• Hi and welcome to Betnod. Please register for even more tips, analysis and chat.

Welsh Premier League 28th/29th Sept

traeth

these odds from boyles
28th Sep
19:30 Prestatyn 1.67 draw 3.50 Connah's Quay 4.20

29th Sep

14:30 Carmarthen 6.00 draw 3.60 Bangor 1.47

14:30 Llanelli 1.73 draw 3.40 Bala Town 4.00

14:30 The New Saints 1.29 draw 4.33 Port Talbot 8.50

15:45 Afan Lido 2.20 draw 3.30 Newtown 2.70

14:30 Airbus 1.57 draw 3.50 Aberystwyth 5.00 ...Website says 2:30 , bookies go for 7:30 , earlier time methinks

my thinkings

Friday
19:30 Prestatyn Town v Connah's Quay
Prestatyn are a difficult side to beat at home , but Connah's Quay have had a good start this season .
I think Prestatyn are the better side and I can see them winning but that price is not value for me.

Saturday

14:30 Carmarthen v Bangor City
Carmarthen started well this season and won their first two matches since then they have not won.
Bangor did lose last week to Champions TNS but they are superior to Carmarthen , bookies have priced this one right in my opinion .

Llanelli v Bala Town
I have mentioned that Llanelli have problems every week and their performances have been inconsistent , they did win at Aber last week.
Bala Town had a terrible start to this season but got their initial win at home to Carmarthen last week.
Can Bala Town produce a surprise here ? At that price they are worth considering after reading this article in the Welsh-Premier site, but that first win was against a poor Carmarthen

read here http://welsh-premier.com/index.php/lead-story/5118-reds-players-ready-to-hold-crisis-talks

The New Saints v Port Talbot
TNS at home needs no more recommendation , they had a very good win at home agains challengers Bangor last week which will have put them on a high after a blip prior to that match.
Port Talbot have drawn three out of their last four games but I can't see that result here.

Afan Lido v Newtown
Two sides that were expected to prop up the table , I'll give this one a miss.

Airbus v Aberystwyth
Airbus clicked last week and won 7-1 at Newtown . I would not be surprised is they scored a hatfull again this week at home.
Aber bottom of the league with only one win , rumours that the manager is for the chop but no suitable alternative suggested.
Airbus win .

I will probably double Airbus with Brighton.

I eagerly await your comments boys

I agree with the Airbus win. 1.7 and I've split my stake between Nordic Bet and Paf. You said it really, Aber have been abysmal this season, whilst Airbus spent a lot of money in the summer and they seem to be coming into form. They should do well after the owners targeted a European spot and backed the manager with cash. For those that like a long-shot over 5.5 goals is 5.5 with William Hill. It has come in twice for Airbus and once for Aber already this season, and Aber's defene has been very poor; they have been beaten by big margins on a few occasions. Not for me though- I am a more cautious kind of punter and tend to prefer the lower odds.

I have also bet on over 2.5 goals in tonight's game. 1.45 with Betsafe, Bwin and a few others. Also the 2.20 for over 3.5 is a good bet with Nordic Bet, but I used all my remaining funds with them on the Airbus bet, and they charge for deposits, so I've gone for the safer bet. Connah's Quay have looked very good offensively but poor defensively, as shown in their 6-4 win against Lido last weekend. Parkinson and Price have been brilliant for Prestatyn up front and I fancy them to get a lot of joy against the Connah's Quay defence, whilst Prestatyn have conceded quite a few goals as well this season. I see a high scoring game.

GL.

good luck with your bets pg

welshpremier.co.uk has a "Mathew Burgess' Corbetts Sports Betting Preview"

read it here
http://www.welshpremier.co.uk/news/WPL86207.ink

MATTHEW'S BET OF THE WEEK:
Three draws: Prestatyn v Connah’s Quay, Carmarthen Town v Bangor City and Llanelli v Bala Town. £10 stake gives £459.38 return.

Three most unlikely draws in my opinion but what do you expect from the bookie , preview a decent summary

Yep I agree, would be amazed if that came in, but interesting to see someone doing a betting preview of the WPL nevertheless.

great call on your bets pg , you should have robbed your piggy bank for that over 3.5 Prestatyn as it came in , well done

results
Prestatyn 4-1 Gap Connah's Quay
Afan Lido 2-3 Newtown
Airbus 5-1 Aberystwyth
Carmarthen 0-1 Bangor
Llanelli 1-4 Bala Town
The New Saints 5-0 Port Talbot

Yep, 2.5% commission on deposits is annoying though! More importantly I should have done the over 5.5 in the Airbus game. But I'm happy with 2/2. Llanelli and Aber look in trouble.

Any bets on the Welsh league cup tonight traeth? I've noticed the underdogs tend to do well in this competition.

Any bets on the Welsh league cup tonight traeth? I've noticed the underdogs tend to do well in this competition.

it's difficult to know which teams take this cup seriously and the underdog playing at home do sometimes produce a surprise , plus its raining heavily here up in North Wales
Bala v Bangor 11/5 12/5 20/21 ...waterlogged pitch
Bryntirion Athletic v Carmarthen 13/5 13/5 4/5... cancelled
Haverfordwest v Llanelli 31/10 13/5 4/6...this match looks like upset material
Newtown v Afan Lido 9/10 5/2 23/10...?
Penrhyncoch v Airbus 6/1 29/10 2/5 - cancelled
Prestatyn v T.N.S. 7/2 5/2 13/20 ...Prestatyn beat TNS in the league at home a couple of weeks ago , can't see them doing it again

not betting on these tonight , good luck pg if you are having a bet

Yeah agree, Haverfordwest look the best bet but 888sport and Bluesquare who had a standout price of 5.5 on the home win have taken their markets down. I won't have a bet but will regard the result with interest.

tonight's results

Haverfordwest 1 - 4 Llanelli
Newtown 3 - 3 Afan Lido ..gone to extra time
Prestatyn 0 - 2 TNS
I think we did well to avoid these , I must be having a poor season when I 'm happy if I don't lose!

Back