• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Horses For Courses

S

Sean

Basically horses who i think could go well who have previous form over the course.

Will post up the night before , although sometimes it may be on the day , and sometimes i will add a runner or two on the day if something catches my eye.

Friday 1st March

3.00 Newbury - Issar D'Airy 9/4 (365) - Martator 9/2 (365,Hills,Coral,SkyBet,Lads,BFred)
Two for me in this one , ISSAR D'AIRY is the first one who comes into this on the back of two wins here over 2m 1/2f , considering those were his first two runs over the bigger obstacles i'd say there may be a good chance that theres more to come so definatley want him on side. Todays step up in trip shouldnt be too much of a problem as he won over the distance over hurdles. Both those runs came on soft ground so should be okay with the going. Gary Moore has a 19.7% strike rate over the last month and a 19% strike rate when sending his runner here this season. Niall Houlihan on board and hes struck up quite a partnership with the horse with three wins and a place from his five rides to date. MARTATOR is my other selection , was second to to my other selection on penultimate run , beaten 4 1/2 lengths , but does get a fair tug at the weights now so i think theres a chance that he could reverse that form. A model of consistency over fences so far - 3,3,3,2,2,3 and i cant see any reason why he shouldnt give his running again. Placed on both starts here and will go on the ground. Should be in the thick of things.

4.10 Newbury - I'd Like To Know 11/4 (365)
Despite Demnat looking a decent (current) favourite after his 15 length success lto i like the look of I'D LIKE TO KNOW who impressed on his chase debut last time when second to the in form Issar D'Airy , only going down by a short head. And if his conquerer goes in earlier on the card that boosts the form for me and i;d be more hopeful of his chances than i currently am. Placed on sole start here at Newbury (last time) and going shouldnt be an issue. Trainer Chris Gordon has just this one here today and he has a 32% strike rate over the last three weeks whilst jockey Rex Dingle who rode the horse last time takes the ride on his only start of the meeting , when hes ridden for the trainer over the last three weeks they come away with a healthy 35% strike rate

1.30 Lingfield - Party Island 12/1 (Lads) - Arcadian Nights 5/1 (365)
Like the look of a couple in the opener at Leafy , first of those is ARCADIAN NIGHTS who comes into this on the back of a decent win at Wolverhampton beating Wadacre Gomez by a length and a half , that took his tally on the weather to seven wins from 21 starts , and hes one from one here over this afternoons CD. 4lb rise to contend with but i think thats within his scope tbh , draw doesnt look to bad and i think he should be on the premises. Billy Loughnane has a couple of wins aboard the horse and when he and Mark Loughnane have teamed up over the last 3 weeks they have a 33% strike rate. PARTY ISLAND is the other one i like the chances of , hasnt been in great form but is going the right way , one thing that caught my eye is the fact that hes going back up in trip today and over todays distance he has a win and a place from his two runs to date , another thing that didnt go un noticed is he seems to love it here at Lingfield , one from one over CD and four wins and a place from seven runs overall. I think a better effort could well be on the cards here. Trainer Denis Coakley has just this one at the meeting today , and George Bass here for just this one ride and he seems to get on well with the horse with five wins and three places from his sixteen rides.

Results / Friday 1st March

Issar D'Airy 9/4 Non Runner
Martator 9/2
thumbup.gif
1st (40p Rule 4)

I'd Like To Know 9/4
thumbup.gif
1st

Arcadian Nights 5/1 Lost (4th)
Party Island 12/1 Lost (7th)

