1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

£11.49 to £50

Discussion in 'The Glory Hole' started by Punter, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Punter

Punter Moderator

I can see me getting dragged out a bit at Christmas, so i'm going to play for the cost of a night out or two.

A rolling accumulator, all bet/s will be placed with BetVictor

£11.49 @ 9/20, Xerex +2 v Cordoba
  2. Punter

Punter Moderator

Final score 0-0 :) £16.66 returned

Newcastle v Wigan, Race to 3 corners, Newcastle £16.66 @ 1/2
  3. Punter

Punter Moderator

4. beamer

beamer Moderator

Do we lump on West Ham tomorrow Punt ?
  5. Punter

Punter Moderator

What a brilliant game for backing, laying and end result Beamer!

4pts behind in a 4 team race for 4th, January transfer window will probably decide who gets it :thumb
  6. beamer

beamer Moderator

Who needs Suarez :D

I had to double check that 4 pt gap myself when I saw it.

It's fairly compressed in the middle of the table, but it's not impossible.

I honestly think we need a load of fresh players, but will be lucky to get three I reckon.

Problem will be not just finding strikers, but some who can play with Suarez and happy to play 2nd fiddle to him.
  7. Punter

Punter Moderator

I have every faith in Rodgers to bring the right players in beam' :cold

He's a bit of lad is our Brendan....

[​IMG]
  8. slick

slick Administrator

Rumours Demba Ba may be going to Liverpool in January, I think he'd do allright for you and you definately need a front man with a bit of height who can actually knock the ball in the net.
  9. beamer

beamer Moderator

Demba would be a ideal, but there are two issues with him.

He cannot pass a medical, so no insurer will quote on him. Apparently it's not such big deal nowadays, but LFC aren't flowing with cash, so a 4 year deal, plus the fee could put the owners off.

I'm still not certain of the "philosophy", so whether he or any other striker fits Rodgers profile is a total guess at the moment.
  10. slick

slick Administrator

I know he's dodgey where medicals are concerned but it's never stopped him, at the right price it would probably be a gamble worth taking considering Liverpool are crying out for a proven striker.
    It's a risk ok but he's never let anybody down.

As for fitting into Rodger profile beggars can't be chooser's at the moment because there aren't many decent strikers about, not for the amount Ba would cost anyhow.
  11. Seen

Seen Moderator

Being a Sunderland fan, it pains me to say that he's very good. Has fantastic technique and one of those players who will score quality goals regularly given the right service. Would be a great signing.
  12. Punter

Punter Moderator

I dont want another striker, we dont need one, we managed alright without one on Sunday, we're only ever going to play with one striker up front under Rodgers system anyway.

We need two class midfielders in, that's all. Alonso and Alexis Sanchez would do nicely.

Pound to a penny i bet we dont buy a striker in January!
  13. beamer

beamer Moderator

I think we have been lucky this season with the fact that Suarez has stayed fit and ban free, but he's the type of player who you really expect to get at least one maybe two reds a season.

I'm not totally certain he will stay beyond the summer.

Our position is misleading as the standard at the moment is crap
  14. Punter

Punter Moderator

What are your thoughts on Raheem Sterling not signing a new contract yet? I've read he's off to Utd a few times now, along with Walcott.

I dont think Suarez will go anywhere for a few years, Sterling seems to be giving the impression that he might though.
  15. slick

slick Administrator

I've heard it's going to be a straight swap for Scott Sinclair:crossfingers
  16. Punter

Punter Moderator

Who?
    How much would he likely to be sold for, with 18 or even 12 months left on his contract? £20M to £15M? I think he's more likely to go than to stay.
  17. Punter

Punter Moderator

Fuck, i suppose it's a possibility with Sinclair, you got a link for it Slick?
  18. beamer

beamer Moderator

I think it's another wet dream of Slick's, Punt.

Unlikely Sinclair will get much time on the pitch for City now, with his best chance being the Europa Cup, but I think the move would have to come from Sinclair himself, as Mancini's recent transfers look questionable. Getting rid of someone with so few minutes on the pitch to prove himself, would leave the manager open to further criticism. He may possibly not be playing him to facilitate a move by the player, but the other issue of excessive wages of City cast off's also becomes an issue.

I think Sterling will sign a new deal, although it may take a few games sitting on the subs bench in January before he signs. The one advantage he has at LFC, is the knowledge he will get games, which he could not be certain going to the top 3/4.

He gets a 500% bonus if he plays a Prem game. I wish other players contracts were framed in a similar way, with a lower basic, with enhancements for performance.

The fact that we are trying to resign Ince, makes the thought of Sterling going even more remote in my opinion.

Like all players moves though, we are clueless what the knob head agents are telling the players.
    Punter likes this.
  19. Punter

Punter Moderator

20. beamer

beamer Moderator

7 points off relegation Punt :duh

It's always going to happen, with the system he plays. I'm amazed none of these pro pundits don't have the balls to highlight it. Every time we are in possession, there is a mass of space on both our flanks that the centre backs have to cover.

The Rodgers fan club tell me Barca play the same way, but they can simply score more goals.

We played some great football yesterday but the quality in the box was awful, Gerrard being the worst culprit.