• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

The Grand National 2016

ONEDUNME

Administrator
Bit early, but I've placed my first bet on it.

Won the 210 at Carlisle today. Don't tear my head off if I'm wrong on this but isn't this the first Grand National winner for about 12 years to actually win a race again after winning the big one?

I backed it last week at Aintree and it fell early on. Not a great omen but I think it could actually win the race again in April so I've backed it each way at 50/1. The trainer seems to be 100% sure that it's going to run there (injuries and illness permitting).

Proven course and distance
smile.gif
and potentially a decent mark. There are worse 50/1 shots around.

I would love to see him win it again.Trained in my neck of the woods, i'll remember to follow you with a small bet on Tuesday when i get paid.

On another horse racing note, can you recommend a good, free, horse tracker app?

I've found the Atheraces tracker to be the best. I seem to remember that sportinglife limited the amount of horses you could have at any one time but that may have changed. I type my own comments in (why I've picked it out to follow and how much it has cost me/won me so far- and what ground or trip I might think it needs for example) then when you get the email it gives you the site's view on its chances as well.

As an example, here's one I got on Wednesay.....

upload_2015-12-13_21-43-55.png

Ignore the £500 bit (I can assure you it's not the amount I won on it:lol). Roughly translated, it means I backed it at 3/1 in February when it unseated rider but something about it impressed me enough to put it in my tracker (there was also money for it on the day). Sure enough the think won next time out at 15/2. I haven't updated my comments since then but it then failed next time out and won the race after that. I mainly use my tracker for young improving flat horses in the spring onwards and disregard them when they look like the handicapper is weighting them quicker than they are improving but I do use it as a reminder for other horses so that when they pop up, I can look at the race and see if I want to back them or not.

As it is, I didn't back it on Thursday - (it fell again). I will consider backing it the next time it goes over hurdles though.

Anyway, I digress. the Atheraces tracker is easy to manage. Another one is GG.com - although I haven't used that one

Cheers fellas.

I was hoping to avoid them via e-mail as i rarely check them. I have a phobia about the bastard things lol.
I was hoping there was an app out there that i could have on my phone that notified me that way. I just dont want every e-mail i get coming up as a notification. I'm sure there is settings and stuff to avoid this but i'm bloody useless with technology.

I'll take a look at the ones mentioned though, thanks.

You have a phobia of emails? :thinking

You also appear to have deleted me from your facebook, punishment of which is a slow and painful death by extreme sexual torture :punch:wank:punch

You also appear to have deleted me from your facebook, punishment of which is a slow and painful death by extreme sexual torture :punch:wank:punch

Me too. Been deleted from Facebook I mean, that's not a request to be added to your extreme sexual torturing list.

Although I believe he had a good reason for doing so.

You cnut Seen! I haven't deleted anyone but myself! I de-activated my account back in the beginning of May!
That's like seven months ago, SEVEN FUCKING MONTHS AND YOU'VE ONLY JUST NOTICED ME GONE! :cry
Do you know how much that hurts me Seen? DO YOU? :cry :frown

I was spending too much time on there tbh, i was getting frustrated with the shite on there too. Fucking women that i shouldn't of accepted, whinging and talking shite etc.
I'd had a bad day, 3 or 4 things had gone wrong for me, including not getting that job...i'm glad i didn't get it now but at the time..

I just got pissed up, i know i had 9 cans of Guinness and half a bottle of Bacardi, couple of bifta's too, probably the most i've ever consumed, i was off my fucking head lol. I then lost the plot and called all whinging women a bunch of cunts :lol... whoever replied i ripped in to big time. I called everyone cunts.

I even told one lass her kids were ugly as fuck :eek:

FUCKING MORTIFIED LATER ON WHEN I STARTED TO SOBER UP AND REALIZE WHAT I'D DONE!!! :lol

Deleted everything very quickly lol, probably took me two month to get over it if truth be told :lol

I re-activate my account once or twice a week now, for 5 minutes only, just to check my kids and family are ok and to see the latest photo's of my grandson. De -activate as soon as i'm finished though. Apart from that I dont miss it at all.

If you look down your friends list, i should still be there, but if you click on my name it should tell you that the account has been de-activated.

I closed My Facebook account the day it went public.

It's free - and always will be

so they say but they need to make a profit somehow :thinking

There was no direct advertising I could see so how exactly were they profiting form me :thinking:thinking:thinking

I couldn't work it out so I left

Not sure what thats got to do with the grand national though :thinking

Aye apologies for taking the thread of course.

Wages in and a very small e.w.bet for now on Pineau De Re @ 50/1 bet Victor. 1/4 odds 1,2,3,4

I've backed Galant Oscar at 40/1. Backed it after it won at Puncheston and JP Macmanus bought it.

As most of you know Richard Lee was one of my favourite N.hunt trainers. He packed in towards the end of last year and now his daughter runs the show. And boy hasn't she kicked on.

Kerry Lee has landed some of the best chases out there in the past 2 months. She's had plenty to be proud of, Mountainous (Welsh Grand National), Russe Blanc (Betfred Classic Chase, £35K), Top Gamble (Betfair Exchange Chase, £28K).
She's had a very impressive 16 chase wins from 56 attempts (29%). Her current form is excellent...

Capture.PNG

Mud loving chasers are her game.

She has two entered for the National, Mountainous and Russe Blanc

I really like this Russe Blanc, stays for ever and is worth watching his last race as he won in such good style, even with the saddle slipping. Entered in this coming weekends Eider Chase too and is currently 8/1 joint favourite for it. I'll be on it.

For now though ive just taken 430/1 on Betfair for him to win the Grand National and 29 to place. They are Huge prices IF and it's a big if, the ground is soft at best. 5 of Russe Blancs wins 3 have been won on heavy, 2 on soft. Early spring i guess you wouldn't expect soft but if it does turn out that way these prices are huge. If it's not soft keep an eye out for it in the Irish National.

RB is due to run in the Eider on Saturday at Newcastle mate. 11/1 at the mo

Yes, i did mention that in the post :)

Corals make him 6/1 favourite for the race. I think he's got more chance of going to the Irish National afterwards though, a week before
the Grand National. More likely to get the ground. All the same though, if he does end up at Aintree, they are big prices. I've got to follow him this Saturday too.

Back