Running Total .. Bets 4 .. Won 2 .. +/- +2.95

Saturday 2nd March

3.40 Doncaster - Some Scope 10/3 (Hills) - Charlie Uberalles 10/1 (365,Lads)
Definatley an open looking race which i should probably leave alone , but stupid is as stupid does , so i felt i had to get involved with the two i liked the look of both at the bottom of the handicap. First one is SOME SCOPE who arrives in the search for a three timer , and whilst its not gonna be easy , i wouldnt bet against him in his current form. Won over 3 mile here last time , slamming The Ferry Master by 7 1/2 lengths , this is his first try at todays distance but i think its something he can cope with as he seems a progressive sort. Two from three over the bigger obstacles and a good chance of making it three from four today. Trainer Richard Hobson has a couple entered in this (other one being Docpickedme and at a bigger price i wouldnt totally rule him out tbh) and has a 50% strike rate when coming to Doncaster this season , Gavin Sheehan takes the ride and hes three from five on the horse so far , and has a 20% strike rate when coming here this term. CHARLIE UBERALLES is my other selection , the bottom weight was a solid third in the Class 1 Great Yorkshire Handicap Chase last time , beaten 3 1/4 lengths , and the fact hes low mileage only having had nine runs to date means he has the scope for improvement i think. Won his sole start in a class 2 so todays slight drop in class wont go amiss i feel and i see him running a big race if hes fit and well. Sean Quinlan on board for the first time and he has a 12.5% strike rate overall here at the course whilst trainer Dianne Sayer can get one ready when she wants.

3.25 Kelso - Aye Right 10/3 (365)
AYE RIGHT has come second (twice) and third in his three runs this season and hopefully can gain a well deserved first seasonal win. Was beaten 2 3/4 lengths by San Brown last time but he was a further 12 lengths ahead of the third home , placed in one of his two starts over this afternoons CD but has won at the course on three ocassions (and placed in another four) from eleven runs overall. Has won and placed in a class one before and i think he can be making his presence felt today.

4.00 Kelso - Special Rate 11/4 (365)
SPECIAL RATE comes into this fine form , has won his last two here at Kelso making his record here two wins and a place from three runs , and hes now won four of his five races since coming back from 145 days off , in fact since April of last year his record reads - 2,1,1,1,1,1,4,1,1 so hes a model of consistency to be honest and if putting his best hoove forward i can see him giving it a good go again to notch another success , you certainly couldnt discount him off the same mark as his last win. Beat Imperial Merlin last time when he fell (2 horse race) , before that he beat Jet Legs who went in in his next race , fourth before that , beat Chti Balko and that one went in next time so the form stacks up for me. Two from three in the class and one from one on this mark. Trainer Philip Kirby enjoying a purple patch at the moment with a 27% strike rate over the last couple of weeks and has an 18.2% strike rate here at Kelso this term. Ross Chapman in the hot seat and he enjoys a good relationship with the horse with four wins from five rides. Has a 25% strike rate in the previous three weeks and a 20% strike rate when coming here this season.

3.55 Kempton - Lilkian 14/1 (BFred) - Airshow 10/1 (BFred)
I think a couple of these could go well at decent prices , first one that caught my eye is AIRSHOW , despite not having won in his five races since returning to action back in December of last year he has been running quite well in defeat , and the fact hes been coming down the weights catches my eye and i'd say he could be in with a decent shout here with the step back up to 6f helping his cause i think. Has won three of nine races over CD and placed in a further two so does pretty well when coming here over CD. Trainer Rod Millman is in great form at the moment with a 43% strike rate over the last fortnight and he sends just this one to the meeting whilst 7lb claimer Jack Enright takes the ride for the first time. LILKIAN is the other i like the chances of , seventh of eight on re appearance last time out so im hoping that he'll have blown the cobwebs away and will strip fitter here. Has won twice and placed five times from ten outings over this afternoons CD , class and draw both okay and has won off higher than todays mark , i think a decent run could well be on the cards. The Dazzler sends just this one to the meeting whilst Luke Catton on board for the fourth time looking for his first win , has a 25% strike rate in the past two weeks and his 3lb claim wont hurt the horses chances either.

4.30 Kempton - Egoiste 9/2 (365) - Stoic Syd 9/2 (365)
Going for a pair who were first and second last time out , the winner STOIC SYD held on valiantly for first , by a neck , and despite a 5lb rise i think he can go well again , although the draw could of been kinder , and theres a chance he could get the three timer. One from one over CD and hes two from two over this afternoons distance , everything looks good for a big run to me eyes. Ivan Furtado sends just this one out to the course and has a 13% strike rate over the last three weeks , Marco Ghiani has won twice and placed once from his five rides to date and he has a 23% strike rate in the past forntight. EGOISTE was the runner up , and i would say that he was tad unlucky last time when going down by a neck , he was coming like the proverbial train and given that the winner has gone up 5lb i would say he has to have a chance here today , the pair of them were a further 3 1/2 lengths ahead of the third and the fifth home , Ballybaymoonshiner , has gone in on his next race beating Captain Wentworth by a neck. Has never won here at Kempton but has placed on both runs over CD. Really cant see him being far away. Kyle Strydom has never won on the horse but has placed in three of his four rides so far , and he has a 20% strike rate over the last month.

