• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Welsh Premier League 13th/14th Oct

traeth

this weekend's odds from bluesq

Welsh Premier League

Sat, 13th of Oct, 2012
14:30 Afan Lido v Airbus 3.60 3.40 1.83
14:30 Bangor City v Llanelli 1.53 3.80 5.00
14:30 Carmarthen Town v Connah's Quay Nomads 2.50 3.20 2.50
14:30 The New Saints v Newtown AFC 1.17 6.00 11.00
15:45 Prestatyn Town v Aberystwyth Town 1.57 3.75 4.75

Sun, 14th of Oct, 2012
14:30 Bala Town v Port Talbot Town 2.00 3.40 3.10

my early thought worry me , I think I can pick a winner in every game , these kind of weeks usually drain my beer money fund

Afan Lido v Airbus ..away win
Bangor City v Llanelli ...home win
Carmarthen Town v Connah's Quay ..away win
The New Saints v Newtown ... home win by a big margin
Prestatyn v Aberystwyth ...home win

Sun, 14th of Oct, 2012
14:30 Bala Town v Port Talbot...home win

I'll take a further look and post some more thoughts later as it can't be that easy :help

Waiting to see odds on handicaps on Saints in my local,but will take them big this time.Expect at least three goal margin .
Other games i like Prestatyn the most.
I agree with traeth ,you can pick a winner in every game,but will skip other games.One huge bet on Saints and small-medium on Prestatyn is enough for me.

Not sure about the Carmarthen or Bala games, no result would surprise me that much in either game, otherwise I would strongly agree with Traeth's predictions. I think betting on goals in the Bangor, Afan Lido and Prestatyn games could be the way to go. I will post my bets later.

with a little more thought

Afan Lido v Airbus
Lido have lost their last four matches, Those matches have involved a lot of goals, 26 in those four.
Airbus last four matches esulted in two draws ,two wins and 24 goals.
Airbus have clicked and I'll be backing them
Airbus @ 2.0 with betvictor

Bangor v Llanelli
Bangor one point behind the leaders and at home are a very good side. Last week they beat Bala Town 5-0 and missed quite a few chances.
Llanelli have been inconsistant this season and a number of players had not been paid fully . Its been reported that that problem has been solved early this week. Their were numerous absentees last week when they travelled to Airbus but they managed a draw.
Its Bangor home win for me , the straight win is 1.53 with bluesq.
I'm going for the A.H. so Bangor -1 with bet365 @1.93

Carmarthen v Connah's Quay
Carmarthen won their opening two mathes of the season but have not won since. They are a difficult side to beat at home having held TNS to a 0-0 draw this season , their only home loss was a 0-1 defeat to Bangor.
Connah's Quay away are not so impressive yet this season and have a leaky defence so I'm not risking money on this one .

The New Saints v Newtown
Champions TNS at home are head and shoulders above most of the others in the league. They can score goals.
Newtown are a young side and if they conceed early I can see this being a high scoring game . It is only Lido that have a worse defensive record than Newtown , Newtown have conceeded 24 goals in nine league games.
TNS straight win price is 1.2 so it looks like an asian handicap bet for me
TNS-2 @1.85 with bet365

Prestatyn v Aberystwyth
Prestatyn have been very good this season , their only loss has been at TNS and are equal on points with league leaders TNS. At home they have only dropped two points in five matches.
Aber are last but one and have had some poor results , they did win at home last week against bottom club Lido.
I would be backing Prestatyn at home against most sides in this league so playing inept Aber makes it my main bet of the weekend.
Prestatyn @ 1.57 with bluesq

Sunday
Bala Town v Port Talbot
Bala Town were expected to do well this season but started weakly , they did recover a couple of weeks ago but were well beaten by Bangor last Friday with their defence playing poorly.
Port Talbot lost their opening two matches but recovered from that start but were wellbeaten 5-0 at TNS two weeks ago . They are of a similar standard as Bala Town so this is not so clear cut.
Seeing as this is a Sunday match on an international weekend I'll be considering having a bet.

