1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

BDO World Darts Championships

Discussion in 'Other Sports Betting' started by Beanie, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Beanie

Beanie Active Member

Some match bets later but an outright for now:

2pts each way Christian Kist @ 14/1 with Boylesports

14/1 on a relative unknown with little experience looks dodgy on the face of it, but his performance in round one was that good. Admittedly helped by some deadly finishing, his average of over 97 is in a different league to any other player in the tournament, with only defending champ matting Adams hitting just over 90.

The rest are the usual mix of 80-90 averages, which leaves Kist sticking out like a sore thumb here. Of course, it may prove to be a one off, but it didn't strike me as a fluke and his draw looks ok. Has every chance for me...unlike the PDC the BDO is there for the taking even by a complete newcomer.
    rcgills likes this.
  2. Beanie

Beanie Active Member

1pts Robbie Green 2nd Quarter Winner @ 11/8 with Skybet
    1pt Robbie Green Outright @ 24.00 with Betfair

This purely based on the draw, where quarter 2 is the weakest by some distance. Green is the class act remaining and having come through a possible test Fitton in R1 should have things easier in the next two, and if so he'll find himself in the Semis and likely to be sub 8/1 (at which point I'll likely be a layer.)
  3. Beanie

Beanie Active Member

For tomorrow night:

0.5pts Stone @ 5/1 with SportingBet
    1pts Montgomery @ 11/8 with SportingBet

I make the Montgomery match a coinflip. O Shea has far more pedigree but Montgomery is playing well and I think if you ran this one ten times they would end up roughly 5 a peice. All about who turns up on the day.

Stone played better than expected in R1 - Adams scored ok but was poor on the doubles. I'll still oppose him while the format is short as he can still struggle under pressure. If Stone nicks an early set then it's game on.
  4. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Im with you on Kong beanie. Backed him at 20/1.

also kinda agree with the dutch guy.... But havent backed him yet. Guy that works in the bookies also mentioned him b4 tourney started.

Some of the arrows have been piss poor mind
  5. Beanie

Beanie Active Member

Agreed keggers, which is why Kist has every chance. If he throws as well as he did in R1 then there's not many that can live with him.

Bad night tonight, Harms upped his game to cruise past Kong which is a shame as the potential QF tie looked even easier, and O Shea and Adams weren't really threatened. Hopefully Kist can deliver tomorrow.
  6. Beanie

Beanie Active Member

Kist through and again comfortably tops the averages for the round, throwing 96+.

O'Shea, Adams and Harms the only others to break 90(and all under 91) - and all three are on the opposite half of the draw from Kist, so he has every chance. Averages aren't everything but 5pts per throw on the field is a significant advantage at the moment.
  7. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Kist breezes into the semis..... Not sure of average but hes going strong.
  8. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Just watching highlights and Norris missed a 9 darter and seemed to then blow up. Missed big numbers to leave doubles but still played ok. Kist looks the real deal mind. (apart from the colin monk delivery)
  9. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Kist being 2-0 down in 5th set threw some darts....

esp 3rd leg tp take out 301 with 6 darts
  10. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Cnut !!!! norris would be better of throwing a pitch fork with 3 slack prongs !!!! Fucking awful darts when hes off mind
  11. Beanie

Beanie Active Member

Kist does look the real deal keg - that's three consistent matches now. If he replicates that in the semi he will deal with Hankey no problem. Down to 2/1 now but has a couple of serious tests ahead...
  12. Beanie

Beanie Active Member

Kist edges Hankey 6-5 :) Lands the 2pts each way @ 7/1 for a tidy profit, final to come tomorrow.

Played his poorest match so far though, went off the boil for a large part of the match, sandwiched by a fast start and strong finish(plus a Hankey collapse.) Will need to rediscover the earlier form for the final.
  13. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Well done beanie.

Im on at 4/1 and will probably let it ride but depending on odds of his opponent may cover to get stake back but will need to wait. Gutted i never got any of the 66/1 or 50/1 but you live and learn
  14. Beanie

Beanie Active Member

I don't tend to get involved in the outrights pre tourney as I don't pay enough attention to the rest of the season(will do this year tho) but by all accounts Kist had been showing some very good form towards the end of 2011.

Nice bet kegs, I think Kist will win tomorrow for what it's worth. He had an almighty wobble today and probably should have lost as he couldn't hit a treble for love nor money from sets 5-8, but having come through that he will be better off for it. He should outscore O'Shea comfortably enough and from what I've seen so far he has an excellent mentality and deals with pressure situations/form dips well.

Just glad I don't have to watch hankey again tbh! Cmon Kist :)
  15. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Followed you on Kist (and Green too), so cheers for that Beanie :thumb Had pretty much given up hope today when he was 5-3 down mind you.
  16. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Early days but oshea doesnt look settled snd ling may it continue. Kust jst btoke to go 2-1 up.

Oshea still hasnt hit a 180
  17. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Kist wins 7-5 although he seemed to stall towards the dnd but to be fair oshea threw some darts. Showing a decent profit but gutted i ndver backed him earlier.

Well done as well beanie and rc :beer
  18. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

No "well done" for me Kegman, I backed him entirely based on Beanie's post, had never even heard of him before then, and hadn't watched any of the first round.
  19. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

What price did you get rc ?
  20. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

13/1 on Betfair, not long after Beanie had made the original post. Laid some of it back after he won yesterday's semi though.