• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Horse Racing Bets Wednesday 6th January

Seen

12.40 Huntingdon
ANTI COOL

Having a speculative punt on this outsider, barring accidents it's hard to see 1/6 fav POTTERS LEGEND being beaten but ANTI COOL might well outrun his massive odds to hit the frame as other than the fav this race looks very weak.
He only lasted until halfway and was pulled up on his hurdling debut at Southwell last time but he jumped out to his right at every hurdle that day so will appreciate the switch to a right-handed track. The 2m4f trip might have been too far and the ground too fast too. Been off for 218 days so maybe they've been working on a problem or waiting for softer ground?
Trainer form is a negative as R Dickin is 0/96 over jumps since April (did have a flat winner in Aug), however, Huntingdon is a track he does well at, with a 23% strike rate as compared to his overall SR of just 7%.
Worth a small punt at current odds - 100/1 generally (1/5 odds a place so 20/1 - only 9/1 on Betfair) and also backing him ew @ 33/1 w/o the fav at P Power, so 7.6 a place (can finish 4th if fav placed).

Drifted to 1000.0 on Betfair pre-off, pulled up, one of the first beaten. I think it's fair to say that the horse will never win a race!

5.40 Kempton - UBLA - Not a lot on debut, but it was a decent Newmarket maiden and definite improvement when 4th at Chelmsford. Will need to settle better over this trip, but with the potential for improvement, happy to take that risk.

6.10 Kempton - TROOPINGTHECOLOUR - Drift to 20's is a concern, but always been a useful sort at the right level and 5lb drop gives him every chance.

6.40 Kempton - MAC'S POWER - Last win was recorded in the Bible, but now a whopping 29lb lower and did run well last time, when a slightly unlucky 2nd.

7.10 Kempton - NASRI - Arguably best this trip and does look fairly weighted. Interesting on first start for a new trainer.

Backed Serena Grae in the 6.10 Kempton tonight and i don't think i have ever backed a horse that has ran so fecking poor. Trainer was also (supposedly) expecting a big run. Got gambled into fav as wrll.

Back