on best form and looks a solid EW at 10's.

4.15 Doncaster - MAJESTIC MOLL - Trainer does well in this sphere and MM does look a nicely bred newcomer.

4.35 Cheltenham - MAN OF PLENTY - Bit to find, from out the weights, but jockey's claim a help and EW squeak at 80's.

2.40 Greyville - KIKOMAN and CAROL MASTER - Pair of 50/1 shots and both should be capable of better.

3.25 Greyville - Combination FC / TC with these -

ICE RUN ( Moderate recent form but has placed this trip and could get an early lead this field )
QUINTELLA ( Very capable polytrack horse, just needs to lay handy this trip )
COLMANT ( Best draw in last 11 runs was in stall 7, so in unknown territory today from the 1 box. Capable this level and good enough to take advantage )

4.05 Greyville - ICY SPIRIT - Worth another crack this trip and EW potential at 10's.

4.35 Greyville - AGUSTINA - Saddle slipped last time, so that can be ignored and has enough form at this level to go close. Stable in form aswell, so enough going for him at 14's.

5.10 Greyville - KING'S APPROVAL - Much improved latest and should be running on again this field at 14's.

Back