5.30 Wolverhampton - Peachey Carnehan 11/1 (Hills)
A few of the runners look as though they could go well but last time out winner PEACHEY CARNEHAN caught my eye and i think he could give the principals something to think about. Has won twice from his three runs this year and i honestly cant see why he shouldnt go well again , does well here at Wolverhampton , the two wins this year both came over todays CD , and hes won six times and placed in a further eight over CD , ive noticed that when he wins he just does enough ie winning by short distances .. neck , head etc .. so a bit of luck in running is needed i suppose. Draw looks okay and has won from higher marks than this one , Michael Mullineaux has a 50% strike rate over the last couple of weeks , whilst jockey Phil Dennis hasnt won for a while but gets on well with the horse having won on him six times (and placing in a further fifteen). Can make his presence felt.

6.00 Wolverhampton - Tathmeen 15/2 (Hills) - Astrophysics 7/1 (SkyBet)
Like the look of a couple in this one , TATHMEEN is the first one , comes into this on the back of a head second to Fantasy Navigator at Newcastle , didnt get a clear run that day so could be out for compensation and has been holding his form fairly well if im honest , if hes ready to roll i think he can definatley go close. Three time winner (and two places) from ten runs over this evenings CD , class and current mark (has won off higher) both have ticks in the right boxes , not a great draw but it can be overcome. Anthony Brittain been i decent enough form with a 15% strike rate over the last two weeks , whilst jockey Harry Russell also been amongst the winners and has a 33% strike rate over the same period and over the last three weeks they have a 50% when teaming up. ASTROPHYSICS is the other one on my radar , hasnt won since February last year but looked good in his last race and his time could be near , was a solid 3/4 length third last time over 5f and i think the switch back to 6f here could pay dividends. The one good thing about the losing streak is that hes been coming down in the weights which has to give him a chance here imo , decently drawn to my eye and has three wins and three places under his saddle over CD. Dougie Costello on board and hes won and placed on the horse before and Tony Carroll isnt in bad form , should be on the premises.

Last edited by a moderator:
Result / Saturday 2nd March

Some Scope 10/3 Lost (2nd)
Charlie Uberalles 10/1 Lost (Pulled Up)
Aye Right 10/3 Lost (4th)
Special Rate 11/4 Lost (3rd)
Lilkian 14/1 Lost (7th)
Airshow 10/1 Lost (4th)
Egoiste 9/2 Lost (4th)
Stoic Syd 9/2 Non Runner
Peachey Carnehan11/1 Lost (6th)
Tathmeen 15/2 Lost (3rd)
Astrophysics 7/1 Lost (7th)

Running Total .. Bets 14 .. Won 2 .. +/- -7.05

Sunday 3rd March

3.40 Huntingdon - Dibble Decker 7/2 (Hills,SkyBet) - Lounge Lizard 3/1 (365)
Couple catch my eye in this , DIBBLE DECKER is the first one , comes into this on the back of a win at Wincanton last time but what caught my eye is the fact that hes three from three here at Huntingdon and two from two over CD. Won this race last year from 4lb lower and i think theres every chance he could well capture the crown again. Stan Shepherd gets on well with him with five wins and a place from his ten rides to date and hes here for just this one ride today , and has a 19% strike rate in the last couple of weeks. Tom Lacey also here for just this one and he has a 21% strike rate over the last three weeks , does well here with a 26.3% strike rate over the last 5 years and when he and the jockey have teamed up over the same period they come away with a 27% strike rate. LOUNGE LIZARD is my other selection , been in good form and arrives after a solid second in a class one at Cheltenham , if in the same sort of mood i feel he has to go close here. Placed on only start here , JJ Burke rode him last time for the first time and hes back on board today on his sole start of the meeting , Henry Daly been in good form lately with a 26% strike rate in the last 21 days.

