• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Horse Racing Bets Tuesday 26th January

S

SAMOAN

Nothing for me over here, so with AT THE RACES covering Turffontein, decided to focus my efforts there. Starting off with a Lucky 15 -

3.50 - ARTFUL EMPEROR - A Real " Roughie " to begin with at 66's, but it looks a very moderate event and the one thing AE has is speed. First attempt over the minimum trip and procured a good draw in 4, so certainly not without hope.

4.25 - CHAMPIONS CUP - Better last time when tiring late, so interesting today at 10's over shorter.

4.55 - FLAMMAROSA - Poor sprint debut when well fancied, but bred to be better over the longer trip. Respected trainer / jockey combo and EW interest at 10's.

5.25 - FUTURE FANTASTIC - In fair form until last time and not badly off at the weights. Chance on best form, so happy with the 10's

5.55 Turffontein - Conditions race and looking for the FC from these 3 -

PRECURSOR ( Back off a break, but fair record fresh and chance now back on turf )
VICTORIOUS ( Good win from the front latest and probably forced to do the same again from 12 )
MOD BARLEY ( Decent effort latest when finding support and always a threat this trip )

6.25 - Valuable Pinnacle Stakes race and looking for the FC with these -

JUDICIAL ( Likes it here, well worth another try this trip and getting 6's when I expected nearer 2's )
STORM WARNING ( Solid stayer who is in good form )
ELUSIVE FLYER ( In fair nick and holds good recent form against weaker, outside shout with low mass )

6.55 - Couple of solid EW shouts and a 50/1 rag -

RAMBO ( Back up in trip and fair record at the course )
ANTONIUS CHARM ( Good penultimate run and is capable on his day. Strydom aboard and should mount a challenge at 8's )
ANGELUS BELL ( Good draw in 1, h'capper gives him a chance and has won this trip. Not a strong pick, but just don't see why he is 50's )

Nothing for me over here, so with AT THE RACES covering Turffontein, decided to focus my efforts there. Starting off with a Lucky 15 -

3.50 - ARTFUL EMPEROR - A Real " Roughie " to begin with at 66's, but it looks a very moderate event and the one thing AE has is speed. First attempt over the minimum trip and procured a good draw in 4, so certainly not without hope.

4.25 - CHAMPIONS CUP - Better last time when tiring late, so interesting today at 10's over shorter.

4.55 - FLAMMAROSA - Poor sprint debut when well fancied, but bred to be better over the longer trip. Respected trainer / jockey combo and EW interest at 10's.

5.25 - FUTURE FANTASTIC - In fair form until last time and not badly off at the weights. Chance on best form, so happy with the 10's
CC backed into 6's and won nicely, other 3 all poor

6.25 - Valuable Pinnacle Stakes race and looking for the FC with these -

JUDICIAL ( Likes it here, well worth another try this trip and getting 6's when I expected nearer 2's )
STORM WARNING ( Solid stayer who is in good form )
ELUSIVE FLYER ( In fair nick and holds good recent form against weaker, outside shout with low mass )
EF won at 18's, but could not manage the Forecast, as the other pair ( both around 5's ) were no shows.

Nice one Samoan and some great odds there.

Back