• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Welsh Premier League 19th and 20th Oct

traeth

these odds from bluesq

Fri, 19th of Oct, 2012
19:30 Aberystwyth v The New Saints 5.50 3.60 1.53
19:30 Airbus v Prestatyn 2.10 3.40 2.87
19:30 Connah's Quay v Bala Town 2.20 3.40 2.70
19:30 Llanelli v Afan Lido 1.50 3.75 5.50
Sat, 20th of Oct, 2012
14:30 Port Talbot v Bangor 3.60 3.50 1.80
15:45 Newtown v Carmarthen 1.80 3.50 3.60

Friday

Aberystwyth v The New Saints
Aber went to leaders Prestatyn last week and got a draw. Their defence was weak in the first half but their second half performance was good . They have some good players but getting them to play as a team is their challenge.
TNS lost at home to Newtown last week which surprised many but our pg predicted the upset.
TNS did create some chances but their finishing was poor, I cannot see it happening again so an away win for me.

Airbus v Prestatyn
Airbus have hit form recently and totally outplayed Afan Lido last week with a 5-1 away win.
League leaders Prestatyn were held to a home draw by Aber last week.
I can't separate these two sides , draw?

Connah's Quay v Bala Town
Connah's Quay do well against the average sides in this league but at the moment Bala Town have hit a bit of form [ apart from their heavy defeat at Bangor]
They were the better side in their home win to Port Talbot on Sunday. Another difficult one for me.

Llanelli v Afan Lido
Llanelli have been inconsistant this season . They had an excellent 2-1 win at Bangor last week and I can see them continuing this improvement and I think that 1/2 is a very decent price.
Afan Lido have lost their last five games conceeding 25 goals in those matches and are stuck at the bottom of the league.
I can see an easy home win here so I'm going with Llanelli.

Saturday

Port Talbot v Bangor
Port Talbot looked average against Bala Town on Sunday.
Bangor suffered a surprise defeat at home to Llanelli last week and I can see them bouncing back from that.
I'm not a fan of h2h stats in this league but Bangor have done well on their recent visits to Port Talbot , their last three visits there have been 1-2
Bangor away win @1.8 with bluesq

Newtown v Carmarthen
Newtown have been better away and they produced a great win at TNS last week.
I'm expecting them to produce a performance at home this week.
Carmarthen won their opening two matches , since then they are yet to win . They led 2-1 last week but were eventually beaten 4-2 by Connah's Quay.
Newtown home win @1.83 with bet365

Hello traeth and all,

I've gone for the over 3.5 once more in Prestatyn's game at Airbus tonight. 2.15 with William Hill. It's a bet that has been successful for me lately with Prestatyn being high scoring and a bit dodgy at the back. These two teams are the most high scoring in the league this season. They are relatively evenly matched in terms of quality which I worry could lead to a tight game, but with the attacking talent on display and the fact that defences aren't generally strong in the WPL I decided to go for it. It was touch and go, not my most confident pick, but I just about reckon it's worth it...I do find overs/unders hard to price for even games but would have put a fair price under evens.

I think I am going to follow traeth's Bangor pick as well. They tend to do well on the road and 1.8 or so is a decent price IMO.

good luck with your overs bet pg

I'm backing Llanelli -1 A.H. tonight based on Lido poor form

Thanks mate. You must be relieved about not losing any money on Llanelli! Excellent fightback by them, I find they are a hard team to predict at the moment due to the off pitch factors and the fact they still have a decent team. But I fully agree Lido are struggling after an okayish start. Let's hope the Bangor win comes in.

Back