So I'm agreement with both of you mij and pg

OK I've gone for a fair few bets this time
Bangor game over 2.5 @ 1.45 (Bwin)...20 out of the last 21 Bangor home games have gone over.
Bangor -2.75AH @ 5.5 with Bet365...don't normally go for negative handicaps but I feel this is the kind of game that will either be 0-0 (Llanelli got a 0-0 at TNS) or a massive home win. Llanelli obviously have some good players still and they will want to prove they can still mix it with the best clubs in the league. However, Andy Legg said in an interview last week they are not even training at all. That's got to give Bangor an advantage. They were quite lucky to get a point at Airbus last week, whilst Bangor were magnificent against Bala. They really played some football that would be considered impressive at any level; they are finally clicking in the new stadium. They lost 6-1 to Bala in midweek in the league cup. They don't value the cup and made 5 changes, yet I think the result will still have hurt them. They will want to show that this result won't affect their league form.
Prestatyn vs Aber over 3.5 @ 2.33 (Betsafe) *Available @ 2.5 Paddy Power but I am restricted* front two playing really well for Prestatyn, loads of goals in that side. Aber have been poor, did alright last week but defensively have been poor in a lot of games.
Afan Lido vs Airbus over 3.5 @ 2.33 (Betsafe) Lido have conceded loads. They were tipped to go down after a massive cut to their budget. They did alright at first but recent results have been poor and they are now bottom. Losing to Aber is a poor result. They have scored a few and Airbus have been involved in some high scoring games. They beat Newtown 7-1 away, beat Aber 5-1 and drew 4-4 with Port Talbot. I can see goals.
Airbus to win @ 2 (various) *available at 2.12 Marathon Bet* same reasoning. A little less confident on this but I think this Airbus side is decent and looks a value price.
I have a funny feeling Newtown could cause an upset at TNS...probably wrong but they do play good football at times and maybe they could surprise them. Like I say I am probably wrong but @ 1.2 I think I'll leave it.
This could go very wrong, or very right! We'll see.
Good luck all.

Saints -1,5 Huge bet @ 1.55 my local and Saints -2AH @ 1.90 my local medium-big for me.
They are in form,scoring again for fun.Big results in last two home games.Defense looks very good. Tought Port Talbot can do something,but they were smashed. Newtown is young team ,leaking goals ,so even if they score i expect at least four from Saints. Darlington and co. will do job here.GL

I have a funny feeling Newtown could cause an upset at TNS...probably wrong but they do play good football at times and maybe they could surprise them. Like I say I am probably wrong but @ 1.2 I think I'll leave it.
This could go very wrong, or very right! We'll see.
Good luck all.

the early results produce a couple of shocks

Afan Lido 1 - 5 Airbus
Bangor 1 - 2 Llanelli
Carmarthen 2 - 4 Connah's Q.
TNS 0 - 1 Newtown... first win at TNS since 1997 , what do you know pg?

Pg,what to say,great prediction.Unfortunately,that costed me a lot :frown As traeth said,it cant be that easy...

final result of the day spoilt my day

Prestatyn 2 - 2 Aberystwyth

my early thought worry me , I think I can pick a winner in every game , these kind of weeks usually drain my beer money fund

Afan Lido v Airbus ..away win
Bangor City v Llanelli ...home win
Carmarthen Town v Connah's Quay ..away win
The New Saints v Newtown ... home win by a big margin
Prestatyn v Aberystwyth ...home win

Sun, 14th of Oct, 2012
14:30 Bala Town v Port Talbot...home win

I'll take a further look and post some more thoughts later as it can't be that easy :help

that's my beer fund drained , I should have stuck with my gut instinct and avoided these "easy" games

My bank is drained.I must stick with hockey,if i want to earn something :(

Back