• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Horse Racing Bets Wednesday 15th February

S

SAMOAN

2.30 Wolverhampton - JACK THE LAIRD - 1 from 18 is a poor return for one of such ability, but solid enough this level and still has wiggle room from this mark.

3.00 Wolverhampton - STORM TROOPER - Not much since Musselburgh turf win, but bit more like it last time and AW mark there to be exploited.

4.40 Towcester - OLIVER'S ISLAND - Debut 2nd came in a club members Bumper and with it not being under rules, that form may be under - rated. Certainly nicely enough bred and interesting runner at 16's.

5.20 Kempton - COLOR GUARD - H'cap debut was fair, but nothing in 2 runs since. Looked in need of a step up in trip and upped 4f today. Obviously risky, but do feel the trip will be within her compass and therefore 16's looks big.

11.05 Greyville - BABUSKA STORY - Stable 2nd string, but looks a nicely bred newcomer and happy backing at 14's with the 8 runners.

12.20 Greyville - ZANJABEEL - The combination of slow, green and faded badly was not the best of debut's, but is nicely bred, represents a top yard and has been gelded since that run. Huge leap of faith required, but happy doing this at 20's.

11.40 Greyville - YORKSHIRE DALES - Plenty of NR's and 4 of the 10 left look to have limited chances. YD should be prominent this field and not been getting home so the dop in trip looks ideal. Decent claimer takes 9lb off and this gives him every chance at 8's.

11.40 Greyville - YORKSHIRE DALES - Plenty of NR's and 4 of the 10 left look to have limited chances. YD should be prominent this field and not been getting home so the dop in trip looks ideal. Decent claimer takes 9lb off and this gives him every chance at 8's.
Bit lucky as had looked at the race and at YD, but decided not to bother. Fortunately tuned in to ATTHERACES and noticed they were showing the early races from both Honk Kong and South Africa, so decided to place the bet. No luck involved with the result however as the young jockey was able to get him prominent and was able to nick it off the bend. Not sure he would have lasted much longer so the 200m drop in trip was the key.

12.20 Greyville - Already with ZANJABEEL, but there are 4 x 100/1 shots present and for me, DINO'S DELIGHT is the most likely of these.

12.55 Greyville - SHE'S A JO - Was originally allocated a mark of 62 and not beaten that far in first 2 h'cap starts. Draws of 9,12,12 and 8 have not helped since, but do feel she is better than recent efforts suggest. Decent 6lb claimer re - takes the ride and for me, looks too big at 33's

1.30 Greyville - OBREGA - Mark not an issue and do feel she will get the pace she needs. Going to need luck in running, but ought to be staying on nicely at 8's. SHIRAZ CABERNET is on 3rd run back and I do feel that this is her best trip. Was found to be coughing last time, so can ignore that and last go in this sort of company ( 0-60 and is in a 0-62 today ) opened way shorter at 5's. Down to 43 today and getting to the stage where she can't sink much lower and not the greatest shock at 40's if she too is staying on to effect.

2.05 Greyville - WHALE WATCHING - Not the worst effort last time when too keen and fading late. Should be able to lay handy today, but don't think he will attempt to lead from a wide draw. Few rags in this field and do think this is the best of them at 80's.

Nice one with Yorkshire Dales, Samoan. Hope you had a few more later on.

I'm in for tonights Kempton races. No big priced things, though it will be interesting to see how Kyneton fares 1st time out @ 7/1.

18.20 Assertive Agent @ 11/4
18.50 Cherbourg @ 11/10
19.20 Kyneton @ 7/1
19.50 On Fire @ 13/8
20.20 Zabdi @ 4/1
20.50 Henry Grace @ 9/4

Nice one with Yorkshire Dales, Samoan. Hope you had a few more later on.

I'm in for tonights Kempton races. No big priced things, though it will be interesting to see how Kyneton fares 1st time out @ 7/1.

18.20 Assertive Agent @ 11/4
18.50 Cherbourg @ 11/10
19.20 Kyneton @ 7/1
19.50 On Fire @ 13/8
20.20 Zabdi @ 4/1
20.50 Henry Grace @ 9/4
Well Punt, you managed 3 winners and let's just say that I didn't. Few ran OK and OLIVER'S ISLAND, must have traded short in the place market as was fairly comfortable in 3rd, but the combination of the ground and the Towcester hill did for him. Well done on the winners and interesting that on an 8 race card the winners were either shorter than 4's or 25's plus.

Cheers Samoan, small profit on the night. Lovely treble by Josephine Gordon, i wish i was on that!

Back