5.25 Newcastle - Zephlyn 10/3 (Hills)
ZEPHLYN comes into this in decent form , won over CD in penultimate run and was a solid enough second last time when beaten 3/4 length by Eagles Realm. Those pair were a further 3 1/4 lengths clear of the nearest rival so form may be decent. Ewan Whillans sends just this one to the meeting , whilst Jason Hart is back on board having ridden him the last twice making his record on the horse a win and two places from four rides. Should be in the mix come the business end of things.

6.30 Newcastle - Bonito Cavalo 9/2 (Hills) - Hes An Angel 11/2 (Hills)
A few of these come into this in fine form but none more so than the two i've gone for , BONITO CAVALO hasnt lost since his first start of the year racking up a five timer , and given his current form you couldnt write him off for the six timer. Seems to love it here being 5/5 at the course overall and 3/3 over this evenings CD. Can see him going very close here. Paul Mulrennan in the plate and hes won on the horse five times and placed in a further three from his 18 rides , has a 12% strike rate over the last two weeks and has a 14.5% strike rate here this term , Jim Goldie knows the time of day and he has a 22% strike rate in the last three weeks and a 22.2% strike rate here this season. HE'S AN ANGEL is another one whose on a roll , coming into this looking for the five timer , won over CD last time out making his record over todays CD one win / one place from two runs and at the course overall a win and two places from three runs. Has three wins and a place to his name over todays trip from six outings. Draw looks okay and i think he can go close today even though hes going up in grade. Daniel Tudhope has ridden him to those two last time victories and hes back on board today , whilst Peter Niven has just this one here today and he has a 20% strike rate in the last couple of weeks.

7.00 Newcastle - The Caltonian 10/1 (Hills) - Star Zinc 6/1 (Hills)
Couple catch my eye in this one , firstly THE CALTONIAN who has been holding his form well , since winning in October '23 - 1,1,2,3,2,1,1,1,2,8,2 and his last six races have all come here at Newcastle , over varying distances between 5f - 7f .. has a good record here overall only being out of the frame once , four wins and three places from eight runs , and hes one from two over todays CD. Johnny Peate takes off a handy 3lb and has a good record on the horse to date with three wins / four places from eight rides whilst trainer Linda Perratt has a 20% strike rate here this season along with a thumping profit of +£60.14. STAR ZINC is my other fancy for the race , think he stands a solid chance from bottom weight here , won over CD on penultimate run before coming a decent second at Southwell over a mile last time out. Good record over CD with two wins and a place from four runs , and the fact Hollie Doyle , whose 1/1 on him , is back in the saddle is a good sign for me. Should be there or thereabouts.

Results / Sunday 3rd March

Dibble Decker 7/2 Lost (2nd)
Lounge Lizard 3/1
thumbup.gif
1st

Zephlyn 10/3 Lost (2nd)
Bonito Cavalo 9/2 Lost (2nd)
He's An Angel 11/2 Non Runner
The Caltonian 10/1 Lost (Brought Down)
Star Zinc 6/1 Lost (9th)

Running Total .. Bets 20 .. Won 2 .. +/- -9.05

Monday 4th March

5.30 Wolverhampton - Big Dream 9/4 (Hills) - White Mist 11/2 (Hills)
Going for two in this one , BIG DREAM won last time out by 4 1/2 lengths over CD and has been put up by 9lb but i still think he can remain competitive dropped down to 6f , wore blinkers for the first time in that last race and theyre retained here. Irish trainer Anthony McCann has a 22.2% strike rate here this season and hes acquired the services of top claimer Tommie Jakes for the first time , whose 5lb claim technically takes that 9lb rise down to a more manageable 4lb. Looks to be drawn okay and i can see him close here. WHITE MIST is in search of the three timer , and has been in solid form so definatley in with a shout , won over 6f at Kempton last time and gets a 4lb rise for that but claimer takes off a handy 3lb. Does well at this CD with two wins and two places from five runs , and he should be in the mix. The selection is another one where the addition of headgear seems to have worked the oracle , since being fitted with a visor hes won three of his last four and he has the visor on again today. Trainer sends just this one out today and she has a 20% strike rate here this season.

Both lost with White Mist going down by a neck , giving this one up just not getting the rub of the green at the mo and im not concentrating on it probably like i should be so binning it off

Back