1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Anyone daft enough to think that there'd be no sick chanting...

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by ONEDUNME, Sep 24, 2012.

1. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

..at the Liverpool United game yesterday?

I was. I must be getting dafter as I get older because I really though we'd get through ONE DAY without it.

Reports are (and you can find this all over the internet so I won't bother posting links) that United fans taunted Liverpool fans at the end, calling them murderers and singing "It's never your fault", a reference to Hillsborough.
    United fans said that that was in response to Munich taunts and Liverpool FC have supposedly confirmed that they evicted one of their fans for such gestures.

On a weekend when people from many clubs voiced whole-hearted agreement with SAF's sentiment that "Our rivalry with Liverpool is based on a determination to come out on top – a wish to see us crowned the best against a team that held that honour for so long.
    “It cannot and should never be based on personal hatred.

it didn't take long before a minority of Liverpool fans forgot that they haven't got a monopoly on being offended by tragedy and potential tragedy with some dickhead supporters posting on twitter.

"I hope Mark Halsey gets cancer again and dies"

and

"Mark Halsey should've died of cancer."

Fucking genius in a week when, quite rightly, Liverpool football club have been asking for a little more understanding from supporters of other clubs.

2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

By the way, I don't accept that Hillsborough chanting is acceptable even in the event of some Liverpool fans chanting about Munich. How many fans at Liverpool yesterday personally knew someone who died in Munich that day? Whereas the numbers of people personally affected by Hillsborough (through either losing someone they knew, or through the experience of actually being there on that day) would be in the many hundreds.

An excuse of "well they started it" belongs in an infant school playground.

On the other side of the fence, if Liverpool expect to be granted the respect for the dead that they crave, they should be jumping up and down on any of their own fans they hear mocking the dead of other teams, in whatever circumstances.
  3. slick

slick Administrator

It's till only the minority that spoil it for the majority, there are dickheads in every walk of life and in a crowd of nearly 50,000 you are going to get lets say about 50 or so that will make themselves heard.
    As for the Mark Halsey remarks on the Internet they should be taken with a pinch of salt as they may be trolls.

Nothing shocks me anymore but I am wise to the fact that once these nobheads get a reaction they and others will do it all the more, it's like the silly cnuts that think it's ok to give a player of the opposing team a load of verbal and hand gestures when they take a throw in or corner kick in front of them, they should be dragged out and barred for life, same too with those that choose to sing sick chants.
    It's not going to stop until the clubs themselves decide do something about it.
  4. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I was expecting that word Slick "minority". It's used too much as an excuse in my opinion. If you take a look at how many United fans were chanting yesterday (providing the footage is genuine and it's not some cunt doctoring the video and adding sound from another day on it) you'll see that it's not half a dozen but hundreds of fans.
  5. slick

slick Administrator

I can't reply as I've not seen the Video but it's only a minority that would have started it and no doubt some others will have followed like sheep, these being the soft cnuts that wouldn't say boo to a goose outside the ground.
    The minority I'm talking about are the ones that don't give a fcuk about anything or in other words 'Trouble' wherever they go.
    Every club has it's fair share of them and until they are 'weeded out' nothing will change.
  6. Punter

Punter Moderator

There's no excuse for anyone chanting shit about death and to be honest i really dont understand the hatred in football.
    Ive never hated a football team in my life, not even in my youth, football is football and most of the time i love it. Rivalry, banter, piss taking after defeat, or LFC in general lol, it's all part and parcel. Obviously i wouldn't want to see Utd lift another trophy ever and i always enjoy watching when they do lose but i respect who they are and what they've acheived. I've never felt the need to sing about Munich and it's sad to hear when i do hear it.
    As already pointed out, every club has them, only i cant ever see society or football clubs being able to change that fact, they'll always be there.

I thought Fergies letter was spot on btw, and in the main all football supporters/clubs have showed the families the respect they deserve, a lot of credit goes to all. Everton and Manchester Utd in particular have been very respectful and the tributes they have paid stands way above the morons that chant the shit.
  7. Punter

Punter Moderator