• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Horse racing bets Sunday 26th March

S

SAMOAN

12.05 Scottsville - Tough Juvenile plate, with 3 of the runners being 1 from 1, along with some useful place form on show -

TRINI'S VAR HYT ( Cruised in on debut, tries the extra today, but should have no problems on that score at 7's )
CRYMEARIVER ( Nicely bred debutante and the young jockey does very well for this stable. Intersting at 50's )
ILLUSTRIOUS STAR ( Blinkers added. Fair debut effort and tries the extra today )

Good start with a 50/1 winner. Don't like to be negative, but the other pair were both realistic choices, so the lack of a forecast is disappointing.

1st 7 Crymeariver (SAF) 50/1

2nd 3 Neptune's Rain (SAF) 15/8f

3rd 13 On The Bounce (SAF) 5/2

Tote Win 37.70R

Pl 5.90R,1.20R,1.40R

EX 261.60R

SF 156.21R

12.40 Scottsville - Again going with 3, this time all at EW prices -

CONKER THE CODE ( Nicely bred newcomer at 33's and the jockey does get winners for this stable )
RIVER GARDEN ( Another debutante, who appeals at 25's )
TURF CONQUEROR ( Back off a 20 week break, but lightly raced and makes stable debut. Was 2/1 and 9/2 in only 2 starts and this suggests the ability is there. Different price today at 20's and EW appeal at that )

1.15 Scottsville - FASHION QUEST - One of the more exposed of these and continues to frustrate. Reverts to sprints and that could be key to this one who gets the services of top jockey Anthony Delpech. She finished runner-up behind a decent sort the last time she raced over this c & d and a repeat of that would be good enough.

1.50 Scottsville - SIMONA - Improved in latest, likes this c & d and can get involved at 8's.

2.25 Scottsville - EDDIE SWEAT - Back off a short break and better than recent form. Top jockey re - takes the ride and this as much as anything explains the 6's on offer.

3.40 Scottsville - HOLD THE LINE - Both career wins this trip and reverts to the turf today off a nice looking mark. Has form on soft. likes to lie handy and upset potential at 12's.

12.40 Scottsville - Again going with 3, this time all at EW prices -

CONKER THE CODE ( Nicely bred newcomer at 33's and the jockey does get winners for this stable )
RIVER GARDEN ( Another debutante, who appeals at 25's )
TURF CONQUEROR ( Back off a 20 week break, but lightly raced and makes stable debut. Was 2/1 and 9/2 in only 2 starts and this suggests the ability is there. Different price today at 20's and EW appeal at that )
Painfully close to a quick follow up, with River Garden charging late at 28's and only going down by a fast diminishing neck. Got the place money, but no real consolation Other pair ran OK, without really threatening.

4.10 Naas - CHILLI SPICE - Could probably have done with more testing ground this trip, but is a useful sort. Tough ask in the grade aswell, but some EW appeal at 50's

4.20 Downpatrick - MERRION ROW - First signs of life in a while last time and chance at 12's if building on that.

5.15 Wincanton - ANYTHINGMAYHAPPEN - Only hinted at ability so far, but nicely bred and remains lightly raced. Money around for him all day and now at 11/2.

5.20 Downpatrick - DAWN SHADOW - Was still a bit green on 2nd start, but ran nicely enough for 3rd. Should have more to come and looks a decent alternative to the odds on at 11/2.

4.10 Scottsville - Gone with 3 in the closing Maiden -

MAGIC MEMORY ( Poor latest but lightly raced and has claims on penultimate run. Money around at 5's )
EASTERN ECHO ( Nicely bred, top young jockey aboard and possible improver at 33's )
ROY'S HONOUR ( Shocking last 2 runs, after showing plenty on debut, hard to know what to make of him, but not sure where the early 80's comes from )

50/1 winner, gutting near miss at 28's and then a definite lull in the middle. Did finish strongly though with a place for Eastern Echo and wins for Merrion Row, Anythingmayhappen and Dawn Shadow

50/1 winner, gutting near miss at 28's and then a definite lull in the middle. Did finish strongly though with a place for Eastern Echo and wins for Merrion Row, Anythingmayhappen and Dawn Shadow

Wow, nice one Samoan:thumb

Probably taking a risk here, but figure that I can't wreck another promising career, so just highlighting young South African jockey Ashton Arries. He was the young jockey mentioned above on Crymeariver and out of 8 rides today, he had the winner at 50's, along with places at 12's, 14's and 66's ( no realistic chance, but still got it within 1/2 a length ) and a couple of 4th's.

He also had a couple of winners in midweek and has gone form 2 wins from 62 last year to already having 12 wins from 120 this year. As you would expect from a 9lb claimer, he gives it his best, but he looks a natural judge of pace and is comfortable up front, or coming out the pack.

Obviously tons of youngsters have faded into obscurity after their claim has gone, but I feel that Ashton Arries will not be one of them. Already getting rides from some of the top yards and should fly through the 6 and 3lb stage.

I always find it handy to have a good claimer on your side and if anybody stumbles on a South African card then this guy is worth following.

I've found myself betting more on the SA racing just lately. Will bear that in mind mate.

Long enjoyed a flutter over there and have to say when it comes to a Friday night and the 3 AW meetings, my first look is always at Greyville over Wolverhampton and Dundalk.

Way more information available than ever before and both the RUK and ATR sites are pretty good. Coverage is a bit hit and miss on Attheraces and do feel they miss some opportunities, but when they do it, they do it well.

Can't say i study any form. i do back some of your big priced ones sometimes but usually i back just because i happen to be logged in and see that there's a discrepancy in the bookie prices. i backed one just last week that was 9/4 and 2/1 with all but one bookie who had or up at 5/1! It won. i don't back there every day cos i'm a bit phobic about getting banned or restricted by more bookies than i already am.

Back