• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Royal Ascot 2016

Punter

Cant believe i've not got the week off but i'll be having a few bets anyway.

Feel free to shout yours up in here too.

I'm on 4 tomorrow

2.30 BELARDO @ 4/1

5.00 GALIZZI @ 10/1 & QEWY @ 33/1

5.35 KANANEE @ 14/1

I've got Galizzi in my tracker bets but i got to thinking if C.Appleby can get Qewy right for his first run for the stable (like he did with Galizzi) then he must have an e.w chance. Stamina to prove but won 1st time out in 2013 and 2014 and wont mind the predicted rain tonight.

2.30 Ervedya (money back if 2nd or 3rd)
3.05 Broken Stones 16/1 (now down to 12/1) see ODM pretty young thread
3.40 Meccas Angel
4.20 The Gurkha
5.00 Qewy (one of punters fav horses)
5.35 Pretty Vacant

2.30 - A SHIN IRWIN - Bit to find, but goes on the ground, Small EW at 66's.

3.05 - YALTA - Looked decent so far, hopefully is up to this level.

5.35 - KANANEE - Has looked useful in both starts to date and really buckled down to win at York. Form could probably be better ( though the 2nd has won since ) but just can't ignore at 16's. Apologies Punt, just spotted this is one of yours.

Cant believe i've not got the week off but i'll be having a few bets anyway.

Feel free to shout yours up in here too.

I'm on 4 tomorrow

2.30 BELARDO @ 4/1

5.00 GALIZZI @ 10/1 & QEWY @ 33/1

5.35 KANANEE @ 14/1

I've got Galizzi in my tracker bets but i got to thinking if C.Appleby can get Qewy right for his first run for the stable (like he did with Galizzi) then he must have an e.w chance. Stamina to prove but won 1st time out in 2013 and 2014 and wont mind the predicted rain tonight.

Two placed, Belardo and Qewy gave me a small profit on the day. Qewy was beaten a neck, in 2nd :hissyfit

One so far for tomorrow, though i may add more yet...

Ascot 5.35 ALJULJALAH E/W @ 16/1 Skybet - 5 places 1/4 odds

I'm on it not so much for it's 2nd lto, though it was beaten by the excellent Nemoralia (3rd fav for Coronation stakes) but more for the rave reviews it had been getting at home. According to ATR, anyway.

Unlucky with Qewy punter

2.30 Gifted Master
3.05 Katrine
3.40 Always Smile
4.20 - no bet but kicking myself as i could have got 6/4 about fav ante post last week after reading about it.
5.00 Secret Brief
5.30 Anamba

:beer

2.30 - STEADY PACE - Juvenile Group form reads well and should appreciate the return to turf after a stint in Dubai. Ground an unknown, but quite confident on breeding and just feel the 33's to be too big.

Didn't have time to study the gee gees yesterday but Gifted Master has popped up in my tracker in the 230 race at 8/1 (5pts ew). It goes without saying that it's a massive field with everything in it trying, so a bad race for punting in many respects but i love the jockey and I like the fact that this horse is likely to be near the front a furlong and a half from home and is likely to be matched at half its current price or less for those who choose a more cautious approach.

230 race - impossible to pick a winner with any logic in my humble opinion so I start with the jockeys or trainers in a race like this and go from there. I'm going to have three small (very small) bets on

Vona 20/1
Camarque 18/1
Madame Dancalot 20/1

3pts ew on each of the above

340 Ascot I'm going to throw a massive price in for this one with Black Cherry at 80/1 (vcbet). The way this horse has been placed suggests that it may not like the ground today but it doesn't know how to run a bad race and if it does happen to handle the ground it might battle its way to a place. In any even the fact that it's a front running horse will make it a possible lay in running for a free bet.

At a more sensible level, and ew bet on Always Smile ew at 8/1 5pts ew

No bet in the 420

500, Paddy Power pay 6 places on this so you have to decide not only which horse(s) to back but also whether you're going to take a bigger price and go for 4 or 5 places or take a skinnier price and have a little bit of extra insurance of another place. With 32 runners I hope I can be forgiven for picking out four horses! For a laugh, I trialled a "system" of just picking out four numbers and used those numbers for the corresponding horse in massive field races (varying the bet between win or each way dependent upon the price and I was staggered to find that it actually made a consistent profit:lol)

Anyway, I'm ramblng.
5ew Librisa Breeze 10/1 5 places
2 ew Secret Brief 16/1 5 places
2 ew Carry on Deryck 6 places 18/1 (22/1 available 5 places)
1 ew Battle of Marathon 33/1 5 places

Total stake 20pts which means I need a winner or a couple of places to get my dosh back

Shit, I've jotted down Mr Owen and forgotten about it. Fuck it, I'll add it to the list for 1pt ew at 28/1 5 places. Five horses in a race is ridiculous but then again, so is betting on 30+ fucking runner races. Madness!
22pts staked

535 I've now officially entered "Daft mode" which is usually reserved for the Cheltenham Festival when I suddenly find I've backed so many horses in one race that I need to win it just to break even :lol. Anyway, fuckit, four in the last and most of them at the head of the market for a change - all 5 places

Anamba 5ew 9/1
5ew Dimploma 9/1
Make Fast 5ew 12/1
Pure Diamond 2ew 40/1

This is suicide betting and this is the reason that I don't have time off work for the big flat meetings! I'd have to move into a caravan and sell my house.

The only reason I didn't lump on The Gurka yesterday was that the price relative to the second fav was too close and money was coming for the second fav. Had I been watching the racing and seen it moving to odds on, I would have lost some dosh on it. We always notice when we miss a winner but I definitely dodged a bullet with that one yesterday. I would have backed Caravaggio which (watching the replay today) was massively impressive but there's absolutely no doubt that I would have lost money on the day and I suspect that today will shape the same way.

Just pressed post and read up to find that I am on four of Keggers' selections so maybe it won't be that bad a day after all:beer

Reading more, I would have followed Samoan and Punter on Kananee as I remember it running well before. Plum last. God I'm glad I was busy yesterday :lol

Well that was fucking shite !!!! Always Smile placing was my only return.

3.05 Blue De Vega
4.20 Order of St George (with England playing Wales tomorrow - this is more of a mug bet)
5.00 Out and About (like Moore riding for Haggas)

PALLASATOR E/W @ 16/1 Stan James - 3 places 1/4 odds

3.40 - CHICADORO - Maiden win came on soft and fair level of form on all starts to date. Should appreciate the step up in trip and plenty of EW appeal at 12's.

4.20 - SUEGIOO - Generally found wanting in top class company, but is a fair staying sort. Step up to 2m4f, should not present a challenge, but not much form on soft. Couple of doubts therefore, but there are much worse 80/1 shots out there.

5.00 - SEVENLEFT - Probably aiming too high here, but step up in trip will suit and could be finishing well at 80's.

Just a " rag " for me on Friday -

4.20 - MARENKO - Pretty decent form at both 2 and 3. Will need to step up considerably today, but arrives in good form and happy taking the chance at 66's.

2.30 Frankuus
3.05 Best of times
3.40 Beautiful Romance
4.20 Magical Memory
5.00 Boom the groom / spring loaded
5.35 Commissioned / tommy docc

Fancy a few at decent prices today...

2.30 - ADMIRALTY ARCH (28/1) & ISOMER (25/1)
3.05 - FIRE FIGHTING (22/1) & PACIFY (9/1)
4.20 - MATTMU (25/1) & SUEDOIS (14/1)
5.00 - MUTAWATHEA (20/1) & SHARED EQUITY (25/1)

:crossfingers

Back