• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Sun 14th August

beamer

Ponty 2.30 Stagecoach Danman 1 pt win (Trade Out IR @ 3.6)

Rain Mac may well win but 3/1 makes no appeal to me, especially as my pick and War Poet are 9/2 combined.

Stagecoach Danman's best run came over C&D, when wiinning a maiden. His mark has been raised as a consequence, but he was eased that day and the current 12/1 llooks decent. Put in a cop out saver, as there is every chance he will try and get an early lead.

beamer

Ponty 3.30 Rose Blossom 2 pts win @ 6.4 ( Trade out stake IR @ 2.42 7 1.41)

Dever Dream is an obvious pick but her style of running suggests a bet IR rather than the current odds. Rose Blossom may falter in the final 1f but she showed great early pace and this race looks like she will final the early pace less aggressive. It's likely that she willl set the race up for the fav, but I'm hoping for a trade off at the very least and hopefully a blocked run for Dever Dream.

beamer

Decent win last night and boy was it needed. Hoping to follow up with these :-

3:05 Dundalk - DIXIEDOODLEDANDY - Definite signs of ability on debut, but understandably tired late on. Related to a couple of winners at 2 and the sire and dam were both decent in their own right. Will need to step it up, but happy to take that chance at 33's.

4:05 Dundalk - LA OLIVA - Another who hinted at ability on debut and again should have come on for that. Not badly bred and stays at 7f, which should be her sort of trip. Speculative, to say the least, but again happy to chance it at 40's.

5:05 Dundalk - ACADEMIC ACCOLADE - Not really done enough for one of his ability, but remains on a feasible weight and has gone well fresh in the past. Draw ( 9 ) could have been better, but the young jockey is pretty decent and 9's looks about right.

5:25 Tramore - COOPERS DREAM - Expected a bigger price on this one, but is one of Colin Bowe's and the stable do well in this sphere. Unseated in his only pointing start, but was noticeably short at 7/2.

Did look at a couple of other races as well, including Beamer's 2:30. No real strong fancies, but having a dabble with the following :-

2:30 Pontefract - I tend to agree with Beamer about RAIN MAC, but STAGECOACH DANMAN, just misses the cut for me. Would not put anybody off backing it though, but the presence of a favourite of mine in SNOW DANCER, just stops me having a decent bet. Don't think its SNOW DANCER's turn however, but just had a small win bet as I see her either first or last. Also gone with a combination forecast / tricast on the following -

WAR POET
HONK KONG ISLAND
SNOW DANCER

3:30 Pontefract - DUBAI MEDIA - Got stopped at every turn LTO, and is one that I feel could out run his mark. Would need to however as is not that well off at the weights. Still this is all reflected in the price and must have an EW squeak.

6:00 Dundalk - Just a mad combo forecast with the following -

NINGALOO REEF
SLAN GO FOILL
CALLHERHOME

Cant be bullish at these sort of prices, but still hoping for a run for my money.

Another pleasing day with both races going as I thought. Only possible downside was not having anything on Rain Mac, who traded @ 100 to small money and 50's to plenty of cash.

Ponty 2.30 Stagecoach Danman 1 pt win (Trade Out IR @ 3.6)
Unplaced but got an easy lead and traded down to 2.02 in running.

Ponty 3.30 Rose Blossom 2 pts win @ 6.4 ( Trade out stake IR @ 2.42 7 1.41)
Won @ 9/2.
Got an unchallenged lead and fav did hit trouble, but I think RB won on merit.

Profit: 6.8 pts

beamer

Ponty 5.00 Ballinargh Girl 1 pt win @ 8.8 ( trade out IR @ 2.24 & 1.41)

Discounted this race earlier, as I'm unsure about the likely pace and BG is poorly drawn. Whilst her draw isn't ideal, she may get an early pitch and it doesn't look a great race especially with the fav also drawn badly. Fallon keeping the ride is a plus and she is lightly raced.

beamer

Ponty 5.00 Ballinargh Girl 1 pt win @ 8.8 ( trade out IR @ 2.24 & 1.41)

Poor run finishing out the back. Used early pace to tack onto the leaders but struggles around the outside. Fallon gave up the ride. Annoyingly the pace horse won again, who was one of the few horses that had led in previous races and dropped in trip.

beamer

Back