• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Super League XXVIII

S

SAMOAN

Began last night with Warrington thrashing last year's beaten Grand Finalist's Leeds Rhino's. Leigh Leopards return to Super League with a live home game against Salford tonight.

The World Club Challenge takes place tomorrow morning (7.50am) over in Australia, with Penrith taking on St Helens. The Panthers are a general 20 point favourites, but can see the Saints at least keeping things close.

As for Super League, Saints should still take all the beating, but 5 titles in a row is a tall order and Warrington certainly put down a marker last night.

Fair bit has happened since the opening of this thread, so definitely time to re - visit. St Helens went over to Oz and won the World Club Challenge with a Golden Point win over Penrith.

Warrington followed up thier opener by going unbeaten for the first 8 games. Fair to say things have unravelled a bit since then with them sacking their coach and with one game remaining they are in danger of missing out on a top 6 play - off spot.

At the top of Super League. Wigan, Catalans and St Helens make up the top 3, with all having 38 points. Finishing top 2 is important as these 2 clubs get a week off, with the remaining 4 teams opening the post season. Leigh and Hull KR are secure in the Play - off's, with Warrington and Saford battling for the final spot.

Salford fell short at the last hurdle tonight, It was always a big ask to beat Catalan and hope other results went their way but it's been like that all season, they have taken a few steps backwards whereas teams around them have moved forward.

It was a good win for Wigan tonight, Leigh didn't take this game lightly and would have loved nothing more than to stop them winning the Leaders shield.

The playoffs this year are setup to be phenomenal, I think I'll stick with Wigan though as they are currently on a great run of form.

First Semi Final about to start, though it has been relegated to Sky Sports Mix (416) Catalans have the home advantage tonight against St Helens, whilst Wigan host Hull KR on Saturday lunchtime. Not sure about either contest, though would be shocked if both were not close. Gonna put my neck on the block and go with the 2 away teams, which would mean Saints going for 5 grand finals in a row and Hull KR going for their first ( and also their maiden appearance at Old Trafford. )

I forgot all about this, tell the truth since I've been ill with one problem or another since contracting Covid a couple of yrs ago I find it hard to follow anything unless it involves City as that's custom and practise.
Otherwise I soon forget whatever other sport is on unless I plan ahead until I read about it on here or in the news:frown.

After reading your post I see Catalan won tonight, No real surprise there as they've had a belting season but I can see where you're coming from in your prediction considering the history Saints have , this year we have seen a real shift at the top of the game with Leigh also coming to the fore and making inroads at the top level.
It makes you think have Elite players like Charney and Tomkins been released too early as they are making a huge difference to their respective teams.

Hull KR have bounced back well since their very close Challenge cup defeat, putting that game to bed by convincingly beating Leigh last week and putting those demons to rest.
Saying that I will also put my neck out and go with Wigan only because at the business end of the season in an otherwise poor season for them they seem to produce when it matters steamrolling their way into this game.

Back